Are we still getting "episode" trailers?

Blazing Rathalos.1904

With quarterly updates replacing living world episodes, are we still getting preview trailers? The first one releases on the 28th, so I would be expecting a trailer around now.

They were always fun to have something more specific to look forward to and speculate about.

Edited by Blazing Rathalos.1904
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blazing Rathalos.1904 said:

With quarterly updates replacing living world episodes, are we still getting preview trailers? The first one releases on the 28th, so I would be expecting a trailer around now.

They were always fun to have something more specific to look forward to and speculate about.

As silly as it was, all of last year the trailers released on the day of the launch...

And for quite a while, trailers had a habit of being dropped on the Thursday before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I believe they have for some reason assumed that a screenshot would be enough to generate hype for the week leading to the Episode's release. Then again, I don't understand why they have to drop the trailer on release day, but knowing the game's marketing... it is what it is.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

A screenshot on twitter is our lot at this time. I miss trailer days a week ahead of release.

Maybe they think they get more hype when people run to the forums and reddit to try and analyze the screenshot?

Which has happened in the past, but there doesn't seem that kind of eagerness right now. I was kind of surprised by how little discussion there was over that intial jade cave they showed with the roadmap.

Not sure if it's just that the images are a whole lot of jade and not a lot of interesting clues, or if community hope is too low to be eager about teasing out information.

• Like 1

The episode does not have a news article announcing it yet. Only the march sales + gemstore change announcers (2 different news). Other one for the new story release might get added late. (This happened several times in the past that the update was available but the news for the new content only got added later and chest change and sales stuff news were first.)

Edit: The news is now available - using the trailer linked here in this thread:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/continue-the-guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-story-today-in-what-lies-beneath/

Edited by Luthan.5236