Tone down gun flame just abit in wvw

quaniesan.8497

We have some serious sniper that can also smash you down in melee here in WvW.  While I enjoy 8-9k Trueshoot on DH once in a while if they do  crit, and by god, if  it does hit, even then you gotta do quite some work to finish up the rest of the poor guy's HP bar.  but these Gunflame berserk hit squads in WvW  are getting out of hand.  Guaranteed16k crit back to back , one hit to down you, next hit to finish you.  One of these guys downed and finished my guardian within 5 seconds and I thought dragon tooth is already busted nowadays.  It's a tough situation,  if they gain distance on you  for sniping,  you are done.  I have seen these gunflame spam since the past updates, but it really gets out of hand these days. Nerf it to the ground? no, but tone it down abit.

Edited by quaniesan.8497
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14

Gunflame builds are disgusting, ngl, but I find this extremely ironic coming from a guardian/DH. Berserker has to run a complete meme build that dies almost instantly when engaged and has to dedicate all of its traits and utilities to the damage and setup (signets, etc).  Meanwhile, guardian can run some combination of radiance/zeal/virtues and stack the following:

+10% dmg when you have resolution

+20% when you have aegis (that is getting reworked, fortunately)

+10% after you use a virtue

+30% on symbols

Up to +10% if your symbols hit enemies

Etc.

And it can do all of this while still enjoying all of that guardian goodness of frequent aegis, blinds, boons, etc.

Just the other day, I got hit for 12k by leap of faith in PvP. Virtually NOTHING hits that hard in a single hit in PvP. And this is an attack that has a 1.25 coeff (so you know just how many mods must have been active), heals the player, AND blinds the target. Because, you know, balance. (As an aside, some buddies who run this build have seen numbers as high as 16k on this single skill).

And then my corpse was hit by whirling wrath, with every single hit landing for 2k+.

And this on a build that gets away with running Valk stats and still pulls 60-70% crit chance thanks to fury, radiance's buff on resolution, and +10% crit on burning foes.

Not to mention that DH variants get to abuse rune of the Trapper, turning offensive CDs into a major source of sustain and thus removing the tradeoff of running such an offensive build.

So I'll agree with you and say that Gunflame berserker is obnoxious and could be toned down. But it's hardly the only offender when it comes to egregious damage, and it's far from the worst.

PS- sorry, I'm not trying to be salty, but Guardian privilege is real.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

We have some serious sniper that can also smash you down in melee here in WvW.  While I enjoy 8-9k Trueshoot on DH once in a while if they do  crit, and by god, if  it does hit, even then you gotta do quite some work to finish up the rest of the poor guy's HP bar.  but these Gunflame berserk hit squads in WvW  are getting out of hand.  Guaranteed16k crit back to back , one hit to down you, next hit to finish you.  One of these guys downed and finished my guardian within 5 seconds and I thought dragon tooth is already busted nowadays.  It's a tough situation,  if they gain distance on you  for sniping,  you are done.  I have seen these gunflame spam since the past updates, but it really gets out of hand these days. Nerf it to the ground? no, but tone it down abit.

It's a goddang Signet build buddy. Just run a reflect and enjoy your free bag.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

The patch that neuters Spellbreaker hasn't even hit and people already complain about other Warriors?

Gunflame is fine. you need an entire Build dedicated to it as well as the enemy being glass to make it hit hard.

It's a big investment on the Warrior's end and the mistake of running glass in WvW on the enemy's end. If it didn't hit hard under these conditions, THEN there'd be a an issue with it.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Now I want to meme out this weekend....

Brrr intensifies

Did a bit today. Was boring asf. Enemies everywhere, no chance to run from everyone with ports, enemies also having a tempest in every corner. If anything Gunflame is heavily countered right now and quite easily so, more than other years.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Did a bit today. Was boring asf. Enemies everywhere, no chance to run from everyone with ports, enemies also having a tempest in every corner. If anything Gunflame is heavily countered right now and quite easily so, more than other years.

Brr deflates

*Kisses Rifle* I'm sorry old girl. Maybe next time...

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 2/9/2023 at 3:15 AM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Just the other day, I got hit for 12k by leap of faith in PvP. Virtually NOTHING hits that hard in a single hit in PvP. And this is an attack that has a 1.25 coeff (so you know just how many mods must have been active), heals the player, AND blinds the target. Because, you know, balance. (As an aside, some buddies who run this build have seen numbers as high as 16k on this single skill).

This skill is bugged. It is using the PvE co-efficient of 2.0 in WvW and PvP since Aug 2022.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Esufer.8762 said:

i think the first step would be to make dragon slash the dragon slash of pvp/wvw

I don't think that's possible, unless Arenanet gives Junksworn Evasion for the entire duration of charging bullets + the actual slashing.

And I doubt that'll ever happen.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1