Chromium Embedded Framework Host for Guild Wars 2 stopped to work [Merged]

1 minute ago, mezzer.4096 said:

-usecoherent now says make sure you have dx9 and an updated video driver

it worked before

This patch removed DX9 from the graphics options.  You probably have to also add -dx9 to the command line, assuming that wasn't removed.

2 minutes ago, ArtExplosion.5806 said:

Idk what that means sry i just got error code Erorr code 3044:1030:9:553 but then i searched for it, i dont found it in the list

That error code has been associated with some network connection problem specifically with the Chromium Embedded Framework from the last time they tried to replace Coherent.  That subsystem is trying to make a network connection and failing for some reason.  Not clear why.

CEF (and Coherent) are separate processes from GW2 that run on your system.

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

That error code has been associated with some network connection problem specifically with the Chromium Embedded Framework from the last time they tried to replace Coherent.  That subsystem is trying to make a network connection and failing for some reason.  Not clear why.

CEF (and Coherent) are separate processes from GW2 that run on your system.

with that being said, I need to wait until they find out whats wrong ? I mean its unfortunate but okay. THanks for help 🙂

On 3/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey everyone, I can confirm that people looking into a fix for this. 

In the meantime, a possible workaround is to add -usecoherent to your command line. The GW2 wiki has instructions on command line arguments if you're not familiar with this process. 

Some of you may be running into a separate problem. This does not apply to everyone in this thread, but please note that the game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program, due to possible incompatibilities.

I have just experienced this issue for the very first time, and the -usecoherent flag resolved the crash. Thank you!

• Like 1

Just now, ArtExplosion.5806 said:

with that being said, I need to wait until they find out whats wrong ? I mean its unfortunate but okay. THanks for help 🙂

I don't know.  If you have the technical knowledge, you could inspect the network connections a process is trying to make to see why it's not able to connect.  Most likely though it is some misconfiguration caused by the developer since that's what happened last time.  Haha.

4 minutes ago, Sigpaos.2615 said:

I have just experienced this issue for the very first time, and the -usecoherent flag resolved the crash. Thank you!

Her statement mentions third-party programs.  If that applies to you, try removing them first before using the workaround to see if the crash is being caused by them before determining if it's CEF.

Edited by Chaba.5410

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I don't know.  If you have the technical knowledge, you could inspect the network connections a process is trying to make to see why it's not able to connect.  Most likely though it is some misconfiguration caused by the developer since that's what happened last time.  Haha.

no i hav 0 knowledge of this so i hope they fixing it soonish..... but anyways thanks for informations 🙂

57 minutes ago, mezzer.4096 said:

Try adding also -dx11 to shortcut along with -usecoherent

now says verify that you have dx11

dxdiag says I have dx11 and it is working

You aren't running any addons correct?  d912pxy, arcdps, reshade, or anything like that?