Power chrono mesmer improvement recommendations

Deadmoose.6594

Power chrono mesmer can be a pretty effective class to play, map dependent, teammate dependent. That's a lot of dependents in order to win and have fun in a game.

FACT #1: CLONE REQUIREMENT. Mesmer REQUIRES clones in order to do damage via shatters, which is the bread and butter of this build. You have to ramp up clones, this takes time, whereas almost every single class in the game has zero ramp up in order to be effective.

FACT #2: BEING FOCUSED. If you are focused by nearly every class, you're going to go down pretty quickly. Sure you have Jaunt and Signet of Ether to heal, you can even switch to your shield and block a couple of attacks while you try to run away. Otherwise, you're going to go down in probably 2-3 seconds depending on what class is targeting you. You also can use your clones to hide out in, but oh wait, you need those clones to also do damage.

FACT #3: CLONE EFFECTIVENESS. In a lot of maps, your 3 clone shatters won't kill a person and they can just run around a corner and survive. Your clones can also be blocked, dodged, evaded with invis, etc.

My suggestion is that clones shouldn't need to run to the target in order to do damage. They should just appear there and shatter instantly. Someone can still block, dodge, evade, or go invis, but it'll be much harder to do so. I think the clone ramp up should also be much faster, Signet of Illusions for example, 10 seconds is a long kitten time in pvp right now. Battles are decided in 2-3 seconds.

Bonus suggestion, necro pets, ranger pets, etc, should attack clones and not necessarily know to focus the actual mesmer.

• Confused 4

Power chrono mesmer can be a pretty effective class to play, map dependent, teammate dependent. That's a lot of dependents in order to win and have fun in a game.

Welcome to the Mesmer rabbit hole.

If you're the good player in the match, abuse that fact and manipulate the other team into targeting you so your peepos can get value on other nodes. I do that just fine on Core/Mirage/Chrono/Virt and juggle between P1-P2 solo q.

Also, don't buff Power Chrono. It's fine. Its issues are related to Core if anything.

Edited by Vinny.7260
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Welcome to the Mesmer rabbit hole.

If you're the good player in the match, abuse that fact and manipulate the other team into targeting you so your peepos can get value on other nodes. I do that just fine on Core/Mirage/Chrono/Virt and juggle between P1-P2 solo q.

Also, don't buff Power Chrono. It's fine. Its issues are related to Core if anything.

This actually helps out a lot, going to try this tactic out more. I've sort of done this before with running away if focused and it sometimes makes the enemy disengage, but it doesn't work on every map.

Also agree with core, it does seem to be more of a core problem. Others on the pvp forums have said damage is too high all around. If that's the case, I think faster clone generation would be a solid middle ground fix. It wouldn't really change the dynamics of the class much but would up the utility and give a slight damage boost in that you can shatter more frequently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I love how someone can describe playing mesmer like they are in a different game. What the hell is "ramp up time"? Power chrono has the best frontloaded burst currently.

I like the confidence though. You don't really know how the game works, you haven't even mastered your "main" yet, but here you are suggesting changes to the game. I wish I had the courage to do things like this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 1/10/2023 at 10:16 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

I love how someone can describe playing mesmer like they are in a different game. What the hell is "ramp up time"? Power chrono has the best frontloaded burst currently.

I like the confidence though. You don't really know how the game works, you haven't even mastered your "main" yet, but here you are suggesting changes to the game. I wish I had the courage to do things like this.

What the hell is "frontloaded burst"? By ramp up time I mean I have to set up clones in order to do damage, that takes time. Thus, ramp...up...time.

I'm top damage on my team most matches, and I usually lose because I'm paired with people who don't know how to play the map, their class, or pvp, or a combination of all of those. Sure I'm not a master of my class, but I'm pretty good. I never claimed to be a master, but how would you even know anyway without me saying so.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

What the hell is "frontloaded burst"? By ramp up time I mean I have to set up clones in order to do damage, that takes time. Thus, ramp...up...time.

I'm top damage on my team most matches, and I usually lose because I'm paired with people who don't know how to play the map, their class, or pvp, or a combination of all of those. Sure I'm not a master of my class, but I'm pretty good. I never claimed to be a master, but how would you even know anyway without me saying so.

Frontloaded means there is no ramp up time. You stealth up, blink or just run into melee range, Mirror_Blade + Mirror_Images + Split_Second(your F1)... and you chunk the enemy in 0.1 seconds.

Again there is no ramp up time. This is instant. If you think power chronomancer has ramp up time, you are playing it wrong.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Frontloaded means there is no ramp up time. You stealth up, blink or just run into melee range, Mirror_Blade + Mirror_Images + Split_Second(your F1)... and you chunk the enemy in 0.1 seconds.

Again there is no ramp up time. This is instant. If you think power chronomancer has ramp up time, you are playing it wrong.

That literally is ramp up time, all of that takes time. What happens if you miss the mirror blade? What happens if they dodge/shield the shatter? There's A LOT of classes that click only one or two attacks and you're dead instantly.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

That literally is ramp up time, all of that takes time. What happens if you miss the mirror blade? What happens if they dodge/shield the shatter? There's A LOT of classes that click only one or two attacks and you're dead instantly.

I even mentioned it takes 0.1 seconds to execute the combo. And your answer is that it takes a lot of time... now I feel dumb for trying to explain. Have fun learning the game, it's the best part!

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 1/11/2023 at 4:16 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

the less you know, the more you think you know.
the more you know, the more you know that you dont know.
It is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

now I feel dumb for trying to explain

May be you are feeling the right way for the wrong reasons?

F1 damage is way lower than on core (which actually CAN instashot, not always a clean one because of rng crits, you from stealth with MoP and PU, otherwise a single instance of stealth is easy to anticipate). Chrono with reduced damage on shatter and delayed extra f1 doesnt kill stuff in 0.1s (uness its some AFK zerk ele/thief/guardian).

Mirror images into shatter wont shatter instantly, it has some delay before they actually shatter, I dont remember exactly but it was around 0.5-0.75s. @agrippastrilemma.8741 had video about it but may be its because its avail only from a direct link.

Just correcting stuff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

It's one of the few builds that can 100-0 in this game, it's gimmick as it should be

Power mesmer cant be anything else. You have no damage on weapon skills but F1 and ranged weapon that is only good for close range burst, nice design /s

Edited by semak.7481
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

59 minutes ago, semak.7481 said:

May be you are feeling the right way for the wrong reasons?

F1 damage is way lower than on core/mirage (which actually CAN instashot, not always a clean one because of rng crits, you from stealth with MoP and PU, otherwise a single instance of stealth is easy to anticipate). Chrono with reduced damage on shatter and delayed extra f1 doesnt kill stuff in 0.1s (uness its some AFK zerk ele/thief/guardian).

Mirror images into shatter wont shatter instantly, it has some delay before they actually shatter, I dont remember exactly but it was around 0.5-0.75s. @agrippastrilemma.8741 had video about it but may be its because its avail only from a direct link.

Just correcting stuff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Power mesmer cant be anything else. You have no damage on weapon skills but F1 and ranged weapon that is only good for close range burst, nice design /s

EDIT: note that I was only looking at the right window (held a hand on my screen over the left one). I was able to dodge Mirror Images consistently.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

I even mentioned it takes 0.1 seconds to execute the combo. And your answer is that it takes a lot of time... now I feel dumb for trying to explain. Have fun learning the game, it's the best part!

A lot of good replies above my post here.

Mirror blade alone takes much longer than 0.1 sec to fly to its target. As someone else mentioned it can miss. The clones take time to run to their target on the shatter as well, so I really don’t know where you’re getting 0.1 sec but it seems like an arbitrary number that you pulled to make it seem like there’s nothing wrong with the class.

On a completely different note…the class plays well in pve. I’m not much of a pve player but I did some metas last night and clones pop up at a decent clip with illusions. I really think the issue is that since the pace of spvp is so much faster, illusions really lags behind in usage and doesn’t really seem nearly as effective as it is in pve. I mean I think it’s still good and not sure what of anything I would replace it with…but that’s just my observation.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:51 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

A lot of good replies above my post here.

Mirror blade alone takes much longer than 0.1 sec to fly to its target. As someone else mentioned it can miss. The clones take time to run to their target on the shatter as well, so I really don’t know where you’re getting 0.1 sec but it seems like an arbitrary number that you pulled to make it seem like there’s nothing wrong with the class.

If only there was a way to make sure mirror blade doesnt have to travel a long distance, and the clones don't have to run up to the target.... WHAT COULD IT BE!? I feel like I'm getting trolled. I hope that's the case, because if not... 

I can land the combo within 0.1 seconds. That means anyone can. Have fun figuring it out... your mesmer gameplay will surely get better, just expect some ramp up time!

• Confused 6

On 1/14/2023 at 7:27 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

If only there was a way to make sure mirror blade doesnt have to travel a long distance, and the clones don't have to run up to the target.... WHAT COULD IT BE!? I feel like I'm getting trolled. I hope that's the case, because if not... 

I can land the combo within 0.1 seconds. That means anyone can. Have fun figuring it out... your mesmer gameplay will surely get better, just expect some ramp up time!

5 confused reactions, gg.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 1/15/2023 at 1:27 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

If only there was a way to make sure mirror blade doesnt have to travel a long distance, and the clones don't have to run up to the target.... WHAT COULD IT BE!?

Go melee, your target walks past you, mirror blade goes on full CD without casting because you're not facing the target anymore.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2