Change the Quality of Life thread to a category

The Quality of Life thread has become unwieldy and unfriendly.

There are a ton of great ideas that do not get any discussion because they are buried in the hundreds of pages.  This, at least for me, has led me to stop actively discussing anything and I hardly ever post anymore since it seems like things get buried so quickly.

Not to mention all of the threads that get dumped into the QoL thread, and end up losing context, that just cause confusion.  They are great topics but you have no idea what most specific comments refer to since it was an direct topic comment and the poster had no need to quote what they are replying to and make following discussions within the one mega thread so difficult.

I suggest that you create Quality of Life as a separate higher level category that would allow users to post topics and keep their threads intact and separate, as well as creating discussion around various topics that continually show up in QoL like interface suggestions, home/guild hall, elites/professions, pets, additional functions in game (like library, zoo, activities, etc...).

I just think encouraging the community to keep suggesting ways that the game could improve or adjust would only help the game in the future.

I hope that this gets some comments and hopefully someone from ANet will actually reply or think about it before just moving it to the Quality of Life thread.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I agree, there are great suggestions and some are even necessary for the future of the game. Which indeed dont get healthy discussions anymore.

The weird thing for me is that every suggestion is now dumped as a QoL request, when it shouldnt 

Some are new full on feature requests, some are new QoL requests and some are improvements to already existing features. 

I stopped reading and discussing in suggestions because i feel its not worth it anymore. It should also be better for overview purposes to have suggestions grouped. So the same suggestions isnt requested a billion times. 

But yeah like inculpatus said. Its one of the few threads that gets read by the devs. (Although still no improvements to the achievement panel.. cmon devs..)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BlueIce.6951 said:

I suggest that you create Quality of Life as a separate higher level category that would allow users to post topics and keep their threads intact and separate, as well as creating discussion around various topics that continually show up in QoL like interface suggestions, home/guild hall, elites/professions, pets, additional functions in game (like library, zoo, activities, etc...).

Totally agree. QoL should be in a subforum of it's own. Especially when there's 279 pages and 200k+ views. Like many, I used to post there. But with the number of posts on various different suggestions all mixed together,  it just doesn't make any sense to even discuss them. Any suggestion threads with any useful discussions moved to QoL is as good as forgotten. I don't even bother to respond if someone quoted me.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

I've made this suggestion before as well. Some suggestions merit discussion and that muddies the QOL suggestion thread. It needs to be it's own section at this rate. 
It would be good if there was an  upvote system for a suggestion thread so the more desired suggestions stay on top in the very least.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Mh, a week ago or so i answerd in a Thread who then git moved into the QOL-thread and thought, yeah .. poor dev who has to read trough all of this.

I personally think, No one should be able to answer in the QOL thread and that mods should only move Threads openings in it. Because ... Unpopular Opinion but i think we don't need to Talk about everything. There are so many Threads about the Same stuff which end in circle-discussions and therefore get closed by mostly the Same peeps. But when somethings is brought Up often it Shows that it demand is quite high, at least from Forum-Population sight. If it is really needed then knows only anet with it's Numbers.

So No, i personally don't think we need another discussion rabbit-hole. But a more structured QOL-section.

• Like 2

Because of how massive and confusing the QoL thread is, I don't bother to go there any more to even look at it to see any suggestions.  I don't want to burn my eyes out and get a migraine trying to find any of the things that players have attempted to discuss there.  It's just too confusing to look at because of how disorganized it has become.

If it became it's own sub-forum/topic where people could post threads and I could pick and choose which of the topics I would like to discuss, like I do under GD or PHP?  I would be so much happier to add my voice to a QoL discussion, as well.  But until that happens, I'll remain silent on that topic.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, PhantomKitty.6520 said:

Because of how massive and confusing the QoL thread is, I don't bother to go there any more to even look at it to see any suggestions. 

They are graveyards. Nothing kills a topic as fast as tossing it into the variety bin of random other ideas and comments chronologically randomly strewn about.

Major reason why I dislike them, and the bots that keep repeating that they exist and ideas should go there to kindly die.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

One thing is there is kind of an inconsistency of what gets moved there to the mega thread.  Of course there are people that post a suggestion there originally.  But then some suggestion get moved there and some do not.  My feeling is that some get reported and moved there if a person here does not like the suggestion or maybe even the person who makes the suggestion.   I have the opinion that they  do this as a way to kind of take advantage of forum moderation because they know a thread moved there basically destroys any further discussion of the suggestion they don't like.  But if these people like the suggestion or are neutral about it they don't report it to be moved.   That is just a theory I have based on observations here and the behavior of certain members who in my opinion seem to be heavily invested in where and what they think should be posted here.  

Anyway I think it mostly discourages many people from even wanting to share their suggestions when it ends up in a thread that really ends any discussion of the topic suggested.  Maybe that is the idea though?  Maybe Anet really reads that thread for suggestions as people say but I have my doubts because the thread is such a disorganized mess.   🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nine Inch Snails.7963
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

this is a good idea.

the category should be programmed so after posting the thread gets automatically closed.

as if QoL ideas get posted in each an own thread you have the usual rambos who want to make discussion on everything and QoL suggestions are not for making any random discussion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1