[EoD] Valdhertz Crypts still bugged [Merged]

At least, this time NPCs do spawn, but you still can't get past the final room. The two are defeated but nothing happens. The heart does not spawn, nor does the door open.

Oh, and there are two orange crossed swords in the first room, floating in the air, but with nothing to fight.

This mini-dungeon still requires some fixing.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I finally (!) did a successful run this morning, immediately after one that failed again for me.

I waited for the dungeon to reset and made sure no one was interferring, that I was alone. I then succeeded.

Is this supposed to only work if no other players are there with you in the Crypt, tempering with levers etc.?

• Confused 2

On 3/16/2022 at 2:48 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Is this supposed to only work if no other players are there with you in the Crypt, tempering with levers etc.?

You need to do every room to get all chests and the best way is to do it alone, other random players will tend to mess the run up. The lever room can be redone, but I'm not sure about the statue one, that one still bugs out when another player has been doing some of the weapons.  Anet should lock it once you're in, or limit it to players in a party.

7 minutes ago, Lanyha.4639 said:

You need to do every room to get all chests and the best way is to do it alone, other random players will tend to mess the run up. The lever room can be redone, but I'm not sure about the statue one, that one still bugs out when another player has been doing some of the weapons.  Anet should lock it once you're in, or limit it to players in a party.

Well.. actually even when I was alone and did all the rooms without any help I wasnt able to open at the end one standard chest and the splendid one. However next run this day (with some random dudes) allowed me to open last two chests.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there has been many threads about this, but now that this mini-dungeon is one of the main sources of jade runestones, it would be great if it would be fixed. Bugs happen very often at the end, whether it is the heart of Grenth not being interactible after killing the two bosses in the time window, or the inability to loot chests at the end despite event participation. This is especially unfortunate since they happen at the end of the dungeon, and seem to happen more and more often. 

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Lioness.6027 said:

I try to do this dungeon and have only looted the chest twice in the last month. Even with completing all rooms the big chest and 1 other won't open.  Why isn't Anet fixing this bug?

I've never looted the chest.  I also try not to complete it because of how buggy it is.  Would rather not wait for a new map.  Maybe Anet will fix it one day...

2 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I've never looted the chest.  I also try not to complete it because of how buggy it is.  Would rather not wait for a new map.  Maybe Anet will fix it one day...

You don't have to wait for a new instance of the map, but the following two conditions must be true for it to not bug out:

1. You need to wait for the timer to run out and restart the mini-dungeon.
  2. You need to be alone in the mini-dungeon to ensure it doesn't bug out. As soon as someone else joins you, bugs are imminent.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/23/2023 at 6:13 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

You don't have to wait for a new instance of the map, but the following two conditions must be true for it to not bug out:

1. You need to wait for the timer to run out and restart the mini-dungeon.
  2. You need to be alone in the mini-dungeon to ensure it doesn't bug out. As soon as someone else joins you, bugs are imminent.

Just tried it today, did it fully solo and couldnt open 3 chests including the main one, i think im gunna stop doing this now, no runestones for like 4 days now and im not gunna run the whole thing again...

• 2 weeks later...

Valdhertz Crypts mini dungeoon is bugged and stops progress in that if there's more than one person participating in the mini-dungeon, no one gets the final chest even if they participated in all events and even were the one who solved all puzzles. Some people from seem to think it's caused by not listening to conversations, but I haven't experienced that to be the cause, in my experience it's simply if someone else comes in and joins in.

Well meaning players can come in and sabotage a run - as I did the first time I found out about the bug in game, and presumably it's also open to less-than-well-meaning players could too (though I have never seen that). The trouble is, well-meaning players are skeptical of there being a bug and there's no polite why of really tell people to clear off - you just invite them to see the bug for themselves. This is not, in any way, those player's fault.

It's been bugged for a long while now (since launch?), and it's annoying it's not been fixed. You'd have thought that moving it to it's own instance is probably an unreasonable fix from a man-power point of view, but at least widening the chests to be opened by anyone who participates at any point would be a solution as well (or just let anyone open the chests, the dungeon resets quickly after all - and there's plenty of simpler chests to open!). Or of course, fixing the fundamental issue.

If you go yourself after reading this, please be considerate of people already in the dungeon and if the first door is open, wait outside for it to reset - that way everyone including yourself gets all the loot.

Some people have reported this bug occuring when entirely solo as well, but I haven't personally experienced that so can't corroborate.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just now had another bugged run with both Commissar Ignat and Countess Lavina Durheim lying on the ground pretending to be dead with no progress to the event. (There was another player in the mini-dungeon who did not do anything at any event, so maybe it has something to do with that.)

• 2 months later...

Had this as a daily for the Wizard Vault as did muliple other plays and completely bugged, no one could compelte this and therefore had to forfit the daily.  This is a well know bug, especially when mulitple players are in dungeon so why is this a daily?  Multiple players excerbates the problem.  Need to be fixed, until then it needs to be removed from the dailies as unfair to players.