Radical teleport skill

SoulGuardian.6203

11 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Would be pretty much useless and sometimes be very annoying for other players in PvE, would be absolutely broken in pvp/wvw. 

How so?

Seems like it would be a worse pull, because you would have the same effect as pull, but would put yourself in the midst of the enemies in the process.

I'd expect it would have the same "no valid path to target" restrictions as other teleports, so you couldn't use it to swap places with opponents on top of keep walls and such.

GW1 PvE was a way to teach the players the game before putting them into the main attraction: PvP. The game had a plethora of mechanics to interrupt, disable skills, various ways to deny healing/spellcasting/attacking... and tools to deal with such mechanics on the recieving side.
My point is: even in a game with such extensive kits to ward off harrassment, there was no teleport that swaps you with an enemy. It would be beyond broken in any PvP format where team sizes are above 2. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

so you couldn't use it to swap places with opponents on top of keep walls and such.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. 

Possibly useful to get into a tower while the enemy gets trashed by your team mates.

There are other uses for it I have in mind, but want to see what you guys think.

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

How so?

Seems like it would be a worse pull, because you would have the same effect as pull, but would put yourself in the midst of the enemies in the process.

I'd expect it would have the same "no valid path to target" restrictions as other teleports, so you couldn't use it to swap places with opponents on top of keep walls and such.

You can easily evade/stabi/reflect pulls. Ontop of that it's almost impossible to single out a specific enemy in a wvw group. Pulls are already some of the most broken kitten in wvw+pvp atm. designing a skill that is able to get rid of 95% of the inherent weaknesses will be completely OP.  Also the person who gets swapped will probably be desoriented for the first 1/2 sec leaving him completely vulnterable. 

The person who uses the teleport knows exactly when it's going to happen and can prepare in advance (same goes for the group that he plays with). You can easily pop some invul/extra teleport to get to safety while your group prepares a selfbomb. Also not a single person would voluntarily tag up in WvW. Just imagine being completely teleported & killed at the start of the fight. 

2 minutes ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

You can easily evade/stabi/reflect pulls. Ontop of that it's almost impossible to single out a specific enemy in a wvw group. Pulls are already some of the most broken kitten in wvw+pvp atm. designing a skill that is able to get rid of 95% of the inherent weaknesses will be completely OP.  Also the person who gets swapped will probably be desoriented for the first 1/2 sec leaving him completely vulnterable. 

The person who uses the teleport knows exactly when it's going to happen and can prepare in advance (same goes for the group that he plays with). You can easily pop some invul/extra teleport to get to safety while your group prepares a selfbomb. Also not a single person would voluntarily tag up in WvW. Just imagine being completely teleported & killed at the start of the fight. 

Could be useful to get a commander out?

Maybe?

But you guys are making this interesting to read.

Please continue.

16 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

So it’d need an obvious tell to give time to react, be evadable, and countered by stab.

Im not sure on the disorient part. Would it be more disorienting than if you get get caught by a pull?

I’m not trying to argue for it, I’m just pondering it.

No way , i can already see the trolls using it in pve to get a target out of range and out of combat so it start regenerating his life (remind ranger longbow skill4 knocking off away a boss and dies before you could even tag it ?) , not to mention pvp/wvw ... imagine a bus versus bus with all people using that skill , will be a clown fiesta .... and an insta dead skill if you get ported inside an ennemy bus. 
Without trolls who would use it in pve , it could be an interesting concept , great use in some endgame content , but sadly some people just love to annoy the world for some reason ...

interestingly I had an idea for a skill to swap places with an enemy. but honestly, it should only ever work when you and the targeted enemy are on even terrain (i.e., imagine teleporting an enemy out of a tower or they put you out of the tower? completely game-changing and busted.)