Swim Speed

Sparetent.9756

11 minutes ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

The unfair advantage people have with these ridiculous swim speed infusions is stupid! So bored of trying to kill someone, they get in the water and take off at warp 9 and are out of sigh before you can say "what the heck"!

Have you tried using swim speed infusions?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Shadows Creed.3902 said:

Mr Fancy pants using a lvl 40 rare.   Rest of us using the lvl 1 normal ones!

lol, not wrong. All three weights of leggo armor but odds are good a lot of toons still using level 1 aqua breather, maybe that should a thing this week lol.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, not wrong. All three weights of leggo armor but odds are good a lot of toons still using level 1 aqua breather, maybe that should a thing this week lol.

Ascended Aquabreather from Bitterfrost map + Legendary Rune.  Don't forget to make all the Legendary underwater weapons too.

17 minutes ago, Johje Holan.4607 said:

What are swim speed infusions and how do I get them. I try to dine in the water all the time to escape but it only works sometimes 

8 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

They come from Sunken Chests. You can upgrade them or you can straight buy them from other players from the TP.

Note that if you don't buy them from other players, it's a long road to the strongest one. 

Kill 10 krait a day for a key. Accumulate the keys, go open the chests in various maps. 

Exchange them up. You need two +10 to make +11. Two +11 to make +12. And on up to +30.

That's why Swim Speed +25 goes for 200 gold on the TP.

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Ascended Aquabreather from Bitterfrost map + Legendary Rune.  Don't forget to make all the Legendary underwater weapons too.

🙂 Journey gets to continue, am happy I am not done with all the weapons since it still allows for goals. Do have one water weapon done, still working on the other, but I don't fight underwater much, which is for the best all things considered lol. 

On 2/22/2023 at 2:14 AM, GenerationX.9178 said:

@RazieL.5684 Problem I is cele hits like zerker and condition because the stats are to strong.

8 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Note that if you don't buy them from other players, it's a long road to the strongest one. 

Kill 10 krait a day for a key. Accumulate the keys, go open the chests in various maps. 

Exchange them up. You need two +10 to make +11. Two +11 to make +12. And on up to +30.

That's why Swim Speed +25 goes for 200 gold on the TP.

think i read somewhere that to get the strongest one would take 70+ years or something stupid like that...

@Sparetent.9756 you sure they didn't just use a skill that boosts them forward? many classes have such abilities for example ranger spear 3 i think is this shark skill, necro 5? not sure but yeah they just boost you forward by a lot

5 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

@Sparetent.9756 you sure they didn't just use a skill that boosts them forward? many classes have such abilities for example ranger spear 3 i think is this shark skill, necro 5? not sure but yeah they just boost you forward by a lot

Mesmer as well. Always liked having Slipstream and Feigned Surge underwater.

• Thanks 1

The max out of combat speed boost underwater is only a little bit more than swiftness and can be reached with the minimum swim speed infusion. In combat, the higher swim speed infusions will be slightly more noticeable for just swimming (since realistically almost nobody will be shelling out the gold for >+24).  

Where you'll mainly see the difference, however, is underwater movement skills. Since your speed affects how far you go while using these underwater movement skills that already go pretty fast, any speed boosts will extend your travel distance with those skills...and those skills are already going to be the main way people quickly escape from you underwater.

• Like 1

Not sure where this guy is gettign +25 for 200 gold....Mine was way more than that.

Max swim speed is 400 units in or out of combat....so the goal is to reach that 400. Now certain skill will exceed that 400 units max distance but thats completely related to that skill and not swim speed.

This is the gospel as afr as I know unless its been changed at some point

On 3/5/2023 at 6:08 PM, Sparetent.9756 said:

The unfair advantage people have with these ridiculous swim speed infusions is stupid!...

I'm not sure what the "unfair" advantage is. Anyone who wants swim speed infusions can get them. Yeah, it takes work but just because someone else did the work and you didn't, doesn't mean they have an "unfair" advantage. It just means you didn't do the work.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 1