Anyone else impatient for a Q1 2023 Road Map?

On further reflection, it's a little worrisome that this roadmap is so limited.

If the new plan is a mini-expansion a year, and quarterly content/updates, why are they only revealing out two and a half months? One new zone end of February, a festival, DX11 and a balance update at the beginning of May...

Why so coy? Why, with the new plan, can't it be stated, "Mini expansion sometime mid summer, with two more zones/gameplay updateds before the end of the year" or whatever?

I'm not thinking anything specific and spoilery, just a little more concrete expecation about this plan of Mini-xpac followed by free additions.

Surely the new plan is scheduled out a year at least? Giving us the broad strokes would feel a lot more reassuring. Right now it feels vague enough that I hear "but, no promises just in case it doesn't really work out" unsaid at the end.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

43 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

On further reflection, it's a little worrisome that this roadmap is so limited.

If the new plan is a mini-expansion a year, and quarterly content/updates, why are they only revealing out two and a half months? One new zone end of February, a festival, DX11 and a balance update at the beginning of May...

Why so coy? Why, with the new plan, can't it be stated, "Mini expansion sometime mid summer, with two more zones/gameplay updateds before the end of the year" or whatever?

I'm not thinking anything specific and spoilery, just a little more concrete expecation about this plan of Mini-xpac followed by free additions.

Surely the new plan is scheduled out a year at least? Giving us the broad strokes would feel a lot more reassuring. Right now it feels vague enough that I hear "but, no promises just in case it doesn't really work out" unsaid at the end.

We were promised plans for Q1 (afair?), not for the rest of the year. Not sure why you'd suddenly expect longer map.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

We were promised plans for Q1 (afair?), not for the rest of the year. Not sure why you'd suddenly expect longer map.

Well the tweet said:

"Hi all! We know you’re eager for the next studio update and want to let you know that we're working hard on it. We're going to share a look at our 2023 plans for #GuildWars2 in just a few weeks, and we have plenty for you to look forward to in the meantime: (1/2)"

And the post is called Studio Update: Guild Wars 2 in 2023.

It's not unreasonable to expect the post to have more details on their plans for 2023. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

It's not unreasonable to expect the post to have more details on their plans for 2023. 🤷‍♂️

True.

Though if they'd just posted, "Here's what to expect through May 2nd", I'd have shrugged, and thought it wasn't much, but pretty par for the course.

The fact that they also said, "And we've got an exciting shakeup for how we do things that we're going to be very vague about" is what made me start to feel like there was something between the lines.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Confused 4

There has been so many model shakeups and changes in the team that it feels unstable to me. They stay evasive and it doesn't give me much trust about their intentions. They look a little lost and don't know what and how to do it. As for promises of this post, I've read them too many times too. We want to improve dead game modes (pvp and wvw) because they're important and in our DNA, blablabla. They said it before and haven't done much, to the point they pretend elite specs are pvp content. There are some good and less good things in this annoucement imo, and I'll just wait and see. Hopefully they change for the best.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Will they keep adding in elite spec to classes in these minly story expansion or will there be an minly class expatiation?

They'll need to add something to make players who don't buy the new expansions feel underpowered. There are ways to do that other than making new elites and nerfing the old, but maybe none quite so straight-forward.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Well the tweet said:

"Hi all! We know you’re eager for the next studio update and want to let you know that we're working hard on it. We're going to share a look at our 2023 plans for #GuildWars2 in just a few weeks, and we have plenty for you to look forward to in the meantime: (1/2)"

And the post is called Studio Update: Guild Wars 2 in 2023.

And you think they didn't tell us what the plans for 2023 are? Because even though the furthest date listed there is may, we know what will come after because... they told us in the very same news article. Just, you know... read the whole thing. Trying to say that information isn't an information unless there's a date pinned to it is -at least- misguided.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Not sure I like the sound of even smaller expansions given how small EoD was. I get the reasoning, but this is a bit unfortunate to hear.

Agreed. Also, the whole description of the "new" format sounds an awful lot like how the Icebrood Saga was advertized and structured. Hence, it's like they are trying - for the second time - to sell Living World content as a "new, expansion-like" format, only that this time they downright call it "expansion".

Not sure I am convinced this is any better than the LW release schedules and content scale thereof we have seen in the past.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2