SAB 2023 coming soon

hugo.4705

7 hours ago, Owatatsumi.5038 said:

your opinion. glad you are in the minority

Cue an endless back and forth argument about whether anyone has proof of how many people like or do not like SAB.

💁‍♂️🍿

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

One might be able to mine SAB achievements to see how well liked it is (if only a very small fraction of people do the achievements compared to other festivals, that could be an indication).  However, I suspect a lot of people do festival achievements even for festivals they are not very fond of just for the achievements/rewards one gets, so even that is not a very precise metric.

And opinions (either pro or con) on the forums is also a very small percentage of the player base.

But SAB does seem to be the only festival where people do say they really don't like it/avoid it.  But this may just be because it is so different than the normal game.  Dragonbash has you killing things in the arena, which is basically what one does in the OW all the time.  All the festivals have racing.  But SAB also has a much different graphical look than the other festivals.

I guess the SAB festival is mainly disliked by some people - cause it only takes place in the ... SAB. Pretty limited choice of activities since everything is based on jumping. While on the other hand people like it cause it is a whole new thing with lots of big own zones.

It belongs to the festivals with the easy to obtain currency (where you cheaply can buy out the weekly vendor fully without having to do a lot) - similar to the festival of the four winds and the new year. (The other ones have the grind currency ... where you might prefer to spend money to buy it on the TP.) Worth doing it for this - if you can do the jumps. (And easy mode is good enough to get lots of baubles and bubbles - if you do your daily runs - they can be fast if you take the shortcuts.)

But then ... there also are hard achievements - whole sets for them. While it might be okay for people to miss out on a few harder achievements in other festivals ... I guess here it is more annoying if you can't do the tribulation mode. Then missing out on whole sets of skins and other achievements. And let's be honest: It's not like there is a majority that does the harder content. (That stuff already had been designed with the target mainly being the better and/or more masochistic players.)

From the developer's point of view it seems to totally make sense to only add small stuff (new skins) every year as bonus for the old/veteran players. While for new players completing the existing stuff (even if you don't take into account the time-limited stuff like the skins from the dailies and the crimson assassin tokens) might already be content where they can spend several festivals until they complete it. (Even if they play a lot. Unless they really can play a ton every day - no work or on holidays.)

If the SAB at least was permanent (not tied to the festival) ... it would make more sense to add more stuff. Less pressure to play a lot. Cause with a full world 3 released at once (not only one zone) there'd be a lot of pressure to play as much as possible. And I have seen the "people burn out" argument already for stuff that was less of a big deal.

I'd prefer if they completed it slowly ... but making it permanent. Especially for the permanent achievements + the tokens for the tribulation skins. Daily bauble bubbles + the daily chests (for assassin tokens) and the annual achievement set - could still be tied to the festivals.

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 3/26/2023 at 12:31 PM, mythical.6315 said:

Well that is completely false.  There's also that illogical argument that others cannot develop more SAB worlds as if it's somehow only possible for those original developers who created the first two. 

Patch notes: Explore two worlds (and one test zone) of excitement, peril, and educational entertainment to earn holographic weapons and a variety of loot.

For what Anet considers the least popular event, they may have put time into it.

• Confused 2

So ... the new content is a test zone. And they keep the annual stuff (adding further armor pieces). Stuff we might get with the next festivals (since they usually add similar new content): The new weapon set ... where they also have a secret achivement (curious about that) + trying to utilizle the weekly vendor. (Might get expensive at the other festivals with more expensive currency when they add similar stuff there.)

And of course new stuff for the kodan vendor. Should not be too hard to quickly get most stuff since here I have a lot of currency (full stack of 250 bauble bubbles left in the bank). Then doing my daily runs.

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 3/22/2023 at 11:51 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

The dev who created the thread posted once and hasn’t visited the forum since 2021 (at least under that name).

I think it’s time to stop hoping for additional worlds. Given the demand for it, it would be foolish for them not to hype it. They know full well the value of hype when they have something concrete to present. 

I just wish they’d say it’s game over. Communication should not be this hard

Sometimes it's good to be wrong. Silly not to have communicated it and get people back into the game though, but at least they gave a pseudo World 3

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Sometimes it's good to be wrong. Silly not to have communicated it and get people back into the game though, but at least they gave a pseudo World 3

Yeah, I don't get it. Seems like it would have at least been worth a Friday-before blog post to let people hype a little over the weekend.

Possible they were crunch QA testing right up to the last minute of the "Okay, this can go in" deadline?

Or... they just really like their "surprises"?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Yeah, I don't get it. Seems like it would have at least been worth a Friday-before blog post to let people hype a little over the weekend.

Possible they were crunch QA testing right up to the last minute of the "Okay, this can go in" deadline?

Or... they just really like their "surprises"?

They just like surprises

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ubi.4136 said:

Patch notes: Explore two worlds (and one test zone) of excitement, peril, and educational entertainment to earn holographic weapons and a variety of loot.

For what Anet considers the least popular event, they may have put time into it.

May have?  They specifically stated quite some time ago that they were working on it. Not to mention that they’ve added new things with the SAB festival every year that it was available which costs time/money. Not to mention the development of SAB itself, and fixing it years later when they brought it back, that costed time/money. 

On 3/16/2023 at 8:11 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

I’ve only dabbled in it each year, but just found out about Reality Rig Mk 1 when looking through armor skins, and now have a goal.

Bummer, it appears I'm a year too late.

Now, instead of just doing the Annual achievement, I'm going to need to grind out 25 Bubble Baubles. 😢

I wonder why it only takes 8 to upgrade to Mk II, but they felt Mk I needed to be 25.

Ah well. It's a good thing my daughter is excited about SAB and I'll be accompanying her through it anyway. 😄

• Confused 2