Fashion Wars At Last

11 hours ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

My guess is that 99% of the players don't care about this but want some REAL content....

If you can find 99% of this playerbase to agree on what constitutes real content, I'd be surprised. Some people think raids are real content, but I'm relatively certain it's content for a relatively small percentage of the playerbase. Story is real content to some people, and some people skip all the scenes. Making legendaries is real content to some people but not everyone does it.

And to some, fashion wars is real content. Shrugs.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

If you can find 99% of this playerbase to agree on what constitutes real content, I'd be surprised. Some people think raids are real content, but I'm relatively certain it's content for a relatively small percentage of the playerbase. Story is real content to some people, and some people skip all the scenes. Making legendaries is real content to some people but not everyone does it.

Meanwhile I shall maintain my position in the 1% by insisiting that since it's all digital no part of the game is real at all.

• Haha 7

I was very excited to be a part of this, and although joined in and had fun, was SO disappointed that back pieces don't show.  It takes away from a lot of my character's looks.  Still, it was fun and it was great seeing the effort and creativity that some folks put into their looks.

It would have been nice to have some sort of take away or vendor offering like with previous April Fools events.  Love the idea of an "emperor's new clothes" tonic where we all get pixilated/blurred naked effect! (maybe add a crown to your head as well).

Edited by Sanus.3502
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

To be honest my faves are the ones who Griffon is the game. The Flying Club Guilds. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just thought I'd let everyone know what if you activate an embiggening tonic between two contests and keep it active until the cooldown timer hits zero, the game will remove your transformation, but won't give you the skills to support contentants (7,8 and 9). If you then re-enable and disable your tonic again, you can use back pieces, novelties and mounts.

You're welcome.

Edited by Robert Calais.8425
Impractical wording and typos
  • Thanks 2

On 3/31/2023 at 12:24 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

too bad 99% of the players are way too shy for this.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:18 PM, DylanLucas.6058 said:

My guess is that 99% of the players don't care about this but want some REAL content....

Any fresh event is a good event regardless of whether if there are rewards or not. But I totally agree with the above quotes. I think some kind of tokens of appreciation or rewards may improve the participant numbers but shyness is the one that stopped me from participating in any Fashion Wars contests hosted by the players and guilds and this April Fools one too.

I know this is just a pixel thing but still, looking pretty and sexy is one thing, standing on stage or in a ring where all eyes are focus on you is too much for me. I am a shy person irl you know 🙂 Wish this April Fools joke event could be made into a content and for sure I will be there, to support and vote if needed. Nice one ANet :classic_happy:

edit : And enabling minis to summon their own mounts whenever players mount up is really a cool idea. Let them catch up to us and be by our sides whenever they are not hidden instead of disappearing all the time 🙁

Edited by Min Min.9368

On 3/31/2023 at 3:24 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

too bad 99% of the players are way too shy for this.

I'd like to weigh in on this, as I made a new toon especially for this event.

Having read through most of the thread, I'll echo some sentiments by saying we need backpieces to be visible on stage even if you remove them from people in the peanut gallery, I mean, er... crowd. Also, tonics are not fashion. I know this will rub fur the wrong way with some people, but it was meant for those with armour and weapons to show off. What's also needed is for the voting to STOP after the last person has been on stage and the timer has run down. While the "judges are tallying votes" there shouldn't be the ability to vote anymore. Make it a sub-event so the Approve/Wave/Cheer can be removed.

I really don't care if I'm late to the party on this, I'm just sharing my sentiments for next year's if they decide to keep it. It needs quite a bit of refinement.

For a joke event with no rewards and only an achievement for participation I think it was fine. But if it is brought back as a reoccuring activity, especially as part of other festivals, I agree it could use some refinement.

Personally though I think tonics and outfits are ok. No it's not as creative as making your own style, but especially for some of the themed rounds if it fits the theme I think it should be allowed.

Maybe one thing they could change for next time is to add a clearer voting system. Maybe replace the audiences weapon skills with scores from 1-5, which can be used once per round, and then leave the cheer, approve and wave reactions as free actions which don't affect the voting.