Chromium Embedded Framework Host for Guild Wars 2 stopped to work [Merged]

1 minute ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey everyone, I can confirm that people looking into a fix for this. 

In the meantime, a possible workaround is to add -usecoherent to your command line. The GW2 wiki has instructions on command line arguments if you're not familiar with this process. 

Some of you may be running into a separate problem. This does not apply to everyone in this thread, but please note that the game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program, due to possible incompatibilities. 

Not using a third party program to launch, but Chromium defo has a certificate issue to be fixed.

However the inability to use CAPS LOCK etc when typing into the password box is surely not an incompatibility issue but rather a Chromium implemented issue that defo needs fixing

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Falseprophet.1502 said:

I am unable to type my password or the authenticator number when signing into my account. It gives a log in failure code. The only workaround that I have found that works is typing your password in a note pad, copying it, pasting it in the launcher, and doing that the same way for your authenticator code.

I'm unable to type the "@" symbol to log in. Had to copy/paste the mail address...

9 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

In the meantime, a possible workaround is to add -usecoherent to your command line. The GW2 wiki has instructions on command line arguments if you're not familiar with this process. 

Some of you may be running into a separate problem. This does not apply to everyone in this thread, but please note that the game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program, due to possible incompatibilities. 

This worked. Thank you Rubi :)

• Like 2

Chill bro they trying to fix, at moment you can use this :

In the meantime, a possible workaround is to add -usecoherent to your command line. The GW2 wiki has instructions on command line arguments if you're not familiar with this process. 

Some of you may be running into a separate problem. This does not apply to everyone in this thread, but please note that the game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program, due to possible incompatibilities.

Edited by VictorLeal.4102
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ludwigma.2385 said:

-usecoherent works with gw2launcher and plugins are loaded , thanks for the tip

gw2launcher is going to have to update to work with the CEF changes though.  If you switch back to CEF, you'll have to stop using gw2launcher until that dev updates.

Just now, Sabrana.4015 said:

Same problem here with Chromium. Can't log to the game. But I'll wait for the fix rather than use a command I don't understand at all xD

use my tip then. it's nothing fancy. right-click on your gw2 launcher and go to properties, there set a mark on compatibility and put it to vista

Stuck a bit on initializing. Then after putting in the password it seems to freeze. Can't log in or start the game. Only closing the launcher works.

Still need to so some daily stuff so a speedy fix is needed immediately.

Edited by Luthan.5236