Leaderboad when is so obvious ..

1 hour ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

121 win 14 loose. a few days ago there was none of that but today ? wtf did someone hack all night and day or ?

That's clearly a win trading account thou. I've seen better records than that and they were also win trading. That's why I refuse to use win trading tittle of the Arena, is kinda pathetic how most people care about this tittles. When everybody knows the ranking system is a joke.

• Thanks 1

It's only the same people who get the title. Since that's the case the same people for a decade now, it doesn't matter in any gaming community. No one cares about competitive guild wars 2. And if you ever bring it up in any conversation at a gaming convention you'll just be laugh at. I see someone with a top 10 title I just laugh at them and there try hard life style and  failing to gain any respect from anyone b.c of the win trading and dev neglect of this game mode.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

It's only the same people who get the title. Since that's the case the same people for a decade now, it doesn't matter in any gaming community. No one cares about competitive guild wars 2. And if you ever bring it up in any conversation at a gaming convention you'll just be laugh at. I see someone with a top 10 title I just laugh at them and there try hard life style and  failing to gain any respect from anyone b.c of the win trading and dev neglect of this game mode.

#1 in NA is a known cheater exposed years ago, and he still doing it till this day. If is the same ppl getting these tittles and known cheaters from the past, why the heck are they still not banned??? We got video proof of such cheaters. Anet needs to do something enough is enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

whole top 3 of eu ladder are wintraders for sure. i mean thats why spvp here is not popular. Anet just doesnt care about this game mode. Thats why wow is superior in some ways still. 

Edited by Adonaj.7932
  • Like 1

The strange thing about this is that it would take relatively little effort to just monitor people on the leaderboard when their winrate creeps over 80%. The people you need to monitor can't hide if they want to grab a title,  and I'm sure a number of them would throw partners under the bus if they got caught actively sabotaging the matches. You only need to hit a couple of people hard for this for the whole thing to break down. 

I don't consider any of these titles to be indicative of skill or prestige, and will not unless some visible effort is made to punish match manipulation. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

The strange thing about this is that it would take relatively little effort to just monitor people on the leaderboard when their winrate creeps over 80%. The people you need to monitor can't hide if they want to grab a title,  and I'm sure a number of them would throw partners under the bus if they got caught actively sabotaging the matches. You only need to hit a couple of people hard for this for the whole thing to break down. 

I don't consider any of these titles to be indicative of skill or prestige, and will not unless some visible effort is made to punish match manipulation. 

The whole system is kinda kitten, considering that the 1 place is RNG (which you can see in the Death match leaderboard where people on the same team have different ratings), the spots over 50 being more about Meta gaming the system and not playing the game and requiring ridiculous win rates just to stay at the same position at some point for most people you get a pointless Leaderboard. 
The funny part is that the META gaming the leaderboard affects everyone, so it is not restricted to the wackadoos that do it but everyone that plays the game for fun. Combination with this and the fact that new people start at Gold 2, as a casual long term player somewhere in Platinum you get to experience all the annoying people from noobs to leaderboard nutjobs, which funnily enough act the same. So most people will drop the game when they hit the churn point where you deal with both supper noob games and hyper AT games when you roll the dice on the next queue. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This.
Having score 121:14 literally screams that something weird is going on, yet ANet does not care even if people are blatantly abusing the system.
It's hilarious and embarrassing at the same time how little they care. 🤡

"pride in our work" my as s

Edited by Greyrat.2378
  • Thanks 1

This is what most people do forget about - as already mentioned above: There are minimum matches required. I just don't know if they change per day into the season ... or if it is based on the whole matches played (some average amount calculated from there) ...

but personally I tend to pass the required amount early (not super fast though - I only play 3-4 matches each day) ... then at the end of the season (in normal season, not mini season) staying below it. I only play until I complete the last chest. Then only one patch per day at most ... to do it onece more (repeatable). And for the daily 2g if needed.

So to be in the leaderboards even at the end of the season (interesting even for people that try to estimate the playerbase with this ... when sometimes people notice that the 250th guy is gold only  and gold is enough to get there) you'd need to play for fare more than rewards only. To estimate the playerbase it is probably best to try it like 2 weeks after a main season started or so.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

This is why PvP will always be a joke in GW2. It's not the wonky balance or the cheese, that's always been there, it's the poor to no enforcement of fair play.

Can you imagine if you were playing a friendly sports game with your peers and it's fun so you then decide to have a friendly competition but a couple decide to cheat and it's very obvious rules have and are being broken but the referee does nothing? You'd be pissed off and not want to play with any of them or the referee again.

Then you also find out the referee meets up with some of them to chat about how to improve the competition, offers them sponsorship and keeps turning a blind eye to their antics.

The best part is I hear these titles are being sold for real money, yes, people are paying real money and it's not a small amount either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Nightcore.5621 changed the title to Leaderboad when is so obvious ..
On 5/2/2023 at 12:15 PM, Adonaj.7932 said:

whole top 3 of eu ladder are wintraders for sure. i mean thats why spvp here is not popular. Anet just doesnt care about this game mode. Thats why wow is superior in some ways still. 

Ppl calling boyce and drazeh wintraders now?  Lol..its not like they push solo past 1700. Not weird that they go 1800+ when they duoq.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, StefanB.4928 said:

He said EU..

Ok, maybe you're right about those 2. But are you going to deny that everybody in the top 10 is legit. I'm talking about season past. Come on now, there're videos of cheaters getting caught cheating. What is the point of even having a ranked system or a report system that doesn't work? The average queue is about 5 minutes or more, depending on your rating.... imagine just waiting for your 5 minute queue so you can get cheated on. It would make anybody not want to play the game.

Edited by TheBigPlay.7504

1 hour ago, StefanB.4928 said:

Ppl calling boyce and drazeh wintraders now?  Lol..its not like they push solo past 1700. Not weird that they go 1800+ when they duoq.

i'm not calling Boyce wintrader. im calling ppl in top 3 with 10:1 winrate. Do you think it is possible to do 10:1 ratio without wintrade?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The leaderboard will change if they stop plat bwing able to wue with silver. Most of my games where i get a d.c or afk throws will happen with same accounts for whole evenings then next day they quing with a leg player and playing that lvl. Make a duo que braket 100 difference.

And i aint even angry at them for useing everything to win. I am angry at anet for not having things in place.

Edited by Goldilock.2584
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Adonaj.7932 said:

i'm not calling Boyce wintrader. im calling ppl in top 3 with 10:1 winrate. Do you think it is possible to do 10:1 ratio without wintrade?

yes, if you are very good, and you have very good duo, and all the competition is avoiding you then you can def get 90% winrate.
but what CAN be done and what IS being done is very different 😄

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, StefanB.4928 said:

Top 1 is defo duoq with drazeh and draz tanked rating to let the other guy get top1, what prevents draz and this guy from wintrading (especially, if money are likely to be involved)? 

Top 3 is just a topkek.

• Sad 1

On 5/3/2023 at 9:52 PM, Adonaj.7932 said:

There are a few that can, drazeh and boyce being two of them. U see them win 70+% as solo on stream....not hard to imagine to see them win 90% with a good duo partner.