Anyone else impatient for a Q1 2023 Road Map?

55 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I'm not impatient for Q1 2023 road map. What i would like to see is for the complete removal of stealth mechanic. Since Guild Wars 2 beta, many of the community has warned that this mechanic would threaten the fun factor of the game and resulting in backfire against the health of the game including the community and it has. 10 years later, all Professions with stealth mechanic are being used to abuse the health of the game.

There is a say that says, "A spark can set a whole forest on fire. Just a spark. Save it"

Q1 2023 road map- Stealth Mechanic has been removed from all Professions in the game.

GW2 has the strongest stealth in any game ever made. It's insane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

On 2/4/2023 at 5:32 AM, Pifil.5193 said:

They said it'd be a few weeks so I'm not expecting it until the end of February.

Who knows though, it might even be March, they could have given us a date but chose to keep it vague.

You have an interesting definition of, "few".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Considering they used "few weeks" instead of transitioning into "months", I'd say this "few" can mean anything from 2 to almost 8 weeks. I'm not sure why you think there's something wrong with his definition of "few", it seems like "end of february or it might even be march" is a reasonable expectation based on what we've been told.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Considering they used "few weeks" instead of transitioning into "months", I'd say this "few" can mean anything from 2 to almost 8 weeks. I'm not sure why you think there's something wrong with his definition of "few", it seems like "end of february or it might even be march" is a reasonable expectation based on what we've been told.

I don't think I've ever seen people use "few" to mean 8.  I wouldn't use "few" to mean more than 2 or 3.

But maybe I'm the one with a weird definition. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

16 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I don't think I've ever seen people use "few" to mean 8.  I wouldn't use "few" to mean more than 2 or 3.

But maybe I'm the one with a weird definition. 🤷‍♀️

It's a bit more complex since few is a relative term.  Check out these examples.

"She has few friends."  In this instance, you can think 2 or 3 would be pretty normal.

"There have been few complaints about mounts in Guild Wars 2."  This is true, in the relative sense, but no one thinks there have only been 2-3 complaints about mounts.  Again, the word few doesn't represent an exact number.

In the case of saying a few weeks,  I'd say 3-4 weeks is probably my best guess. I'd say a couple of weeks for 2 weeks. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Not really, I'd say it's standard English. I would say "a couple of weeks" if I meant it would land in the next two weeks which means "a few" would mean three or more weeks. 

Three weeks from the announcement would take it to mid February. It's not a huge leap from there to four weeks which is late February. If it goes to five weeks well that's the very end of February or the start of March.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

If a measure of something extends to a larger unit of measure then it is generally not described using the smaller unit. So, a crowd of tens of thousands is generally not described using the term dozens. If a period of time encompasses years it is not normally described using hours. If said unit of time encompasses multiple months it is less common to use weeks. If the time frame in question encompasses range of less than multiple months (one for example) up to multiple months then describing it using either weeks or months is appropriate (4 to 8 weeks, or 1 to 2 months for example).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

If the time frame in question encompasses range of less than multiple months (one for example) up to multiple months then describing it using either weeks or months is appropriate (4 to 8 weeks, or 1 to 2 months for example).

Yup, that's what I think. At no point I've heard about "few" somehow meaning "not more than 3" as it was suggested by Gibson. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/7/2023 at 9:35 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

Just dropping in to apologize for derailing the thread for very little reason.

But at least it’s only been a few posts.

😄

Considering this thread seems to be based around getting the answers along the lines of "yes, I' can't wait!" or "w/e, when it comes, it comes", that short discussion about the meaning of "few" seemed to add some nuance to it 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/5/2023 at 2:50 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

GW2 has the strongest stealth in any game ever made. It's insane.

Sombra in Overwatch can, in current patch, be stealthed forever and is only broken by shooting the gun. You are temporarily revealed when you are too close to an enemy or while you hack.

Roadmap will be a 2/10 max so I am not eagerly waiting.

Edited by DirtyDan.4759
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-2023/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=rss

In short:

- open world content used to take up the majority of development resources in the past, this will now get more evenly split between multiple aspects of the game

- smaller more regular expansions are the goal now. Expansions will come with a select amount of content (two open world maps, 2 strikes, new masteries, new rewards) followed by additional content in quarterly updates after the expansion launch (another map, more story, challenge modes for strikes, new fractal with challenge mode)

- followed by another small expansion, etc.

- the next release for post EoD is scheduled for Feb 28th

- future living world content is now tied to the expansion previously and does not require logging in (at least for EoD now, it seems this will continue forward)

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

well now the pricing is the big relevant information not given.

Quarterly charged expansions? Is like I have now a subscription i pay in quarterly steps?

What is "slightly reduced price" then actually?

Before it was 50 dollars every 2-4 years in dependancy of expansion release now its 20-30 dollars every 3 month?

For a 10 years old game with 2 completely neglected competitive gamemodes?

For "balancing" that is to a huge part reversed again every 3 month after they did? 

this company makes 15 million dollars every quarter already...

im really sceptic on this.

want to know the pricing model to have any final opinion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Not sure I like the sound of even smaller expansions given how small EoD was. I get the reasoning, but this is a bit unfortunate to hear.

At least we seem to be getting a new fractal. I just hope they don’t make another long, bloated one and return to the original design style which were vastly superior

There needs to be some serious game improvements to EoD and other areas before charging more frequently for content imo

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, roederich.2716 said:

well now the pricing is the big relevant information not given.

Quarterly charged expansions? Is like I have now a subscription i pay in quarterly steps?

What is "slightly reduced price" then actually?

Before it was 50 dollars every 2-4 years in dependancy of expansion release now its 20-30 dollars every 3 month?

For a 10 years old game with 2 completely neglected competitive gamemodes?

For "balancing" that is to a huge part reversed again every 3 month after they did? 

this company makes 15 million dollars every quarter already...

im really sceptic on this.

want to know the pricing model to have any final opinion.

Yup, pricing is the question here, but I think you misunderstood: pretty sure they didn't say there will be "quarterly charged expansions", they said "there will be quarterly content updates", which as far as I understand includes those subsequent free content releases.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, pricing is the question here, but I think you misunderstood: pretty sure they didn't say there will be "quarterly charged expansions", they said "there will be quarterly content updates", which as far as I understand includes those free LW releases.

from the studio update:

"Our future expansions for Guild Wars 2 will be the backbone of this new approach. Rather than launching an expansion every two to four years with a season of Living World in between, we’ll be releasing smaller expansions more frequently at a slightly reduced price and adding additional content for those expansions through quarterly updates, meaning that the next big release is only ever a few months away"!

that turns expansions into little pieces what is in other games called "season pass" just anet used another wording.

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, roederich.2716 said:

from the studio update:

"Our future expansions for Guild Wars 2 will be the backbone of this new approach. Rather than launching an expansion every two to four years with a season of Living World in between, we’ll be releasing smaller expansions more frequently at a slightly reduced price and adding additional content for those expansions through quarterly updates, meaning that the next big release is only ever a few months away"

Sobx is correct. The implication is on free quarterly updates as part of paid, mini, more regular expacs.

That suggest buying content annually or at least less than every two years

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, roederich.2716 said:

from the studio update:

"Our future expansions for Guild Wars 2 will be the backbone of this new approach. Rather than launching an expansion every two to four years with a season of Living World in between, we’ll be releasing smaller expansions more frequently at a slightly reduced price and adding additional content for those expansions through quarterly updates, meaning that the next big release is only ever a few months away"

Yes, exactly what you quoted. Which says nothing about quarterly paid expansions (that's what you initially meant, right?), but instead about -as in the very thing you've quoted- "additional content for those expansions through quarterly updates".

• Like 1
  • Confused 2