Auto LFG based on stats/attributes

14 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

xaxaxax

If it doen't work , or people tried to boycotaz them by beeing afk and then going in the forums and saying :

"see?? Strikes with the 2 hours LFR didnt work , lets get back to raids" , then we simply continue with the low cost recycled Story Bosses as Strikes

...tick tock...november with content draught ofr the next expansion is commng...

Sure as long as we can get one strike with cm per living story update Im all for it.

I mean they atr recycled so should be no skin of your back.

That is still faster then we got raid wings anyway so.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Sure as long as we can get one strike with cm per living story update Im all for it.

I mean they atr recycled so should be no skin of your back.

That is still faster then we got raid wings anyway so.

Yeah , that's exactly my point .

And theres no need to increase the raid population by increasing the difuculty of the OW . They will get the fun/relaxed content that promotes co-up and if they want some chalenge they will step up and use the old LFG to create groupps .

No need to waste each other resources . The "future is already planned"

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 7

7 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yeah , that's exactly my point .

And theres no need to increase the raid population by increasing the difuculty of the OW . They will get the fun/relaxed content that promotes co-up and if they want some chalenge they will step up and use the old LFG to create groupps .

No need to waste each other resources . The "future is already planned"

Yea but what do all of this got to do with auto lfg you keep injecting other crap into this thread like some kind of broken record bud.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea but what do all of this got to do with auto lfg you keep injecting other crap into this thread like some kind of broken record bud.

Well you see ....

An auto-lfg will hurt Raid Sellers only , while an hardcore OW will hurt the majority that dont want already  to join Raids 😛

Relax , no need to be hostile...  We simply give our opinion for the rest of the community to read

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 8

3 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well you see ....

An auto-lfg will hurt Raid Sellers only , while an hardcore OW will hurt the majority that dont want already  to join Raids 😛

Relax , no need to be hostile...  We simply give our opinion for the rest of the community to read

Two unrelated things with you being the sole person that brought up the latter as if it had any bearing in this thread.  You cannot just throw some random statement whether it is true or not and use it to prove another statement of yours.  I believe there's a logical fallacy about that very thing; either false equivalence or conclusion.

You are wrong while chocolate is delicious therefore you are wrong.  What I said borderlines ridiculous but it's pretty much what you're doing.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I mean, as Long as it is optional to use, i don't Care.

I would Just sit Here with Popcorn and Coke and wait for all the whining of the so called forum-casuals that their groups suck and that everyone is so toxic and of course this would only be the "Elite" Raiders who are at fault, although i doubt that they would use an Auto lfg x).

... Now i want it, Just to See the world burn.

Hah! First argument regarding auto-LFG that actually managed to convince me. You have my popcorn bowl. xd

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

Two unrelated things with you being the sole person that brought up the latter as if it had any bearing in this thread.  You cannot just throw some random statement whether it is true or not and use it to prove another statement of yours.  I believe there's a logical fallacy about that very thing; either false equivalence or conclusion.

You are wrong while chocolate is delicious therefore you are wrong.  What I said borderlines ridiculous but it's pretty much what you're doing.

Well, thats the Killthehealersoff for you. He'll try to convince you that the sky is green if he will see even a slight chance that it will make players hate raiders. And he sees that chance way too often, like even in the chocolate example one of you mentioned. xd

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Would this even change anything? If you dont do instanced content with the current lfg, do you think you would do it if they made autofill? The last time they changed lfg was by adding a new  "training" sections and those are dead rn anyway, noone started to post any lfgs there.... Plus add to this all the arguments why it wouldnt work because how specialized roles are in raids for example and it will just look like its a waste of time to implement this suggestion

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's actually not true at all. I see those sections used on everyday basis. And not by sellers.

True, but there doesn't seem to be any increase of number of training squads related to creation of that separate tab. They appear just like they already did. Simiarly if someone is ok with making random squads, they're probably already "welcoming everyone" in current lfg.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's actually not true at all. I see those sections used on everyday basis. And not by sellers.

It is used very rarely. Just checked on EU, there is no one in raid training section and one group in the strike training section. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Without access to real data, that's highly subjective, because personally i see something different.

Maybe if you weren't checking lfg too much before that?  (and what exactly that "something different" is supposed to mean?)😄 On the other hand, all I do with that content is pug it and yeah, there was no real/meaningful increase in the number of those squads. Training squads are just happening here and there, exactly the same way they were before that separate tab.

And still: simiarly if someone is ok with making random squads, they're probably already "welcoming everyone" in current lfg.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

How do games with automated LFG systems like this handle it when the meta-game shifts and players are using new benchmarks or want new builds?

That's one of the big problems I see with a system like this (in addition to the problems already mentioned), the requirements would have to be programmed into the system, like the minimum thresholds for power or toughness or whatever and then when a balance update comes along or players invent new builds (which can happen even without balance updates) the LFG system will have to be updated to follow. If it requires building in new options like the ability to specific boons it could be a long time before Anet can fit it into their schedule. It seems like it could be a lot of work for them to maintain it and still end up running behind the game and therefore not being useful the majority of the time. Or it restricts build diversity and meta-gaming because players want to stick to things the menu will permit them to ask for.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

How do games with automated LFG systems like this handle it when the meta-game shifts and players are using new benchmarks or want new builds?

By having roles hardcoded into the classes, having builds be less important compared to gear, and having far less variance in gear at the same item level. This might not be enough at the highest tiers of difficulty, but that's not where automated LFGs are mostly used anyway.

Basically, automated LFGs work in games where there's relatively low variation of party members you obtain through the system. Compared to GW2, that is (because i'm quite sure players of those games often thing that the differences between good and bad players you could get are massive, even though in GW2 similar level of difference, barring some very extreme cases, would not really be even worth mentioning)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

That's one of the big problems I see with a system like this (in addition to the problems already mentioned), the requirements would have to be programmed into the system, like the minimum thresholds for power or toughness or whatever and then when a balance update comes along or players invent new builds (which can happen even without balance updates) the LFG system will have to be updated to follow. If it requires building in new options like the ability to specific boons it could be a long time before Anet can fit it into their schedule. It seems like it could be a lot of work for them to maintain it and still end up running behind the game and therefore not being useful the majority of the time. Or it restricts build diversity and meta-gaming because players want to stick to things the menu will permit them to ask for.

First you can also look at the trait set and basically count all on what they are set : heal, (hybrid)support, dmg in raids tank properly though toughness

Also how those games works with LFG is through 2 things mainly:

1. By slicing content each mission/boss don't take much more then 10 min.(as non speed run) .Basically how fractals was originally designed before Arena made them longer and longer. Bosses have their own queue, so when the groups goes by you don't need to start from  the first Boss if it fails.

2. The meta doesn't matter so much in those games either because the content isn't so hard or things fit like a Lego block. In this case  e.g it doesn't matter if your heal is Druid, Firebrand, Tempest, Renegade or Scrapper.

Yeah there is where things would really break down in GW2 at the moment because it means:

A. You can't play favorite like Arena.NET does to promote builds in certain content because even the players don't know who it coming into the group

B.You can't mix things sometimes the healer gives quickness sometimes the support means Renegade(heal) and Tempest need both to give Quickness and Chrono need to be able to give good Alacrity in fractals too

So the answer to what they do when the meta-shifts is they don't do any thing they make good balance to begin with. The rest need to be done by the players.

As a result the meta in such games aren't seen as strict as in Gw 2 or WoW because you can't enforce it, the balance is good  and the content is also tuned on it. When I switched to one I couldn't stop laughing for a while yes this hints to the not so hidden problem of Gw2 when I started the game it was the least toxic MMOs and the developers improved the balance and the game constantly but over time this switched completely over/around. Now it is closer to WoW then anything else.😭

To be fair games Ff14 has both systems because of hardcore content but this doesn't stop players also queue for it.

• Like 1