Over stacked servers are demoralizing the playerbase.

SugarCayne.3098

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dayra.7405 said:I don't think that overstacked server are demoralizing, I think that the stupid man-power dominates the scoring by a factor of 100 over everything else is demoralizing.

Which is a balance issue more than anything else. If balance was decent like in another MMO I play. Than the "stupid man-power" would not dominate the scoring. You would actually see blobs disperse because, just simply omni-blobbing is not a effective tactic, more of a hindrance.

The thing with GW2 is that there are so many features in place. That simply protect the omni-blob as it trains down objectives throughout the maps. (Watchtowers, and the whole supply and upgrade system.) Makes it so the more dumb minded bodies you have. The more physical resources you have. Which in itself promotes and protect, server stacking omni-blobbing tactics. Which leds us to one of the foundations of the whole problem. (More bodies over trump map tactics, and any other tactics. Just stack and burn for the win.)

SoS has been unlocked for almost a month straight now and has been battling BG and maguumaSometimes we do well, sometimes we do poorly, but this "overstacked" meme is getting out of hand. The average BG wubwub player is actually good, the average other server player is most likely half the skill.

@Roxanne.6140 said:What..?t somebodeh apologising for thinking someone else here is BG? Puppy that! The fact is most of the forum here are from BG that's why arguments against BG never win, cuz it's just a minority who are making noise about it. Is why I said to open all servers so that this minority error can be removed and happily ever after.

No, it's because you said cuz instead of because. That always loses a debate. And you also typed somebodeh, which is actually harder to type than somebody. You'll never win unless you change your game.

@QuantumCat.9051 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:What..?t somebodeh apologising for thinking someone else here is BG? Puppy that! The fact is most of the forum here are from BG that's why arguments against BG never win, cuz it's just a minority who are making noise about it. Is why I said to open all servers so that this minority error can be removed and happily ever after.

No, it's because you said cuz instead of because. That always loses a debate. And you also typed somebodeh, which is actually harder to type than somebody. You'll never win unless you change your game.

looks like bg, smells like bg... *sniffs, must be bg

_QuantumCat.9051✭✭October 29You must not keep up to speed on the WvW scene. Two major guilds have left Blackgate in the last week alone. BG wasn't even queued on EBG during reset last night. Queues on the other maps were minimal (I was late for reset by about 10 minutes and only had to wait out a 2 person queue on Desert BL). There were only three organized guilds running across all four maps. This is nowhere near what any major server could field a couple of years ago. If other linked servers can't field at least three active guilds on reset night, it's hardly BG's fault.

All you need to do is to take a look at the KDR and you'll see the difference in score this week._

Re OP issue: My experience on a daily basis is that I am rarely queued for EGB. When it happens, that's on Saturday and Sunday, at peak times. When I am queued, I am usually about position 8 or below. It is a bit boring, but it goes so fast until I get the message to travel that I usually don't even have the time to do anything. Very much acceptable to my taste. Once in awhile - rather rare - it goes as bad as being in position 20. Then I confront a waiting times a bit longer, however, I still speak in term of minutes here, not hours.So, if I summarize it: From time to time, 2 days out of 7, I get queued with a waiting time of a few minutes average. Is that an issue? For me personally, no. Of course, I would prefer not to wait at all, that would be perfect, but well... That's why I tend to believe - my own very personal opinion - that the issue is somewhat exaggerated and I voted no.

As for the statement about "demoralizing the player base": As long as we don't see concrete figures, nobody can tell if it is true or not. Maybe yes, maybe no. I believe that in this forum, we are not enough posters to pretend being representative of the player base. Far from it.

Please stop making every WvW issue about any specific server. If you do not know that WvW involves zerging, pvp, and is a 24/7 game mode that is your fault.

The biggest factors in driving away players, or contributing to dissatisfaction among players and morale are game play issues. Problems with lag. Dislike for the state of class balance...stability changes, bunker/boon share meta, condi meta etc. Inability or unwillingness to adapt to changes. Frustration with the speed of additions to the game mode which make people feel like it is neglected.

@X T D.6458 said:Please stop making every WvW issue about any specific server. If you do not know that WvW involves zerging, pvp, and is a 24/7 game mode that is your fault.

The biggest factors in driving away players, or contributing to dissatisfaction among players and morale are game play issues. Problems with lag. Dislike for the state of class balance...stability changes, bunker/boon share meta, condi meta etc. Inability or unwillingness to adapt to changes. Frustration with the speed of additions to the game mode which make people feel like it is neglected.

Disagree.

Getting steamrolled with no chance of even making a dent is a significant player fatigue problem.

In fact, eliminating stacked servers, capping maps to 50 per map max, and then booting off people from the stacked servers would eliminate lag, would help with players learning class balance, force smaller groups to adapt and learn new tactics -- and unfortunately, force people to adapt to change.

Imagine a map without lag.

Extra bonus!: Booting people off overstacked servers would create a semblance of population balance -- and huzzah, more people to fight, more competition, more fun!

Fix the issue stated in the OP and you fix a myriad of issues.

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:As for the statement about "demoralizing the player base": As long as we don't see concrete figures, nobody can tell if it is true or not. Maybe yes, maybe no. I believe that in this forum, we are not enough posters to pretend being representative of the player base. Far from it.

To be fair, I used that set of words because of the other thread saying that closed servers were "demoralizing the playerbase," when I believe the opposite is true. Juxtaposition.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Please stop making every WvW issue about any specific server. If you do not know that WvW involves zerging, pvp, and is a 24/7 game mode that is your fault.

Disagree.

Getting steamrolled with no chance of even making a dent is a significant player fatigue problem.

In fact, eliminating stacked servers, capping maps to 50 per map max, and then booting off people from the stacked servers would eliminate lag, would help with players learning class balance, force smaller groups to adapt and learn new tactics -- and unfortunately, force people to adapt to change.

Extra bonus!: Booting people off overstacked servers would create a semblance of population balance -- and huzzah, more people to fight, more competition, more fun!

So, you target one server, instead of all. Great idea.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Disagree.

Hard to determine if the cap of 50 or the booting you suggest will fix the lag.

Either way, who and how decides get booted?

Edit: Dropping to 50 sounds like restricting it to squad level. Last I saw I think we're hovering around 60-65 on map cap now.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Disagree.

Any server having that kind of steamroll would be impacted.

Have you not seen the hundreds of threads complaining about this?

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Disagree.

No. I've seen several, with many being about the T1 issue in EU.

Missed the point: punishing one server isnt the answer.

But it would make many feel good, and that's what this is about.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Disagree.

I actually im not voting on this one...

Usually siege gamemodes on mmo's tend to have mechanics to deal with the population gaps, but here ANet defined thats the way to win and keep ktrain alive, addin the pve class design and balance (to carry most on offensive gameplay ), this will hardly go well, Anet even borked up defense from walls to avoid small groups having the upper ground and advantage against a group on offense.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Disagree.

I think you need a break from the forums. You’re seeing persecution in my posts when there is none.

Stacked servers have been identified as problematic. There have been hundreds of threads trying to figure it out.

I’m not bashing BG. I’m simply saying all stacked servers, including EU.

Resolve that and you have a chance for some real competition. Steamrolling isn’t challenging. For either side.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Disagree.

So... eliminating stacked servers, booting people off stacked servers..

I think you might be delusional. But hey, whatever it takes.

honestly they won't kick people off servers.

And where did I mention persecution? I think you think too much of your point maybe?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@"X T D.6458" said:Please stop making every WvW issue about any specific server. If you do not know that WvW involves zerging, pvp, and is a 24/7 game mode that is your fault.

Disagree.

So... eliminating stacked servers, booting people off stacked servers..

I think you might be delusional. But hey, whatever it takes.

honestly they won't kick people off servers.

And where did I mention persecution? I think you think too much of your point maybe?

Honestly why care? Just continue doing the same thing. Tank your server to avoid a boring week of getting steamrolled. I think that is the only real solution we have as players.

If the matchup is going to be a boring and miserable one. Then just don't show up. Allow the "Overstacked servers" to train down the map nearly unchallenged. Already seeing less and less commanders. That are willing to tag, or play WvW these days.

Game is supposed to be fun. When game becomes boring and or a miserable experience. Than it's time to take a hiatus till things change for the positive. If things don't then you might have to start thinking about some alternative forms of entertainment. This is what's become of WvW.

But as players there's nothing we can say, or type that will change ANet. So at last all is vain!

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:And where did I mention persecution? I think you think too much of your point maybe?

This is one sentence where I perceived it:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:But it would make many feel good, and that's what this is about.

You were wrong, but I can see, considering how things roll on the forum, that it would appear that way.

This. The demoralizing factor, at least for me, is the spamming aoe condi meta. Half of the classes don't even need to target anything, just spamming your aoes and run around like a chicken with your head cut off hoping your condi's kill your opponents before they can reach/hit you.

@mulzi.8273 said:

This. The demoralizing factor, at least for me, is the spamming aoe condi meta. Half of the classes don't even need to target anything, just spamming your aoes and run around like a chicken with your head cut off hoping your condi's kill your opponents before they can reach/hit you.

How can we believe reason from a BG player? Blasphemy!

First cue times suck. Its not entertaining to hurry up and wait. That ball is in Anets court and needs addressed instead of kicking the can down the road so to speak. Yes over stacked servers demoralize the smaller match-up to death. In fact many of us just sit it out and do something else till we rotate out. Not to mention smaller servers are just tossed in to boost "the cool kids servers". I played on a T1 and was bored to death with the herd just following the tag all the time from one stalemate to the next. Unfortunately transferring off of T1 did me little good since we are now cycled in to prop up other servers with no better balance in numbers than before rotations were introduced.....

Archived