Sceptre is fine - you just need to learn how to dodge.

Sahne.6950

New patch is there Ladys and Gentleman.

Arenanet decided that there is no need for any kind of balancing.

Everything is fair and square. /s

no hotfix is needed. /s

Now is the time ele mains! our golden days!

Is that you, Cellofrags?   *Guitars playing in the distance*

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 8

I think scepter is fine. I honestly think it's a catalyst problem and having skills reset abilities. That is what is broken about ele, not scepter as a weapon. Core ele with scepter is fine imo. Waver is fine honestly. But when you get that catalyst with skill reset then two catalyst with skill reset it may become to many teeth. Let me know if you think I'm wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

33 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I think scepter is fine. I honestly think it's a catalyst problem and having skills reset abilities. That is what is broken about ele, not scepter as a weapon. Core ele with scepter is fine imo. Waver is fine honestly. But when you get that catalyst with skill reset then two catalyst with skill reset it may become to many teeth. Let me know if you think I'm wrong. 

Biased me: yeah i think its a Catalyst problem.

unbiased me: have you seen the video? i am playing Tempest

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Biased me: yeah i think its a Catalyst problem.

unbiased me: have you seen the video? i am playing Tempest

Yeah and I don't see an excessive use of dragon tooth. You use it as much as a necro would use there axe two.  That wvw play is nice.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Yeah and I don't see an excessive use of dragon tooth. You use it as much as a necro would use there axe two.  That wvw play is nice.

i mean.. your right... but did you pay close attention to whats actually happening, besides people melting?  I am making HUUGE mistakes.. for example i was facetanking very important skills, like the sword3, from a toptier EU player, altho i have 2 dodges left... and i am still somehow getting away with it...

Look at the first fight please... I do a single panic dodge in the begining, i evade nothing with this dodge and from there on i facetank him the whole fight! Mijo is landing EVERYTHING... i dont evade a single fart.... and i am still winning with over 50% hp left.

Either i have sudenly become cellofrags, on Nov.29.2022, or.....      the balancing might be off.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

• Sahne.6950 changed the title to Sceptre is fine - you just need to learn how to dodge.
36 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i mean.. your right... but did you pay close attention to whats actually happening, besides people melting?  I am making HUUGE mistakes.. for example i was facetanking very important skills, like the sword3, from a toptier EU player, altho i have 2 dodges left... and i am still somehow getting away with it...

Look at the first fight please... I do a single panic dodge in the begining, i evade nothing with this dodge and from there on i facetank him the whole fight! Mijo is landing EVERYTHING... i dont evade a single fart.... and i am still winning with over 50% hp left.

Either i have sudenly become cellofrags, on Nov.29.2022, or.....      the balancing might be off.

I love this analysis, and I'm terrified other people can look at that analysis and not see issues with interactions where one person is solely responsible for reactive play. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I love this analysis, and I'm terrified other people can look at that analysis and not see issues with interactions where one person is solely responsible for reactive play. 

You must be blind, biased, or inexperienced, to not see that there is something wrong with the gamplay i showed...

its not that those are a "best off".... all that was recorded on the same afternoon. Logged in, recorded the clips, logged off, edited, and uploaded, without a single death yesterday.

(i love your signature btw)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I don’t think blinding flash needs ammo on such a low cooldown or to inflict weakness. I would also lower the conditional damage boost on trident or remove the ammo. I don’t know why hurl grants resistance and barrier on top of doing a lot of damage. It’s not just dragon’s tooth. I don’t want scepter destroyed, but it is an op weapon right now. I would return blinding flash to a single charge of blind, lower tridents conditional damage to 25 instead of 50, and lower the resistance duration on hurl. Then I would reduce the power coefficient and burn duration on dragon’s tooth and see where we stand. The cata elite needs a nerf too. Double chaining obsidian flesh with an arcane shield in between is too much. 

• Like 3

This is fine but Scrapper can't have quickness. SMH

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

This is what fighting necro felt like in 2020. Good times...

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Ok you make mistakes and tank his damage. And that's a dragon tooth problem? Maybe it's a protection and regen problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Ok you make mistakes and tank his damage. And that's a dragon tooth problem? Maybe it's a protection and regen problem.

Tempest does get 40% damage reduction from protection. If that's the problem, then this might be a good place to start. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Tempest does get 40% damage reduction from protection. If that's the problem, then this might be a good place to start. 

The reason i am this tanky is toughness and weakness... not the 7 extra % from tempest 😄

rockbarrier 250, forge 175, signet 180 -17% Earth traitlines and weakness on a ammoskill ontop. Thats where the bulk is coming from.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Didnt say anything about a dtooth Problem. 

I dont have regen. 

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Didnt say anything about a dtooth Problem. 

I dont have regen. 

Sorry I ment scepter as a whole that it's fine. And as far as regen, you regen every time you cast a spell. And well if ya watch your health and those green numbers they happen fast.  I guess you can't call it regen since it's healing per cast but like it danm well effective in your video anyway.

• Confused 2

I mean...this is absurd really xd....GW1 ele was scepter/staff only...d/d were introduced in gw2 to great dismay of gw1 playerbase....elementalist is supposed to be a freaking ranged mage. Nerf it all you want...but scepter was supposed to be main ele weapon since kittening launch. During GW2 2012 all GW1 players were on scepter/dagger then scepter/focus......If I wanted to play melee I'd would have started with a warrior or a guardian

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I mean...this is absurd really xd....GW1 ele was scepter/staff only...d/d were introduced in gw2 to great dismay of gw1 playerbase....elementalist is supposed to be a freaking ranged mage. Nerf it all you want...but scepter was supposed to be main ele weapon since kittening launch. During GW2 2012 all GW1 players were on scepter/dagger then scepter/focus......If I wanted to play melee I'd would have started with a warrior or a guardian

What's absurd is that you think any of the core weapons is supposed to be "the main weapon".

Just because you want to play scepter for roleplaying reasons, just like how many ranger players want to play longbow for roleplaying reasons, doesn't mean the game needs to be balanced around these being top performers as their "main weapon".

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I do think from watching that its mostly a cherry-picked duel and then obvious skill issue from the WvW part.  

None of your opponents had any idea how to intelligently use CC, and most of them seemed like players running meta builds straight off metabattle with zero idea what they were doing.  

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

What's absurd is that you think any of the core weapons is supposed to be "the main weapon".

Just because you want to play scepter for roleplaying reasons, just like how many ranger players want to play longbow for roleplaying reasons, doesn't mean the game needs to be balanced around these being top performers as their "main weapon".

Tbf, ele has been shoehorned into dagger for eons now. As far as core weapons go, scepter and staff weren't great, and if you had an itch to play a ranged mage in PvP, you were SoL. 

The Scepter buffs... while they pushed too far, they have filled a niche that this game has been lacking for a long time. All the ele mains begging for longbow so they can finally play a ranged mage finally got their wish... albeit not in the way they expected. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

None of your opponents had any idea how to intelligently use CC, and most of them seemed like players running meta builds straight off metabattle with zero idea what they were doing

Its funny that you say that... that shows that you will always have someone claiming: "you were fighting clueless people"

The guy i was fighting is literally Mijo.... you dont know him ? 😄

he is "one of the top players" from EU and a Youtuber. Last season he had the sungizmo.

this sadly is the cream of the crop from eu... some top player on a meta build.

"zero idea what hes doing"....  sometimes i think that aswell... but this is supposed to be a toptier player.... so theres that.🤣

Look m8.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Sorry I ment scepter as a whole that it's fine. And as far as regen, you regen every time you cast a spell. And well if ya watch your health and those green numbers they happen fast.  I guess you can't call it regen since it's healing per cast but like it danm well effective in your video anyway.

AHH okey... you mean my sustain. Yeah Ebastion+Restosignet really put in work^^

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Sometimes the signet animation doesn't go off until after the skill has already hit, for instance at 00:09 and 02:18. Very toxic.

Heck your right... never noticed...

but then again ele is a buggy mess. Every sceptre skill goes on full CD when interrupted, instead of the intended 3 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2