Spellbreak is great at.... running away

kmark.8519

I read through all these useless whinings about "SP being OP", and how it can "1v2" or even "1v3", while in reality all I see in the games and the videos that spellbreaker is great at one thing: running away from the enemy.

It has unmatched skills to flee, using various weapons (dagger2, GS3 and GS5, etc..) and skills (Bull Rush, since you can't land it anyway vs good players, it's only use I ever see is sprinting away, etc.. meanwhile fire up Full Counter to live). Every 1v2 you see, the spellbreaker uses every possible tools in their arsenal to flee and get the heck out of the spot.

This is a great tactic in ranked games because you can rotate faster than proper classes who were made for fighting other players. But as I see, people have problem even with that: warrior shouldn't be able to even flee, the class should be just a free food for every class... NO! We have the rights to run away 99% of the time and no, you can't catch us! Live with it!

Edited by kmark.8519
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Thief is a dozen times better at running away, yet we don't see them stacked in tournaments. Meanwhile we do see spellbreakers getting stacked.

Great kiting ability is one strength of spellbreaker, but far from the only one. I am tired of warrior mains trying to justify spellbreaker and lying about it "actually being so bad".

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Umm no. The build people are complaining about runs hammer not greatsword to start. It’s 50 50 on if bulls is run. Defense banner is often chosen over it. In that case your out of combat mobility is dagger 2 or blow rampage. In combat you gain dagger and hammer f1, but it is by no means no one can catch me mobility. Also, I main war and defense spell breaker is undeniably strong right now. Does it need nerfs? Probably could use a shave, but so could tempest, catalyst, vindicator, and untamed. I would start by fixing the bugged reduced cooldown on full counter. I will say that if you are struggling against defense spellbreaker that the stalwart strength variant is weak to condi and the cleansing ire variant is weaker to cc. Both struggle with classes that can range them. Keep your distance especially when they are on hammer. Also don’t stunbreak until the fierce blow animation is coming. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Thief is a dozen times better at running away, yet we don't see them stacked in tournaments. Meanwhile we do see spellbreakers getting stacked.

Great kiting ability is one strength of spellbreaker, but far from the only one. I am tired of warrior mains trying to justify spellbreaker and lying about it "actually being so bad".

Defense spellbreaker is one of the best builds out there. Absolutely anything else on warrior? Not so much.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's also great at angry bonk noises. 

Sometimes your victim says "Mom says it's my turn to play the game" and they hold up their holy stack of stability. 

Only for chad SpB to slap it out of their hands and bonk them back into the dirt where they belong. 

I like hammers don't judge me. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

*cough* Condibreaker *cough*

There are several secret sauce Condi bunker that are as strong or stronger, its just that no one has decided to cheese with them yet on AT or some kitten and the sheeple haven't been told what to play. 

The previous Meta relied too much on goon squad roamers and at some point a bunker spawns cause even though it is not good win condition(being punching bag and all) if 1 point stays capped you will end up winning more. So any build that can handle frontload damage from 24/7 ganks throws a wrench in the status quo. It also seems that people prefer the bruiser warrior builds over the bunker one in queues, I've seen more Bladesworns than condibreakers so it seems that is mostly only useful in AT when people are on voice.

It is also strange that people are still running all the spam till overwhelmed builds even though both current meta picks ele and war force you to time your kitten. For me at least it looks like the perfect time for thief to be played but I don't seem to see any.     

• Confused 1

If you don't know how to protect yourself from Hammer, you deserve to be punished by the warrior.

SpB simply capitalizes on that with boonrip/immob/slow/cripple from the spec and an invuln window. 

Naturally it can be oppressive as it is meant to be. I don't advocate for tanky bruisers as this game is a walking L with that concept and it only leads to nerfs or unkillable kitten.

So either remove the daze from FC and give FC a baseline boonrip for landing (makes this less cheesy and literally weakens SpB by 300%) or properly rework the banners you so stupidly "reworked" twice in a year from useless boon sticks to overpowered boon-ball material utilities, yes, looking at you Banner of Defense and especially Tactics.

Have we not seen this b4? SpB abusing traits from core or interactions? For starters don't nerf Defense.

Then should SpB gets nerfed do this: improve it's boonrip again, you once more nerfed the wrong thing.

Then proceed to run a SECOND REWORK on Berserker because it's not done and proceed TO FINALLY BUFF ALL T2 AND T3 BURSTS ON CORE.

• Confused 1

On 1/7/2023 at 2:15 AM, Vancho.8750 said:

There are several secret sauce Condi bunker that are as strong or stronger, its just that no one has decided to cheese with them yet on AT or some kitten and the sheeple haven't been told what to play. 

The previous Meta relied too much on goon squad roamers and at some point a bunker spawns cause even though it is not good win condition(being punching bag and all) if 1 point stays capped you will end up winning more. So any build that can handle frontload damage from 24/7 ganks throws a wrench in the status quo. It also seems that people prefer the bruiser warrior builds over the bunker one in queues, I've seen more Bladesworns than condibreakers so it seems that is mostly only useful in AT when people are on voice.

It is also strange that people are still running all the spam till overwhelmed builds even though both current meta picks ele and war force you to time your kitten. For me at least it looks like the perfect time for thief to be played but I don't seem to see any.     

Bunker Chron and Bunker mecha got nerf too, what that different?

You don't need to hit ppl to be a "OP" build and condi spellbreaker OP for sure.

• Confused 1

On 1/7/2023 at 2:27 AM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

If you don't know how to protect yourself from Hammer, you deserve to be punished by the warrior.

SpB simply capitalizes on that with boonrip/immob/slow/cripple from the spec and an invuln window. 

Naturally it can be oppressive as it is meant to be. I don't advocate for tanky bruisers as this game is a walking L with that concept and it only leads to nerfs or unkillable kitten.

So either remove the daze from FC and give FC a baseline boonrip for landing (makes this less cheesy and literally weakens SpB by 300%) or properly rework the banners you so stupidly "reworked" twice in a year from useless boon sticks to overpowered boon-ball material utilities, yes, looking at you Banner of Defense and especially Tactics.

Have we not seen this b4? SpB abusing traits from core or interactions? For starters don't nerf Defense.

Then should SpB gets nerfed do this: improve it's boonrip again, you once more nerfed the wrong thing.

Then proceed to run a SECOND REWORK on Berserker because it's not done and proceed TO FINALLY BUFF ALL T2 AND T3 BURSTS ON CORE.

Mini necro got nerf which are ez to kite/block for me, but it work on low level.

If a build work on 99% of build  , it's OP, A-net should nerf it , warrior OP

• Haha 1