Sportsmanship

WvW needs a sportsman ship report button. It would solve a lot of problems, Im sorry but if people are just capping a monument and 3 people just decide to jump them cause they are jerks, the game would be better off WITHOUT those three people. tons of other games have this report option, Why doesn't gw2? We need to clean up the toxic community on this game, can't happen without the ability to do something about it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

Im sorry but if people are just capping a monument and 3 people just decide to jump them cause they are jerks

No, they jumped you because it's a "pvp mode", the ruins and all objectives in wvw are there to promote conflict between players, but you just automatically assume they're toxic because they attacked you while you were doing something for the daily I would assume.

If you don't want to pvp then don't play wvw or spvp, or build a super mobile/stealth build and avoid them.

What would be the point of a report button when there's no one on the other end to listen....

• Thanks 13
  • Confused 2

People running around WvW to jump solos/duos doing dailies or people waiting on vets to spawn, using broken class builds such as EoD elite specs, ARE toxic lol. Theres playing WvW then theres just harressing people. If people want to Pvp in WvW, play the game mode, get camps, join a zerg, take a fort. Harressing people doing dailies is just bad sportsmanship

Saying "If you don't want to pvp then don't play wvw or spvp, or build a super mobile/stealth build and avoid them." Is probably the stupidest thing I've heard. Its a straight bot response with no logic put into it. 
Dont want to Pvp or WvW, Sure that'd be great, if the game isnt designed to force you into it to do PvE things. xD ROFL Achievements, legendaries, Dailies (which is 2 gold a day.) All of them, are all designed to force you into those modes, so "Just dont do them." is a totally naive and bigot response. 

Then automate it like most other games do. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 13

18 minutes ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

People running around WvW to jump solos/duos doing dailies or people waiting on vets to spawn, using broken class builds such as EoD elite specs, ARE toxic lol. Theres playing WvW then theres just harressing people. If people want to Pvp in WvW, play the game mode, get camps, join a zerg, take a fort. Harressing people doing dailies is just bad sportsmanship

Saying "If you don't want to pvp then don't play wvw or spvp, or build a super mobile/stealth build and avoid them." Is probably the stupidest thing I've heard. Its a straight bot response with no logic put into it. 
Dont want to Pvp or WvW, Sure that'd be great, if the game isnt designed to force you into it to do PvE things. xD ROFL Achievements, legendaries, Dailies (which is 2 gold a day.) All of them, are all designed to force you into those modes, so "Just dont do them." is a totally naive and bigot response. 

Then automate it like most other games do. 

Go do the pve dailies. 🥴

You're complaining about pvping in an open pvp mode. 🥴

Enjoy being ganked, cause the game mode ain't changing for you, and you apparently don't want to adapt. 🥴

• Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

...Saying "If you don't want to pvp then don't play wvw or spvp, or build a super mobile/stealth build and avoid them." Is probably the stupidest thing I've heard. Its a straight bot response with no logic put into it. 
Dont want to Pvp or WvW, Sure that'd be great, if the game isnt designed to force you into it to do PvE things. xD ROFL Achievements, legendaries, Dailies (which is 2 gold a day.) All of them, are all designed to force you into those modes, so "Just dont do them." is a totally naive and bigot response...

Uhm, that sounds like a pretty toxic response to me. Even more toxic than killing other players in a pvp game mode because this is getting into personal attacks and name-calling. Getting killed by other players, be it 1v1, 1v3, or 1v30 is par for the course in WvW.

• Like 8
  • Confused 4

The thing is, when the activity is nothing to do with the general WvW, there is sportsmanship. If it's the veteran daily, most people won't touch opposition players waiting at the spawn point. If there is obvious duelling going on, people will leave you to it (though you can't always know, of course, especially when it's happening where you don't expect it).

But the monuments are part of the core WvW gameplay. They have an impact on things (not much admittedly, and only when they control changes hands). So you've got to expect the opposition to stop you. If it's one on one, great. But if three of them happen to turn up and you are on your own? Sorry, but you make the choice at that point; stand and fight, or run.

If you die, you call for backup. Who knows, maybe some actual PvP breaks out.

You can't complain about competitive action in a competitive mode. There's a whole wide world on cooperative PvE out there if that's more your bag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

WvW is indeed and open world pvp system without sport rules how you design your fights.

theres only objective to score by holding territory and kills and using bugs and exploit as well as behavior against the ToS / code of conduct leads to punishment.

so if you go alone in this shark pond the sharks will realise that you are the weaker one and gank you. Its part of some peoples character and wont ever change in this world. One repetitive phenomenon in human psychology. War never changes.

the solution is only to not go alone in certain areas or be prepared to get away as quickly as you can if you come across gankers. Need to learn how to kite and move in this gamemode.

So since there is no rules of how to fight, people use whatever makes them win. Some run in a 50 zerg, some make themselfes a head how to pull and push the commander of this zerg over the edge while a 50 vs 50 is going on where 100 people extra gathered for and this single person thinks he has the right to derail the fight for 100 people who spend their limited time on this gathering.

I can only say treat others how you want to be treated. As if you overdrive it so your opposite dont feels the competition anymore but feels cyber bullied you will not win anything but rather the opponent will log off and thats it for you then as well.

when empathy vanishes completely there is destruction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

There is such a button: The one in the WvW panel where you leave WvW ... going back to PvE. The thing described ... is annoying - but intended. Just wait for your own zerg ... or group up with others - if you need the daily monument for the achievement.

This thread is as weird as people complaining about "duels" getting destroyed by other players just killing them or finishing a downed guy that was supposed to ressurect so he could duel again. This is just not 1 vs. 1 (go guild hall arena maybe) or small-scaled group combat with organized environment (use the normal PvP maybe). The participation system forces you to keep your participation up and everyone is encouraged to ge the easiest player kill to reset the timer to 10 minutes.

I would understand it if there was PvP included in the normal PvE maps ... this is a problem in some cheap asian grind games - that promote "open world PvP" with griefing and stuff ... just boring and there is  good reason why GW2 does not have such a system.

Edit: And for the gift for the legendaries: Capping camps is enough (always enough people to recap a camp every 10 minutes near the spawn in an enemy borderlands). For the dailies: Do the easy PvE ones (sometimes there are already 3 that are easy). Then fill it up with PvP - usually one match is enough. Only if there are a lot of annoying PvE dailies (do 4 events, a dungeon ... + some other annoying stuff - rare) and one PvP match can't fill up the remaining ones (participation one not amongst the PvE ones and you getting a loss and for some reason that one is not enough with the reward earnar or stuff). Then ... WvW can be used as well.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

WvW players also have to play pve unfortunately to get legendaries. 🥲

Seriously though, it can be annoying sometimes but there is no way someone would know you're just farming dailies. And they'd have no reason to trust that you are. 

The only poor sportsmanship I see here is someone complaining about other playing a game mode within the way it was intended. 

I wish I could show my sympathy but this is a bit of a stretch. 

What I can say is, you're less likely to encounter resistance camping veteran spawns on alpine maps and tagging a few camps to get some progress can help you out. No need for you to do any monuments. 

Note: even the shrines on Desert BL are probably a good pick. 

Edited by Serephen.3420
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 12/13/2022 at 3:49 PM, Ashlin.3708 said:

Harressing people doing dailies is just bad sportsmanship

You're in a PvP mode.

Look at it like this. You're playing COD and you're trying to unlock skins. You need 50 head shots. Some one kills you while you're trying to get your achievement done. That person is not wrong. They are just playing the game. Plus the system would just be over run with people senselessly reporting people.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

You're in a PvP mode.

Look at it like this. You're playing COD and you're trying to unlock skins. You need 50 head shots. Some one kills you while you're trying to get your achievement done. That person is not wrong. They are just playing the game. Plus the system would just be over run with people senselessly reporting people.

Yet almost every other game in the world has that feature and they dont have a problem with it?

Also the COD example is terrible, not even close to the same thing. 
A. this game is a balance joke. 
B. COD is not a PvE Primary game.
C. Anet forces you into WvW and PvP
D. theres a difference between killing people and being toxic. I've played many many many other MMO's, GW2 is the only game that has a crappy PvP community.

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

Yet almost every other game in the world has that feature and they dont have a problem with it?

Also the COD example is terrible, not even close to the same thing. 
A. this game is a balance joke. 
B. COD is not a PvE Primary game.
C. Anet forces you into WvW and PvP
D. theres a difference between killing people and being toxic. I've played many many many other MMO's, GW2 is the only game that has a crappy PvP community.

You've never considered that the points you are trying to make are interconnected?

GW2 is ultimately an MMO game. As an MMO it has four dimensions of open- and instanced PvE and PvP. If people like you begin to see it as a primarily PvE-oriented game whilst being designed and published as an MMO, then maybe that says more about relatively poor treatment of the PvP modes and their players than it says anything about what the game "is". If certain subsets of players are treated poorly then they may quit, or adapt in ways that makes what's left in that playerbase perhaps not the most chippy of people.

10 hours ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

theres a difference between killing people and being toxic. I've played many many many other MMO's, GW2 is the only game that has a crappy PvP community.

I assure you that it is not so. Maybe you've had some bad experience the few times you've joined WWW, to satisfy some personal collection needs. Maybe you don't like PvP and that influences your judgment. There are players of all kinds, especially polite people who want to play and have fun, you can also find someone who exaggerates, someone childish, and someone who would need a prolonged break, but as in any pvp game I guess.

If you like PvP, if comparing yourself to other real players piques your interest, then change everything. WWW becomes your second home in the city. Log in calmly, try all your constructions your skills, start putting together your equipment, meet a lot of players, make friends with all the people similar to you, who like to play and try things in a similar way to yours, you will learn their names and their hours.

Just like when you enter the pub downstairs. So as you can see judging WWW is very subjective.

When the WWW player has finished doing his thing, and he has finished chatting, he starts playing PvP and fighting. He will come looking for you and do anything to get the better of you. You have to accept it because it's part of the game, it's not a personal matter, it's not just for you, it works like that for everyone.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 3:31 PM, Ashlin.3708 said:

WvW needs a sportsman ship report button. It would solve a lot of problems, Im sorry but if people are just capping a monument and 3 people just decide to jump them cause they are jerks, the game would be better off WITHOUT those three people. tons of other games have this report option, Why doesn't gw2? We need to clean up the toxic community on this game, can't happen without the ability to do something about it.

Several people have already explained the principle of WvW. I would just like to come back to the part where you mention that Anet should go after toxic community. 

I agree with you, that Anet should take more drastic measures against toxic people. For example, yesterday, you sent me an angry message because someone killed you in WvW and you though it was me. 

We don't play on the same server, you mentioned that you use the function to report a player to get their account name. Then you send them insults. 

I know that you also sent another message to another player on my server and that you blocked him instantly. You told him that you had reported him to Anet, because he killed you in WvW.

I think your attitude is much more toxic and childish than the situation you are trying to report.  

Edited by Aethra.3720
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1