Tempest annoying to play against.

DanSH.6143

On 2/23/2023 at 12:27 AM, Eddie.9143 said:

Tempest is a support spec, should have it's damage nuked. 

the problem(one of many on this stupid balanced mode) is that if ANY class can deny too much damage either by dodging forever, evading, blocking , invulns etc etc should not do barely any damage. And if they have decent constant damage they should not avoid damage. Avoiding damage WHILE dealling damage back that actually kills others all around is kitten coding. 

OR fix this by introducing internal cooldowns after being cced, diminishing returns, if u get cc you cannot get cced again in the first 2s after, otherwise someone can just get cc locked by one single class that has unblockable cc and boonstrips. 

• Thanks 2

It not that hard to fight against it. The game tells you what attunement the ele is in when you have it targeted. When it's in air, expect alot of static aura and don't focus it. You see it in earth avoid projectile attacking. All it takes is alittle awareness and control to beat it ezpz.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

It not that hard to fight against it. The game tells you what attunement the ele is in when you have it targeted. When it's in air, expect alot of static aura and don't focus it. You see it in earth avoid projectile attacking. All it takes is alittle awareness and control to beat it ezpz.

hmm
if its air dont attack it cuz shocking aura.
if its in earth dont attack cuz tanky
if its water dont attack cuz they heal anyways.
hmm

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here.
Nerf earth shield, maybe even sboon it for 6 months till someone can make it not be horribly overpowered. No-one likes this skill.
Then access how tempest performs.
Who knows, if necro makes a comeback and earth shield won't save you tempest might die off anyway.
CMC did a pretty decent job with the patch, there was a reasonably diverse showing at the monthly and we saw guardian being an alternative to tempest, a little shave to tempest will probably do it, like I say earth shield.

12 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here.
Nerf earth shield, maybe even sboon it for 6 months till someone can make it not be horribly overpowered. No-one likes this skill.
Then access how tempest performs.
Who knows, if necro makes a comeback and earth shield won't save you tempest might die off anyway.
CMC did a pretty decent job with the patch, there was a reasonably diverse showing at the monthly and we saw guardian being an alternative to tempest, a little shave to tempest will probably do it, like I say earth shield.

And by doing that you not only take a big fat dump on Tempest but on Weaver and Core too. Conjures outside of Earth Shield are a joke. How many years have Elementalists used Fiery Greatsword? Nerfed due to PvE. Frost Bow? Nerfed because too much GvG burst. Lightning Hammer? Same story, nerfed because GvG. When last did anyone slot the conjured axe? Christ I can't even remember the name of it.

Shave some kitten off Tempest by all means. In fact delete the entire class because Weaver too bursty, Tempest too tanky, Catalyst too much everything. Maybe those of us who have played it for years can finally move on. The witch hunt is getting old and the Inquisition is never satiated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

And by doing that you not only take a big fat dump on Tempest but on Weaver and Core too. Conjures outside of Earth Shield are a joke. How many years have Elementalists used Fiery Greatsword? Nerfed due to PvE. Frost Bow? Nerfed because too much GvG burst. Lightning Hammer? Same story, nerfed because GvG. When last did anyone slot the conjured axe? Christ I can't even remember the name of it.

Shave some kitten off Tempest by all means. In fact delete the entire class because Weaver too bursty, Tempest too tanky, Catalyst too much everything. Maybe those of us who have played it for years can finally move on. The witch hunt is getting old and the Inquisition is never satiated.

Maybe that's because conjures have always been bad design 🤷‍♂️
That last paragraph though, you should talk to someone if that's your response to nerfing earth shield.

On 2/27/2023 at 4:38 AM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

oh my....you are asking too much ....paying attention and actually putting effort into something? Unacceptable 😄 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 2/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, Khenzy.9348 said:

Eles are ridiculous in WvW as well. The balance in this game is a joke.

Virtuoso is also becoming stupid lately. It's not even sort of dumb or sort of strong, it's just way way too much invuln & block.

Like you have to be able to hit things in a pvp mode right? Enough of this invuln archetype stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1