Black Lion Requisition Missions [Merged]

If you miss one week you basically are unable to complete the event achievement, it's 2023 add the previous week in the vendor tab already.

It would also make sense from a material sink standpoint as well, which is what this event is all about.

• Like 14
  • Confused 4

May I humbly suggest, that we have opportunity to finish Black Lion Requisition Mission Weeks 1-4 not only in their respective event windows, but also after them? That would allow players who missed week 1 or will miss next weeks finish all tiers of Black Lion Requisition Investor during this bonus event. It might even cost some gold or materials to unlock "closed week tab" at BL merchant for those, who missed its event window, but that still would be great to have it finished and not hanging forever as unfinished achievement. Just a suggestion 🙂 Wish You all the best!

• Like 13
  • Confused 5

I agree, a lot of people won't be able to log in every single week and it's not great to miss out on the overall reward because real-life had to take precedence over a video game.

Also if the point is to drain overly common materials from the game and so help balance the economy (which I assume it is) it seems logical to want to include as many people as possible.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The point of these is not to make players happy, it's to fix some economy issues. 

What if there were a world where it could be both…. 😄

Wouldn’t giving people the option to participate across all four weeks drain even more mats that need draining?

I do wonder about that silky sand, though.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The point of these is not to make players happy, it's to fix some economy issues. 

Making each week available in subsequent weeks lets more people spend their materials and thus lets more people partake in the economical part of the event.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Making each week available in subsequent weeks lets more people spend their materials and thus lets more people partake in the economical part of the event.

That's fair point. It would allow more people to get rid of their resources and manage to get achievement.

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Maybe the goal isn't to spread it out. Maybe the goal is a swift impact. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

well 1 week or 4 its pretty swift impact either way mate.

True. I don't know who the Anet head economist is but these sort of incentives are usually supposed to shock the system and then evaluate. It's similar to how the federal reserve changes interest rates when the economy gets too hot or cold. 

• Confused 1

Maybe the goal is also to additionally reward people for playing the game fairly systematically (once a week doesn't seem like a steep requirement?) instead of turning the event into "log in on 4th week and grab those rewards"? Who knows, guess we'll see soon. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Maybe the goal is also to additionally reward people for playing the game fairly systematically (once a week doesn't seem like a steep requirement?) instead of turning the event into "log in on 4th week and grab those rewards"? Who knows, guess we'll see soon. 🤷‍♂️ 

I can understand that, but daily system is already there for this purpose. But gating exclusive achievement (not to mention rewards) behind time window gates seems a bit "meh" in 2023 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 3/8/2023 at 7:44 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

I agree, a lot of people won't be able to log in every single week and it's not great to miss out on the overall reward because real-life had to take precedence over a video game.

Also if the point is to drain overly common materials from the game and so help balance the economy (which I assume it is) it seems logical to want to include as many people as possible.

People can't log in for 2 minutes to click on a vendor? Show me someone whose real life doesn't afford them 2 minutes over 7 days to log in and click on something. 

Using your logic, I guess they should make all the festivals be accessed at any time because hey, some may not be able to log in during the 4 weeks they take place.

Edited by loregnum.3619
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

29 minutes ago, loregnum.3619 said:

People can't log in for 2 minutes to click on a vendor? Show me someone whose real life doesn't afford them 2 minutes over 7 days to log in and click on something. 

Using your logic, I guess they should make all the festivals be accessed at any time because hey, some may not be able to log in during the 4 weeks they take place.

Festivals are different, all achievements are available during festival, not in certain weeks of festival. All I ask is to provide the same solution here: during all 4 weeks of current bonus event we can contribute to every week, not only during respective weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, loregnum.3619 said:

People who are on holiday. People on business trips. People who are in hospital. People whose computer has broken down or get hit with a snowstorm that takes out their power and/or internet.

That's just the first few which came to mind, there's all kinds of reasons someone might be unable to log into a game for a week. If you're in a different town or country to your PC it doesn't matter how much time it would take to do it if you were at home, you're not so there's no way to do do even quick tasks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

People who are on holiday. People on business trips. People who are in hospital. People whose computer has broken down or get hit with a snowstorm that takes out their power and/or internet.

That's just the first few which came to mind, there's all kinds of reasons someone might be unable to log into a game for a week. If you're in a different town or country to your PC it doesn't matter how much time it would take to do it if you were at home, you're not so there's no way to do do even quick tasks.

Precisely. One thing I like about achievements in GW2 is that I can do them whenever I want, because there is no time gate. I'm not counting festivals, because these are different. Festivals are time gated, but their annual achievements are repeatable once per year, so I can wait if I missed them. Current bonus event prevents some players from completing its achievement only because they didn't log in in certain time. Is there any reason to do that? It's not competition like: "I'm better, because I log in regularly".

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, michalvir.8912 said:

Precisely. One thing I like about achievements in GW2 is that I can do them whenever I want, because there is no time gate. I'm not counting festivals, because these are different. Festivals are time gated, but their annual achievements are repeatable once per year, so I can wait if I missed them. Current bonus event prevents some players from completing its achievement only because they didn't log in in certain time. Is there any reason to do that? It's not competition like: "I'm better, because I log in regularly".

They are tied to the March Sales and therefore only available in March. 

Each week in March, Black Lion Requisition Officers will accept deliveries of various raw materials and reward you with goods like boosters and Black Lion Statuettes. Help meet the demand for multiple weeks to receive greater rewards, including a Black Lion Claim Ticket—and more!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/march-sales-schedule/

Edited by vares.8457
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, michalvir.8912 said:

I can understand that, but daily system is already there for this purpose. But gating exclusive achievement (not to mention rewards) behind time window gates seems a bit "meh" in 2023 🙂

It "being 2023" is not an argument for anything ever, unless you're trying to have a discussion about what year it is 😉 

In this case those "achievements" aren't exactly "achievements", but a reward distribution system for a time limited event.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, michalvir.8912 said:

Festivals are different, all achievements are available during festival, not in certain weeks of festival. All I ask is to provide the same solution here: during all 4 weeks of current bonus event we can contribute to every week, not only during respective weeks.

Festivals are just as much of time limited events. There's longer time to play them and it makes sense since there's usually much more to do and they have AP+festival-specific rewards bound to their achievements. Meanwhile here it's log-in, make 3 clicks and you're done for a week. Also anything you get from taking those actions isn't somehow limited to this particular event, they're bltc items you can normally get.

Hopefully you keep writing to every organized promotional event you see because all of them are naturally available for a set duration of time and what if you didn't notice it before they ended? It's 2023, just gimme? Let me know what responses you receive from them. (spoiler alert: "sorry, it was available from x to y, good luck next time!")

• Like 2
  • Confused 5