Please fix warrior

Arky.3072

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Cool, now what is your class and how many blinds, evades, blocks, weakness, distortions/invulns, and teleports does it have? Don't act like dodging is the only defense out there.

probably 1-2 of those and in long cds especially invulns. a battle of attrition will always be won by a warrior.

someone so tanky has no business having access to so many nukes. Even throw axe crits like 6k lmfao.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

probably 1-2 of those and in long cds especially invulns. a battle of attrition will always be won by a warrior.

someone so tanky has no business having access to so many nukes. Even throw axe crits like 6k lmfao.

No no no. You picked across numerous weapons on warrior to disparage it, not all of which can be taken together.

So I ask again. Tally your active defense pool.

Spoiler

It's more than 14 and less than 50.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

If you play warrior for all the day then yes.

But then asura exists...

Consider how silly a notion it is to propose nerfs to a class based on a small character model and damaging the playstyle of every person who uses that class, instead of just turning on "standard enemy models" in settings. 

• Thanks 5

18 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That is an issue with Asura though. 

I'm sorry, i'll fix it, telegraphed is my kitten, when you find a good one is just gg.

Anet, PLEASE, delete that kitten profession to the bottom, or then give everyone 99 CCs and invuln to match this aberration.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Hellz.3058 said:

OP is a low gold player, ofc he cant dodge

Let's assume that this is really just about low elo players struggling with warrior (or spellbreaker, specifically).

Even then it's due to a nerf. Other classes got nerfed for being pup stompers. Now it's just warrior's turn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Let's assume that this is really just about low elo players struggling with warrior (or spellbreaker, specifically).

Even then it's due to a nerf. Other classes got nerfed for being pup stompers. Now it's just warrior's turn.

How about we stop holding hands. The pups need to learn to dodge fight at some point.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

How about we stop holding hands. The pups need to learn to dodge fight at some point.

Back when flamethrower scrapper got nerfed, everyone was saying that we have to nerf it because it is "not fun to fight", simply because you couldn't (easily) CC the build.

Sorry, but now I think it is just fair that we also nerf spellbreaker. This build is even less fun to play against for new players, because it literally doesn't let them do anything. They get CCed once and then stay on the ground until they are dead.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Back when flamethrower scrapper got nerfed, everyone was saying that we have to nerf it because it is "not fun to fight", simply because you couldn't (easily) CC the build.

Sorry, but now I think it is just fair that we also nerf spellbreaker. This build is even less fun to play against for new players, because it literally doesn't let them do anything. They get CCed once and then stay on the ground until they are dead.

Juggernaut shouldn't have been nerfed to begin with.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Juggernaut shouldn't have been nerfed to begin with.

Juggernaut wasn't even nerfed, they nerfed the damage of the flamethrower to the ground.

But it seems that Anet agrees that builds which are giving new players a hard time get nerfed. Now it's just warrior's turn. *shrug*

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Juggernaut wasn't even nerfed, they nerfed the damage of the flamethrower to the ground.

But it seems that Anet agrees that builds which are giving new players a hard time get nerfed. Now it's just warrior's turn. *shrug*

But when is it going to be Mesmer's turn again? And Thief's? New and old players both have issues playing against them, due to their elusiveness and runaway potential.

And then there are people who hate fighting Necromancers due to their minions and Shroud often being used as a second HP bar (allegedly).

And there are people who can't fight rangers, because they have too much immobilize and Longbow is too strong for also having 1500 range.

If we are going to nerf the one thing Warrior can do decent through the ground, then there should also be nerfs to other things that allegedly have been issues for some people for significantly longer.

If they nerf Warrior again and remove the last few remaining important bits, they might as well rename it to Eunuch, because there'll be no important bits left.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Juggernaut was (and is) a problem because pulsing stab is a bad idea and should be implemented (if at all) in short durations. Permanent pulsing stab is just bad design. As was running around with superspeed and pressing 1.  It was pretty much the ultimate brain dead playstyle.

That said, they really should have reworked juggernaut instead of nerfing flamethrower. Now FT is essentially useless, and, by extension, so is juggernaut. They could have made juggernaut to have pulsing protection, or just an initial bit of stab when entering FT, or something else that would have allowed FT to still be strong for damage but be more counterplayable.

Pivoting to warrior, hammer is much less of the problem than Spellbreaker is. Almost all of hammer Spellbreaker 's kit is very telegraphed, but it's the sheer abundance of CCs (esp if they are running dagger shield on the other weapon set) that make it hard to deal with. There's already counterplay available, but nerfing FC a bit by increasing it's CD (and maybe reducing the daze back to 1s) would go a long way to making it more manageable to play against.

• Like 1

Just now, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Juggernaut was (and is) a problem because pulsing stab is a bad idea and should be implemented (if at all) in short durations. Permanent pulsing stab is just bad design. As was running around with superspeed and pressing 1.  It was pretty much the ultimate brain dead playstyle.

If there wasn't so much CC in the game, traits like Juggernaut might be too much.

But as long as CC vomit is so disgustingly high, every bit of Stability that currently exists in the game is still not enough.

35 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

That said, they really should have reworked juggernaut instead of nerfing flamethrower. Now FT is essentially useless, and, by extension, so is juggernaut. They could have made juggernaut to have pulsing protection, or just an initial bit of stab when entering FT, or something else that would have allowed FT to still be strong for damage but be more counterplayable.

Pivoting to warrior, hammer is much less of the problem than Spellbreaker is. Almost all of hammer Spellbreaker 's kit is very telegraphed, but it's the sheer abundance of CCs (esp if they are running dagger shield on the other weapon set) that make it hard to deal with. There's already counterplay available, but nerfing FC a bit by increasing it's CD (and maybe reducing the daze back to 1s) would go a long way to making it more manageable to play against.

The flamethrower had other problems besides the ease of use of the build and Juggernaught. When I was running that build, I rarely even directly engaged players since I could just hit them through walls, hit them through ceilings, and hit them through floors, all for multi-target AoE power and condi damage.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

The flamethrower had other problems besides the ease of use of the build and Juggernaught. When I was running that build, I rarely even directly engaged players since I could just hit them through walls, hit them through ceilings, and hit them through floors, all for multi-target AoE power and condi damage.

Yeah, I agree it was wonky in more ways than one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

When I was running that build, I rarely even directly engaged players since I could just hit them through walls, hit them through ceilings, and hit them through floors, all for multi-target AoE power and condi damage.

Sorry but this screams "I'm not that experienced with Flamethrower".

The FT scrapper build that got FT nerfed was pure power. You suffered dps loss from doing anything but auto attacking really. The auto attack has, what, 1 burn at the very end of a 2+ sec long channel? Big condi damage there.

And cone attacks, FT included, are notoriously bad at hitting on different elevations. Yes, they go through walls, but you're not consistently hitting up through ceilings or down through floors.

In addition, most PvP conquest points are out in the open, with no walls to hit through. If you "rarely even directly engaged players", does that mean you never fought over capture points (i.e. how you win)?

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Confused 1

As mutch as I love my class but even I say. This full cc warrior build is pretty broken and need to tuned down. The best way to not make it unplayable but just slightly weaker would be a cd increase  to stalwart strength and might it be from 0, 25 seconds to around 3 seconds. But there need to be something done to make room for at least some counterplay.

Edited by Pati.2438