Warrior Vertical Mobility vs Other Classes

Nomad.5204

The lack of good ranged weapon options for warrior and a plethora of teleports on other classes really sucks especially on maps that feature high ground (insert obi-wan Joke here).

Our gap closers are all really buggy, slow/telegraphed, and targeted leaps have terrible range and feature no way to move vertically this makes chasing down targets very difficult for our class.

All this combined means we get screwed whenever there is a fight taking place near any kind node that features high ground with a valid pathway for teleports.

Rather then restricting other classes teleports to only being able to move on the X/Y axis like Warriors leaps, I figure warrior should be able to leap vertically along the Z axis with the following moves as long as there is a valid path like teleports are restricted to.

-Earth Shaker (Hammer Burst)

-Rupturing Smash (Primal Hammer Burst)

-Sundering Leap (Berserker utility skill)

-Seismic Leap (Rampage's leap)

-Stomp (This one's kinda iffy since it's a stun break but I figure they could rework it to function like Seismic Leap but with a smaller AoE to compensate)

This would be a nice way to buff all warrior specs without having to actually adjust any damage numbers.

Outside of lack of stealth and weak ranged options this is Warrior's primary weakness in my eyes.

Edited by Nomad.5204
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The solution would be an espec that replaces dodge with a z axis leap. No acrobatics, just gains a damage, condi, and CC immunity for the 'dodge' duration and causes the warrior to leap 900 range into the air landing with a blast finisher. Any game geometry underneath the warrior as they move gets landed on.

Edit: not sure if people detected the obvious /s or not...

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The solution would be an espec that replaces dodge with a z axis leap

Perhaps but they'll need to fix the z-axis jank first. 

p.s. Beating the dead horse but they can also buff ranged weapons so gap closers won't be as a necessity. 

Edited by cyberzombie.7348

7 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

You know how to LoS right?

Sure, but that's not viable in all situations, and don't pretend otherwise. For example, say there's a teamfight mid at Legacy, and I'm on zerker. My team is targeting a reaper, and they're targeting me. A soulbeast is up top shooting down at me. The reaper ports up to the top to join the soulbeast and joins the soulbeast in hitting me from range. The enemy tempest moves toward them and supports them with ranged support from below. The rest of my team uses vertical mobility to stay on the reaper or attacks from range. Should I abandon the target of the teamfight, stop contributing to the fight making it effectively outnumbered, and spend 5 seconds running to cover, or should I suck it up and take the stairs?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

For example, say there's a teamfight mid at Legacy, and I'm on zerker. My team is targeting a reaper, and they're targeting me.

I don't think teleporting up to continue pressure will do anything for you in that situation. You'll get mowed down without a support when on berserker.

You are already in a bad situation for war on a bad war build.

Edited by Hotride.2187

7 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I don't think teleporting up to continue pressure will do anything for you in that situation. You'll get mowed down without a support when on berserker.

You are already in a bad situation for war on a bad war build.

If it makes you happy, replace berserker with spellbreaker. You're clearly missing the point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

If it makes you happy, replace berserker with spellbreaker. You're clearly missing the point.

You are deadweight in a team fight, teleports wont change this. If you are focused as a spb (and are in a team fight for w/e reason) kite and bunker until your team can do what you cant. Your place is at a node or prolonging 1v2s so your team is an advantage.

I dont understand the point of the topic overall, warrior has its strengths (very much so on defense spb). You want to play war at a higher level of competition, you do what the build does best. If you want to chase players go thief or herald or wb.

I want my staff/spear to apear as e-spec weap so i could Finaly Play something else than Just melee DPS. Gimme ranged supp and I am Happy. Buuut will never happen since new Expansions seem to Not inclued e-specs. This Brake my hopes for Finaly a Others role than Just deeps for warr xd

23 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

You are deadweight in a team fight, teleports wont change this. If you are focused as a spb (and are in a team fight for w/e reason) kite and bunker until your team can do what you cant. Your place is at a node or prolonging 1v2s so your team is an advantage.

I dont understand the point of the topic overall, warrior has its strengths (very much so on defense spb). You want to play war at a higher level of competition, you do what the build does best. If you want to chase players go thief or herald or wb.

Your argument falls off at the end cause you can do multiple stuff with the last two professions. You can play teamfight with guardian and rev you can sidenode with them too and you can gank people too. With warrior its only sidenodes on all specs, "play on the strengths of the spec" lol, or I can play something else that does the same thing but can also teleport or shoot people from range. 
As @Zuko.7132 stated you are missing the point, the specs should cover some other role than sidenoding , maybe Berserker or Bladesworn should be better gankers or teamfighters with better range or mobility compared to core or the spellbreaker that clearly is supposed to be more on the defensive side.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Your argument falls off at the end cause you can do multiple stuff with the last two professions. You can play teamfight with guardian and rev you can sidenode with them too and you can gank people too. With warrior its only sidenodes on all specs, "play on the strengths of the spec" lol, or I can play something else that does the same thing but can also teleport or shoot people from range. 
As @Zuko.7132 stated you are missing the point, the specs should cover some other role than sidenoding , maybe Berserker or Bladesworn should be better gankers or teamfighters with better range or mobility compared to core or the spellbreaker that clearly is supposed to be more on the defensive side.  

Berserker never decaying adrenaline and BSW never decaying Flow or bullets that have been charged would help with that.

Imagine if a Berserker did not have to blow a utility skill to start the memeflame? 

Imagine if BSW could start the fight with a 5s UD stun.

• Thanks 1