Gyala Delves Rewards and Post-Meta Fishing Drop Rate

Okay... What happened to the drop rate of legendary fish in Gyala Delves since the last patch? It's getting harder and harder to find groups in the LFG, it seems you haven't learned how to reward players yet, it's a 40 minute meta to get some unidentified greens and  0-4 legendary fish that in 40 minutes on any map I get more than that.

Congratulations, you managed to kill a map before releasing the second part of it.

EDIT : I understand why this game is like this, casual people don't come to talk on the forum and when they do, veterans prefer to use an "emote"  and administer the forum than see what a person is trying to say and add something to the discussion. It just makes people less interested in making a post, what an amazing community...

Edited by VictorLeal.4102
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 11

7 minutes ago, VictorLeal.4102 said:

Yea the spawn change was published in the patch notes, but they felt it wasn't worth publishing the drastic drop rate change (or it was not intended). Hopefully this will be fixed by the next part of the map but I haven't seen anyone on the forum complaining about it :/

Seems the spawn of the nodes wasn't changed, they are still there befor the boss is done (at least every time I checked it). Maybe they changed the drop rate, till it's really fixed, or it's just an eternal bandaid fix?

• Thanks 1

Can't say I care about the fishing drop rate. Would rather have seen dev resources spent on something, anything really, other than fishing. I did the meta a couple of times after the reward nerfs and haven't bothered to go back since. I can deal with relatively boring events if the rewards are decent because the basic combat mechanics are sufficiently fun to offset bad encounter design. But poor rewards combined with bad encounter design are too off-putting for me. Don't know that I will bother continuing with the story at this point.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

So the patch notes simply say the nodes appear after the ravenous wanderer is defeated.  If that drop rate decreased, that hopefully will be adjusted, since it's meant to be a little bonus for finishing the meta.  I like it but most players do not stop and fish honestly.  This alone is not why it's a mostly dead map.  

If it is so much easier to go fish on another map, then just go to another map.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

FYI:  We prohibit posts or comments that fall into the following general categories:

repeat an existing topic in the same forum or a different subforum; please use the “Search” feature

From:  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/the-forums-code-of-conduct/

In practice, though, creating a thread for discussing a specific topic outside of a more general thread seems to be accepted. I see it happen fairly often without the threads being merged. So making a thread to discuss fishing rewards specifically, outside of the thread that covers general Gyala feedback, seems to be considered to be different enough due to having that specific focus.

Which makes sense, since otherwise someone could make a thread titled 'Let's talk about the game', and then any other thread would just be a sub-topic of that thread.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, VictorLeal.4102 said:

Okay... What happened to the drop rate of legendary fish in Gyala Delves since the last patch? It's getting harder and harder to find groups in the LFG, it seems you haven't learned how to reward players yet, it's a 40 minute meta to get some unidentified greens and  0-4 legendary fish that in 40 minutes on any map I get more than that.

Congratulations, you managed to kill a map before releasing the second part of it.

EDIT : I understand why this game is like this, casual people don't come to talk on the forum and when they do, veterans prefer to use an "emote"  and administer the forum than see what a person is trying to say and add something to the discussion. It just makes people less interested in making a post, what an amazing community...

Getting rewarded means gold = less profit on gem sales. I think there are too many rich players where they dont earn money from because they can buy everything with their gold and never have to buy gems. Why is the gold to gem price so crazy last few weeks. The start where sales began with 25% off, the gold to gems increased with 25% so no sale for casuals, but only when you spend real money on gems. Or if you are rich ingame. Or if you already bought the geme some time ago. And if there keep sales then the geme price stay crazy and never drop to the old balanced price. So droprates on nice items and rewards became a myth. You want some. Just farm a meta for years and buy it. While the rich ppl come to the forum and put a cry of confure emoticon on ppls (suggestion) post. 

• Confused 7

11 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

So the patch notes simply say the nodes appear after the ravenous wanderer is defeated.  If that drop rate decreased, that hopefully will be adjusted, since it's meant to be a little bonus for finishing the meta.  I like it but most players do not stop and fish honestly.  This alone is not why it's a mostly dead map.  

If it is so much easier to go fish on another map, then just go to another map.  

That is part of the reward of the meta, it was a good method of daily gold, with that drop rate the meta was thought for that (it wasn't just a little bonus practically 15g came from fishing) it was only poorly executed opening gaps for alt-accounts.

This tip of "If the map is bad go to another" unfortunately I've been doing it since I started playing, and you didn't understand well I gave this example to show that the map simply lost the value it had.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, VictorLeal.4102 said:

That is part of the reward of the meta, it was a good method of daily gold, with that drop rate the meta was thought for that (it wasn't just a little bonus practically 15g came from fishing) it was only poorly executed opening gaps for alt-accounts.

This tip of "If the map is bad go to another" unfortunately I've been doing it since I started playing, and you didn't understand well I gave this example to show that the map simply lost the value it had.

I agree it is a nice extra reward and also decent gold.  If that drop rate has decreased, I hope that they return it to it's previous state.  Your scoffing at a 40 minute meta to get to fish you could have already fished on another map though kind of made it seem less than valuable.  Overall, we agree...keep it as it was for the drop rate, it was great.

5 hours ago, titje.2745 said:

Getting rewarded means gold = less profit on gem sales. I think there are too many rich players where they dont earn money from because they can buy everything with their gold and never have to buy gems. Why is the gold to gem price so crazy last few weeks. The start where sales began with 25% off, the gold to gems increased with 25% so no sale for casuals, but only when you spend real money on gems. Or if you are rich ingame. Or if you already bought the geme some time ago. And if there keep sales then the geme price stay crazy and never drop to the old balanced price. So droprates on nice items and rewards became a myth. You want some. Just farm a meta for years and buy it. While the rich ppl come to the forum and put a cry of confure emoticon on ppls (suggestion) post. 

People who convert gold to gems are buying gems that another player converted to gold. If anything, ArenaNet gets more from this because Gnashblade takes his cut from every conversion. If there's a financial incentive to cut rewards, it's not about getting the gold-rich players to stop converting gold to gems, it's to maintain a population of dollar-comfortable but gold-poor players that buy gems to convert to gold.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I didn't like the fishing spots being so abused. I like to fish in other maps and it was killing my income x) I don't want sitting in gyala to be the best spot for fishing. But that's my preference. 

I do hope they add more to fishing in future! More fishies to find, I was a bit bummed gyala didn't have it own unique fish and shares the dragons end ones. Fishing is an expansion feature so I would hope they do more with it. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, multiwickingerhabich.9867 said:

most farm the gold which is totally easy and exchange it for gems but there are often enough people who always want to have everything best in 10 minutes, preferably a leggy in 10 minutes, they buy the but others farm it.

How many time do i have to repeat myself, gem do not come out of no where, when you convert gold to gems you are buying another persons gems after anet taxes you 25%.  Whales fund your gemstore purchases.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I buy gems to convert to gold because time is the resource I'm short of, not money. If I had lots of time, of course I wouldn't need to buy gold, I'd just farm it. I don't spend so much that I just buy legendaries or Perm Bank expresses etc. but I do buy mats and cosmetics, which is almost exactly a tradeoff between farming time and money.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1