Anyone else impatient for a Q1 2023 Road Map?

On 1/20/2023 at 11:33 AM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Another thing. People here always talk about how GW2 couldn't possibly get new classes to play, yet look at WoW, almost 20 years old and it's been getting a bunch of new classes.  Why can't we?

Highly doubt we would ever see another new core class in gw2. It's already balanced to 3 heavy 3 medium 3 light classes. It would require much more work building a core class than just an elite spec, like 3-4x the work for new weapon/skill/trait lines. Elite specs are treated as basically "new classes".

I don't exactly like the concept of elite specs being built directly off core spec, as that left it open for too many broken scenarios on specs getting access to things they shouldn't really have balance wise. I would have preferred everything balanced separately on their own, instead of constantly looking back to their core for every balance change (this has messed up certain classes, like core mesmer nerfed because of mirage, and certain engineer traits made the mechanist a bit op to begin with). Gw2 is just too far gone into elite specs to change from that, or add brand new core classes, which would also be behind on a number of elite specs at this point too.

Anyways dunno why people are excited for road map, it'll just be the usual, festivals are coming up, new living story, maybe a new legendary skin to collect, oh and throw in another world restructuring beta somewhere to make cornerstone wvw feel like they exist still. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:43 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I was expecting we would get one on Tuesday, January 3rd, but it looks like we will have to wait at least another week or longer.

I am especially impatient for a new story release (and possible Strike Mission).

Look at all these gem store update blog posts! It's an embarassment of riches.

People are so hard to please these days.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Impatient? No. Not yet, they promised us an update early this year... the year isn't even a month old so it's still early. I think they'll give us a Q1 2023 roadmap somewhere in February.

Curious? Yes! I'm looking forward to what the world of GW2 has in store for us, especially which turn they'll make when it comes to the story. I kind of hope that our dear beloved "commander" will retire and that there will be a new NPC hero that takes the lead, who, with the help of our characters, will fight against some new evil in the world of Tyria. But I don't think that they'll go that way. 😁

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

Impatient? No. Not yet, they promised us an update early this year... the year isn't even a month old so it's still early. I think they'll give us a Q1 2023 roadmap somewhere in February.

Curious? Yes! I'm looking forward to what the world of GW2 has in store for us, especially which turn they'll make when it comes to the story. I kind of hope that our dear beloved "commander" will retire and that there will be a new NPC hero that takes the lead, who, with the help of our characters, will fight against some new evil in the world of Tyria. But I don't think that they'll go that way. 😁

I admire People who think the Cup is half full aka the year isn't even a month old.

While i sit here and think about how the frick is there only one week left till february. What happend with december and january? They flew away Like a freaking Jet never Seen again, It's crazy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I admire People who think the Cup is half full aka the year isn't even a month old.

While i sit here and think about how the frick is there only one week left till february. What happend with december and january? They flew away Like a freaking Jet never Seen again, It's crazy.

Right. I dread mondays because it starts the work week and before I know it it’s already Wednesday. Which is good but also like.. why is my waistline growing and not my bank account. I don’t even eat that much. 

Wait, I’m HOW OLD? No really, someone please tell me because I can’t remember most days. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2023 at 1:26 PM, Fenom.9457 said:

If you’re in the loop you know what I mean, if not on the main website there’s an article from the end of December where anet promises to come back early this year and talk about Q1, which probably will necessitate a larger talk about the game as a whole since Q1 is likely to include end of dragons story content and they’re not calling it living world anymore so they have to explain what it is now.

anyway - this post isn’t meant to incite anger or complain that it’s late, im just curious what other people think.  

What the hell?? Why is my post now in the middle of someone else’s thread?! My poll is just deleted I guess so now my comment makes zero sense whatsoever.  And I didn’t even get any type of notification or chance to defend my post from being as good as deleted.  Tossed in the middle of another thread renders it useless. Why do I still try to engage here…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

What the hell?? Why is my post now in the middle of someone else’s thread?! My poll is just deleted I guess so now my comment makes zero sense whatsoever.  And I didn’t even get any type of notification or chance to defend my post from being as good as deleted.  Tossed in the middle of another thread renders it useless.

I think it fits in here fine as your poll was basically asking the same thing as my question.

Your comment still makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

17 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

And yet again no road map. Might get published next week - until they do a late news. (Afaik sometimes - though not too often - they do  updates on the website outside of the regular tuesday thing.) At this week end would also be an option maybe.

Their last Studio Update was on Wednesday 14th of December, so they could drop the roadmap today (please do so! xD I'm one of the impatient ones as you can grasp). However the previous roadmap was on a Monday, then the summer one was on Wednesday and the spring one was on a Tuesday, so essentially they'll drop it whenever it's ready and it suits them best. I guess I'm now expecting it next week since, as many people have said, the Lunar New Year festival was the latest update we know of.

12 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

I'm also hyped to see where they take their story next (and their specs balance hehe). I loved the dragons and they could have gone on for 10 more years with that story if they wanted to, but I trust they'll give us something fresh and cool. Hopefully with some GW1 nostalgia, but Tyria is a vast world and it's the Dev's canvas to create it as they choose to. And I trust these people will do an amazing job.

With that said... Did I hear story speculation time??? My money is on a story focused on Marjory's Friends Detective Club and Kasmeer's role as the Krytan ambassador to Cantha. The first one will allow us to go to different Canthan maps, while the second one will allow the devs to reuse old maps to show how both continent's relationship is resumed. Both plots will end up intertwined by the end. In any case I see the season ending with Kasmeer and Marjory's wedding in LA. They get married and the festivities go smooth until something goes awry (for instance a random 3-headed water hydra attacks LA or something of the sort) leading us into the 4th expansion. Either that or Anet drops the bomb that the season is starting with said wedding on February 14th <3.

Edited by Uete.3805

Some context on MMO industry standards for 2023 roadmap releases. Of the ten major MMOs I sampled, seven have now released roadmaps - mostly in December of last year! GW2's own last update was October 3rd, and covered only up to December 13th. Before that we had July 13th. And a major update on March 22nd

So it's not unreasonable - based both on industry norms and Arenanet's own cadences - for GW2 players to be tapping the table right now. 

FFXIV - 2023 schedule released in February 2022 https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/ffxiv-roadmap-6-1 

New World - December 5th 2022 - https://gametyrant.com/news/look-forward-to-2023-with-new-worlds-roadmap  

Elder Scrolls Online - December 12th 2022 https://massivelyop.com/2022/12/12/elder-scrolls-online-nixes-year-long-story-arcs-for-2023-roadmap-heres-what-to-expect/  

Runescape - December 15th 2022 https://www.pocketgamer.com/runescape-mobile/2023-roadmap-necromancy-fort-forinthry/  

WoW - December 22nd 2022 - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/blizzard-has-released-world-of-warcraft-dragonflights-2023-roadmap/ 

Eve Online - January 6th 2023 https://hardcoregamer.com/news/eve-online-2023-roadmap-revealed/435617/  

SWTOR - none

Black Desert - none

Guild Wars 2 - none
Edited by Fleabite.7528
cl;arity
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

You guys know that like 80% of the roadmap we already know, dont you?

- Alliances

- Last legendary variant of aurene (soo-won)

- Festivals

- Direct x11 and chromium changes.

- LWS6 and a new trailer, thats like literally the only NEW thing we dont know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I've been wondering if we need a roadmap at this time.
We know about most of the upcoming changes already. Festivals don't really count as a major releases.

We know that there is some more Cantha story coming our way at some point. If it's not ready or polished enough, maybe it's good that we don't know any hard deadline on release yet. I am curious where we are going with the story at the moment, but I think it's a smart move to not rush into things immediately in January.

One thing that got me thinking, what if that sneak peek at the art wasn't for Q1?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

You guys know that like 80% of the roadmap we already know, dont you?

- Alliances

- Last legendary variant of aurene (soo-won)

- Festivals

- Direct x11 and chromium changes.

- LWS6 and a new trailer, thats like literally the only NEW thing we dont know.

Anything beyond that would be a surprise indeed.
WvW Alliances will go into their next iteration, while doubts in the community are rising that those won't fix fundamental problems. New maps or changes to some mechanics (e.g. bring back any type of supply game and player agency with upgrades) are not even hinted at. Reward changes have been announced to be worked on after Alliances and world restructuring (while there are copious amounts of ideas, from simple to implement, to development heavy floating on the forum for years - that have not been commented on by Devs).
Dx11 kind of runs stable on my potato-PC so far and perhaps the chromium changes might fix the "blurry TP window".
LWS6 might be a way to get me back into EoD maps. I really hope for some "small stories", I am done with all those "world ending stuff". And please, less Strikes. Those are not fun for me personally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

Some context on MMO industry standards for 2023 roadmap releases. Of the ten major MMOs I sampled, seven have now released roadmaps - mostly in December of last year! 

Black Desert - none

BDO's road map for players are presented at each "Calpheon Ball" (last one dec. 22). On top of that plenty of weekly info in the form of "updates "(pathnotes/update notes), "notices" (fixed/known issues, restricted accounts etc) plus all the other official info.

• Like 1