balance patches are to seldom

Sansar.1302

1 minute ago, Sansar.1302 said:

I only play spvp and wvw so for me balance updates are only thing that keeps game fresh and fun.

Well from that perspective i then agree if you are only pvp wvw person. Still even there besides balance updates could be more other stuff. Even alliances are going to be out god knows when.

8 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Well from that perspective i then agree if you are only pvp wvw person. Still even there besides balance updates could be more other stuff. Even alliances are going to be out god knows when.

New wvw map to replace desert map would be awesome, but I don't think that would ever happen. 

Edited by Sansar.1302
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

New wvw map to replace desert map would be awesome, but I don't think that would ever happen. 

They could just make the mist border work as the other maps do, same rewards, also counting for the skirmish and use of warclaw, its not much, but we wouldn't have a dead map.

As for balance, they have allwais been slow, i mean its allwais each 3 months or more that we got something, and if the patches are good or bad, id say theyre good overall, at least the last patches have made much more classes and elites become viable, when before we could just play 2- 3 things and thats all, theres still things much better than others, but even if a bit worse you can do your role, just as an example, on wvw fb and scrapper wer gods, now you still use fb for stabs, but a mesmer can do that too almost the same, as for cleanses engy is no more the top but the bottom, it can do it still, but we have ele, druid, vindi, so overall you see more classes, id say the next patches are for dps classes, and to be fair, vindi needs a bit of work id say, untamed needs  changes to be the desired zerg bruiser and ranger pets need a good rework, theres tons of weapons and builds that need tweaks too, some in pve, some on wvw, id say its a big amount of work, plus aliances as someone mentioned, so im being patient.

Now if a patch comes and its just 4 numeric changes im gonna... lets say pretty disappointed.

I'm guessing we will get a rough date on the roadmap after Lunar event. Hopefully it will be one of the large ones. (Also let the staff rest, instead of rushing content with no energy.)

I'm fine with waiting longer per patch, as long as the changes are not just numbers on 2 to 5 skills/traits on some classes.

3-5 larger patches a year; between 2-4 months depending on fixes, reworks and tweaks.

If it were 3 larger patches at 4 month intervals. The devs could use them for larger reworks or new additions; a perfect way to bring about terrestrial spears etc.

With lesser patches involving bug fixes and scaling of skills.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

I would rather see more new content.. balance patches isnt that. Still no new map, no new story, no new raid or fractal.

Balance patches are a completely different team than story/environment.
In addition, given the low amount of development WVW and PVP has seen over the years it is the only thing that would keep those modes from being stale. Imagine if we had additional years of superspeed stealth scrappers.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Desert map IS the new map btw. The other maps are the stale old maps. Its just that many people get confused on the desert map imo so its not poplar. Personally, I always found the desert maps to be one of the best for solo/small group play due to the movement speed boosts from the shrines and its multi-dimensional design can help evade and ambush opponents.

That said, the OP is about balance and its in the right section. Go post about new content in the perspective areas?

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

That wvw and spvp don't become stale

I would argue:

1. more frequent patches would actually contain fewer significant changes

2. more frequent and fewer significant changes have LESS ability to keep things fresh in competitive modes than less frequent patches that have more numerous and significant changes.

3. The goal of balance patches aren't about keeping competitive modes 'fresh' in the first place, so it's a fallacy to think more frequent patches are a reliable answer to keeping  competitive content fresh either.

Besides even if what you say is true ... what conclusion do you draw from the fact that even if there is a benefit to having more patches to keep 'fresh' competitive modes, it doesn't happen. Maybe you should think about the fact there are likely reasons why the patch frequency is what it is instead of claiming the game should work like you think it should. 

TLDR: Keeping competitive modes 'fresh' isn't about balance patches. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Desert map IS the new map btw. The other maps are the stale old maps. Its just that many people get confused on the desert map imo so its not poplar. Personally, I always found the desert maps to be one of the best for solo/small group play due to the movement speed boosts from the shrines and its multi-dimensional design can help evade and ambush opponents.

That said, the OP is about balance and its in the right section. Go post about new content in the perspective areas?

With you on that, personally I'd like a 3rd new map, so that each borderland is different. That would keep things fresher and more interesting instead of always being on the same alpine map forever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

With you on that, personally I'd like a 3rd new map, so that each borderland is different. That would keep things fresher and more interesting instead of always being on the same alpine map forever. 

Or how about optional open world pvp xd no new maps even needed then just one option made for people if they want that. Probably never gonna happen but it would be fun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

That wvw and spvp don't become stale

I agree, in a perfect world I think it would be interesting to have the Meta change periodically.  However, it has been how long since all professions have been reasonably balanced as a starting point?  In my mind, since the pre-EoD profession changes, we haven't had a stable and balanced Meta.  Look at how they have been unable to balance Condi vs Power for the majority of builds over the past 2 years.  Now factor in how many eSpecs are simply not viable in WvW or PvP while others are always viable.

i really don't mind fewer updates,

what matters to me is for the updates to be productive and of good quality. updates should improve the gamestate.

i specially don't like getting an updates over months wait, only for it to be filled with empty changes, or worse, bad changes that kitten up the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...