connection to login server lost ... [Merged]

I am still  getting  the  error  and i could barely get  my   charactor  loaded  in auric basin   took forever to  load in  but  still getting the  pop up  and  such    very consitantly  im just gonna   relax  from playing till    the fix is  really done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please look at this FAQ: Network Connection FAQ – Guild Wars 2 Support

All errors described are connectivity issues. So something between you and the game servers is broken or not functioning correctly.

And to add a FAQ of my own:
My home internet works fine and I have no issues other games, how can it not be Arenanet's fault??

Imagine this as a network of roads. You look out of your window and everything about the road looks fine. You go to your parents. It goes well and smooth. You go to the shops for groceries and the drive there is very smooth. Then you go to your grandmom's house and the highway bridge is out. All traffic has to go around over a small country road and then over a tiny ferry that can handle 6 cars at a time. The delay is atleast 5 hours!

Now, is this the wrongdoing of your grandmom? or the organisation taking care of the bridge?

Only if the issue is with your grandmom's driveway or maybe the roads in the immediate vicinity of her home, you could blaime it on her.

Same goes here. Now how to know wether or not it is Arenanet's driveway or the immediate vicinity of their datacenter? Simple. If it was an issue there, this forum would be crawling with complaints. I'm not saying it is just you either (check again the example of the bridge being out, more people coming from your location to you grandmom's will suffer this), but the majority seems to be enjoying the game with no issues.

Now this is out of the way. It would be helpfull to tell more about the route your taking, specially your originating adress. No not your details, but something Like: British Telecom in London area of the UK.  Also it helps to contact support. Eventhough they can not help you in these situations directly, they can help you in troubleshooting and in some cases by contacting the bridge owner to complain about this from their end (which often is more impressive to them).

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Still not working, code 42 every time I try to queue for spvp, which seems to stall or freeze the UI.  During boot up of the game it ran into "network error...retrying" that eventually let me in to the char select screen.  But trying to queue I just get "you have been removed from matchmaking and tournaments".  If I don't see the code 42, sometimes it will work and just take too long to let me zone into the spvp map.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

If it was an issue there, this forum would be crawling with complaints.

Worth mentioning players have to be able to connect to the forum for that, because :

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

Oops!
Something went wrong. Please try again.

5 minutes ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

All errors described are connectivity issues. So something between you and the game servers is broken or not functioning correctly.

And to add a FAQ of my own:
My home internet works fine and I have no issues other games, how can it not be Arenanet's fault??

Imagine this as a network of roads. You look out of your window and everything about the road looks fine. You go to your parents. It goes well and smooth. You go to the shops for groceries and the drive there is very smooth. Then you go to your grandmom's house and the highway bridge is out. All traffic has to go around over a small country road and then over a tiny ferry that can handle 6 cars at a time. The delay is atleast 5 hours!

Now, is this the wrongdoing of your grandmom? or the organisation taking care of the bridge?

Only if the issue is with your grandmom's driveway or maybe the roads in the immediate vicinity of her home, you could blaime it on her.

Same goes here. Now how to know wether or not it is Arenanet's driveway or the immediate vicinity of their datacenter? Simple. If it was an issue there, this forum would be crawling with complaints. I'm not saying it is just you either (check again the example of the bridge being out, more people coming from your location to you grandmom's will suffer this), but the majority seems to be enjoying the game with no issues.

Now this is out of the way. It would be helpfull to tell more about the route your taking, specially your originating adress. No not your details, but something Like: British Telecom in London area of the UK.  Also it helps to contact support. Eventhough they can not help you in these situations directly, they can help you in troubleshooting and in some cases by contacting the bridge owner to complain about this from their end (which often is more impressive to them).

Dude, the forum is crawling with complaints on this, so is social media, so is in-game chat. Why be so condescending with an issue that is clearly being caused by a recent update to a huge number of players?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Trading post awefully slow or passing an error. 
It was perfect before the attempted chromium update.

Now it is a pain to sell stuff. It needs nearly half an hour to sell stuff from a farming run because of the laggy and slow error throwing mess the trading post is now.

TPing to a waypoint sometimes leads to an endless loading screen. I needed to use TP to friend in the end to get into the map by time to make it to a meta event. Other players reported the same problem.
Something really went wrong with that recent patch. 
Sheesh...

Edited by Ravenhunt.2735
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey all, you should see an improvement in this issue now! 

Not so fast!   There is no improvement at all, it's worse than yesterday actually. Just inside the home instance at DR I got 4 pop ups for error code 42, once every 20-30 seconds.

Edited by Neurion.4086
  • Like 3

I am litterly spammed with this message at the moment.

Nothing wrong with the game, gameplay is fine, but this message is a showstopper.

This is one of the few messages you cannot dismis with enter. You HAVE to click it with your mouse. Which, for a Handicapped player like me, that locks his mouse, means that I need to stop playing and click this away.

Already died twice in 2 events due to this spam message. PLEASE take care of it. 

If it is hard to get rid of this message, then please reconsider the interaction we have with this message.

It makes me stop playing the game, if it happens this fast (worse was just now, 4 popups after clicking away, instantly returning)

Simply put, I cannot play the game right now

• Like 4

I also keep constantly getting an in-game popup and an error about being unable to reach the log-in server, everything seems to work as usual, but the error message keeps popping up constantly.

I'd be very happy to hear a solution for getting rid of this error. 👍

Edited by jussi.8139

Same here but for me, well... yesterday i had some lag spikes that reached 4700 ping but now, error keeps appearing on changing maps or after a cinematic. It's weird that this exact variant is not in the list of variants for 42 error code in support page and it appeared right after patch yesterday.

Edited by Achraf Hidouri.8029

2 hours ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

Give me a break. This error is being reported by a lot of people so it is on THEIR end, not ours. Furthermore, I and the others had zero issues before the patch hit and now have the problems. To try and claim it is something to do with our networks when it was working right before the patch is absurd and defies any form of logic. 

I'll never ever understand why some people always defend companies for their screw ups and try and gaslight that the user/consumer is to blame. It's stunning.

The fact is, this recent update borked this game big time in various ways and hopefully Anet fixes it all today or tomorrow at the latest. At least they fixed the event timers and the crafting discovery issues yesterday. I personally think they should be a bit embarrassed at how broken it was from the patch (doesn't anyone in the gaming industry play test their games anymore?) but that's just me since I take pride in the work I do and feel horrible when I screw up, especially when my screw up impacts others. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 2

Lol. I couldn't even log into this site. Took 3 ties before it wasn't timed out.

Your log in server is garbage. Has been for months, but lately the game is unplayable at times. Using the auction house is a waste of time.

Fix your stuff or people will be moving on. This is unacceptable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also: I tried to submit a ticket, but I cannot because YOUR DIRECTIONS ARE WRONG.

I shouldn't need a FREAKING COMPUTER SCIENCE DEGREE to play a freaking GAME! If that's going to be a prereq, LIST IT on your freaking requirements along w/ the hardware info!

No. Clicking on the 'Start' button does NOT bring up anything that says 'Run'. Therefore I cannot run an DXDIAG. Therefore I cannot attach one. Therefore I cannot submit a ticket because no one has updated the directions for current version of Windows.

GAH! >/

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This will happen when it can't connect or download one of the files. The primary server is currently randomly throwing 502 errors, which the CDN is caching as OK responses for whatever reason, making it worse.

You can test it by accessing:

http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com/latest64/101
(it should be a simple text page with numbers)

For comparison, the primary server:

http://origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com/latest64/101

Restart GW2 a few times and it'll probably work. If not, worst case, you can use the primary server.

Just now, Snapdragyn.1238 said:

Clicking on the 'Start' button does NOT bring up anything that says 'Run'.

Right click it, or press WindowsKey+R.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1