WvW Legendary Armor Appearance(s)

45 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

yeah just get kicked for a mistake fun fun

lfg expierenced only after raid a week out all that fun

2 k kp no gate keep at all

there is a reason raids are a dead game mode but stay delusional 

Put down your tin foil hat for a minute and read with understanding. No one can kick you from your own squad. Want no kp run? Make your own LFG, you have the same right to do it just as others have the right to ask 2k kp (never seen anyone asking for that many tho, avarage is 20-30kp which is like 4-10 kills). As for raids being dead... well guess I do weekly pug clears with ghosts. Check my kp.me for proof if you do not belive. For me it's the opposite of being dead. Hell even my guild full of newbies started to raid not too long ago and is able to clear few wings a week. But no, you are held hostage by non existing ppls living only in your head. 

Nice to be delusional tho. I guess me and my casual guildies with a one year old accounts are only imagining our shiny lege armors. If so than you might give it a try too. Fly over toxic gatekeepers on the wings of delusion with us love.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Facts that are only compounded by it being the least rewarding game mode.

While this might somewhat be true, once you have unlocked all rewards WvW has to offer from its reward tracks, the fun factor mostly depends on your server choice.

When I was playing frequently, I didn't find the legendary armor acquisition too grindy. It felt like I got all three sets in a relatively short amount of time.

When you don't have fun or your server isn't very active at your preferred hours, it will feel a lot more like a boring grind.

Fortunately, WvW rewards will be altered soon, so hopefully the new rewards will be worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Put down your tin foil hat for a minute and read with understanding. No one can kick you from your own squad. Want no kp run? Make your own LFG, you have the same right to do it just as others have the right to ask 2k kp (never seen anyone asking for that many tho, avarage is 20-30kp which is like 4-10 kills). As for raids being dead... well guess I do weekly pug clears with ghosts. Check my kp.me for proof if you do not belive. For me it's the opposite of being dead. Hell even my guild full of newbies started to raid not too long ago and is able to clear few wings a week. But no, you are held hostage by non existing ppls living only in your head. 

Nice to be delusional tho. I guess me and my casual guildies with a one year old accounts are only imagining our shiny lege armors. If so than you might give it a try too. Fly over toxic gatekeepers on the wings of delusion with us love.

Does this means that we shape the Trainign LFG in our image ? Can  we ask an auto-lfg , like the other games ?
(ofc the "experienced tab" will remain the same , for sellers + old Raiders)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 11

On 5/13/2023 at 8:07 PM, Mardomus.6984 said:

The WvW Legendary Armor Appearance and the Mistforged appearance are very lack luster compared to the raid one(s).I haven't seen anyone write about this, or maybe I've glossed over it, but I would like for the Devs/Artist to take a look at the WvW Legendary Armor Appearance, and give it the same treatment as the PvE raid one. Unless, the WvW Legendary Armor look is supposed to look like that due to it being PvP focused? I hope that isn't the case, since the WvW Trinket and Backpiece looks amazing as a Legendary.  For those who've already received the Legendary WvW Armor, can get it from the Skirmish Supervisor (Skirmish Merchant) for free in a different tab.  

Actually being around when WvW leggo gear was just a concept. It is suppose to be like it is. The idea was we traded cosmetics just to be able to acquire Leggo gear in WvW and avoid the PvE raiding. The incentive for people to raid was the functionality and the cosmetics. You would need to go back 2 or 3 versions of the forums to get to those discussion threads but yeah this has been brought up many times over the years and this was the design/trade off idea behind it being less shiny. 

• Like 1

The Raid ones are lackluster too and downright offensive in Medium's case since they intentionally meme'd on us with it. Raid Heavy is decent if you're into that and hate dyes, and so are the light gloves/shoulders, otherwise they're just for stat swapping~etc and will be reskinned. Spvp Medium Chest even without the flashy upgrade is better than all others cuz no ugly buttcape or weird fat-thigh plates.

I personally like a lot more casual looking armor, or no armor XD, which is why The Secret World still has my favorite 'armor' design/system out of any MMO, rest it's soul... Don't need the excessive flashyness with armor. I'm not even the kinda person who uses a PC and Desk covered in RGB christmas lights. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

yeah just get kicked for a mistake fun fun

lfg expierenced only after raid a week out all that fun

2 k kp no gate keep at all

Sure, there were only "experienced only" groups with 45678 kp required, while now there's plenty of low/no-req groups in lfg (and that's not even talking about you having a possbility to make your own squad at any time just like anyone else) 🤔
You truly look like someone who never even tried actively participating, but just defaulted into making up an excuse.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Does this means that we shape the Trainign LFG in our image ? Can  we ask an auto-lfg , like the other games ?
(ofc the "experienced tab" will remain the same , for sellers + old Raiders)

The amount of confused reactions should already suffice for an answer, but since I am waiting for my RAID w3 no kp training run to fill up anyways, I'll humor you.

You can shape not only Training LFG, you can shape any LFG to your preferences. If you create LFG that asks for everyone to wear maid outfit, than you can give reasonable kick to anyone that joins but refuse to meet the conditions you have set, and this will be fair.

For Auto-LFG, well you can certainly ask, and you actually did so more times than I can count, (so you may kinda risk a warn from administration I think btw) and ppls already answered you in other threads why this idea is pointless with arguments that even a newborn would've understand. So... well you may hope for it but theres like 99,999999% chances that this won't happen, and you don't have to be Asura to know that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

No no no. Supposedly it took more effort, Time and energy to make PvE armor. We second class citizens in PvP and world vs world SHOULD thank our lucky stars the devs graced us with Leggy armor at all.....

Nevermind that it takes longer. Requires more expensive materials and above all you can't just buy PvP and WvW runs...

But ya, PvE deserves so very much more! Just be happy to take scraps and move on! 

Maybe in a few more years after vanilla gw1 is released they'll get to us!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

The amount of confused reactions should already suffice for an answer, but since I am waiting for my RAID w3 no kp training run to fill up anyways, I'll humor you.

You can shape not only Training LFG, you can shape any LFG to your preferences. If you create LFG that asks for everyone to wear maid outfit, than you can give reasonable kick to anyone that joins but refuse to meet the conditions you have set, and this will be fair.

For Auto-LFG, well you can certainly ask, and you actually did so more times than I can count, (so you may kinda risk a warn from administration I think btw) and ppls already answered you in other threads why this idea is pointless with arguments that even a newborn would've understand. So... well you may hope for it but theres like 99,999999% chances that this won't happen, and you don't have to be Asura to know that. 

Ok

So we dont allowed faster aquition or better look for the WvW set . And we dont need to ask an alternative way to play our mode (auto-lfg) , without affecting the Expiriancd Tab

(plz don't report me any more , i have a kind soul and it hurts 😛)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Ok

Report you? I have never reported you. I just tried to give you an advice since your threads about Auto-LFG were kind of repetitive back in the days. And I belive that making multiple threads on the same topic is against the forum laws.

Edit: Also you meant sensitive soul, not kind. Kind means good, sensitive means vulnerable to harm. Really get that dictionary mate. >:d

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Ok

So we are not allowed faster acquisition or better look for the WvW set . And we dont need to ask for an alternative way to play our mode (auto-lfg) , without affecting the Expiriancd Tab

I never said anything about faster acquisition nor the better look for wvw set. Dunno why you think I did. I may be in minority but I actually like how the medium WvW set looks and I am using it over my Raid medium chest. Soo you are allowed to ask for that skin but in my opinion theres no need for it. When it comes to acquisition time, I think it's also fine since all you need to do basicly is to flip camps for x amount of time. 

As for auto lfg I already said. You are allowed to ask for it but you already did so many times to no avail. And I warned you that if you plan to post yet another thread about it, make sure that it won't violate some forum laws. 

Edit. kitten, I would even have it the other way around when it comes to skin. For raid one to not have animation and stay in it's non combat form. But as opposed to you, I know when things are impossible or pointless to ask for, so instead I asked for a toggle. 

Edit 2 corrected your post for you. Xd

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Edit. kitten, I would even have it the other way around when it comes to skin. For raid one to not have animation and stay in it's non combat form. But as opposed to you, I know when things are impossible or pointless to ask for, so instead I asked for a toggle.

Again, it's not about one set being animated when another is not. Legendary WvW armor skin just plain does not exist. What you're using is a medium ascended skin. You do not need to craft the legendary armor at all to obtain it.

In short, it's a matter of having a choice - Raiders can use their legendary skin, or, if they dislike it, can reskin it to something else. WvWers however do not get that choice - there's no legendary skin for them to like or dislike, they have to make do with reskin regardless of their preferences.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Again, it's not about one set being animated when another is not. Legendary WvW armor skin just plain does not exist. What you're using is a medium ascended skin. You do not need to craft the legendary armor at all to obtain it.

In short, it's a matter of having a choice - Raiders can use their legendary skin, or, if they dislike it, can reskin it to something else. WvWers however do not get that choice - there's no legendary skin for them to like or dislike, they have to make do with reskin regardless of their preferences.

If you want the legendary skin go play raids. I first crafted the WvW heavy legendary armor but still wanted the animated skin, so I crafted the legendary heavy PvE armor. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

If you want the legendary skin go play raids. I first crafted the WvW heavy legendary armor but still wanted the animated skin, so I crafted the legendary heavy PvE armor. 

Yes, that's precisely the point of this thread. That out of 3 legendary armors only raid one is seemingly worthy of having a skin. Despite raids being the only abandoned content out of those 3 paths.

Hint: Pointing out the issue is not the solution to it.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, that's exactly precisely the point of this thread. That out of 3 legendary armors only raid one is seemingly worthy of having a skin. Despite raids being the only abandoned content out of those 3 paths.

Not every legendary armor has to have a unique skin. Legendary armor is more about the QoL. 
Again, you want the animated skin? Do what is required. 
It doesn’t matter what content is abandoned, you can still play raids, right? And PvP seems pretty abandoned to me. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Not every legendary armor has to have a unique skin. Legendary armor is more about the QoL.

On the contrary. Originally, vanity was the only purpose of legendary gear. QoL was only added later. And even though QoL does play an important part, it's definitely not all that legendaries are. To this day, vanity is a very strong component in players' pursuit of legendaries. And out of ~80 legendary items in existence only those two sets are an exception, having no unique visuals attached to them.

Hint: if visuals were so unimportant, Raiders would not be so strogly defending the uniqueness of Envoy set, and would not be so adamant in arguing against WvW and SPvP sets getting their own looks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

16 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

On the contrary. Originally, vanity was the only purpose of legendary gear. QoL was only added later. And even though QoL does play an important part, it's definitely not all that legendaries are. To this day, vanity is a very strong component in players' pursuit of legendaries. And out of ~80 legendary items in existence only those two sets are an exception, having no unique visuals attached to them.

Hint: if visuals were so unimportant, Raiders would not be so strogly defending the uniqueness of Envoy set, and would not be so adamant in arguing against WvW and SPvP sets getting their own looks.

The armory was added later but legendary armor had QoL features before that. So no, vanity was not the only purpose of legendary armor. 
Legendary runes and Sigils have unique visuals? 
I play a lot of WvW and do raid full clear every week, I have legendary armor sets from WvW and PvE, I don’t think the WvW and PvP armor need a unique skin. 
The animated skin of the PvE armor is a great motivation to play raids. No need to take that away. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

The animated skin of the PvE armor is a great motivation to play raids. No need to take that away. 

That's a bunk argument. You're saying that there's no need for a motivation to play SPvP and WvW, but there's a need for Raids - even though the development of raids is already cancelled, while WvW and SPvP are (officially, at least) still relevant? If anything, one would have thought it should be the exact opposite - supporting the still active modes and not one that has already been thrown into a dustbin.

Also, don't be disingenious. Noone is trying to take Envoy armor away from raids. What we're talking is giving WvW and SPvP their own unique looks. And we're not even talking about that unique look having to necessarily be animated. Just unique, with legendary-tier auras and effects attached. Surely, that's not too much to ask? Unless you have something against those two modes and think they do not deserve to be supported by Anet? Not worthy (for some reason) of having their own legendary looks?

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Emm. So it's about quantity now? WvW armor comes out even better than. Triumphant armor aka WvW lege, have 3 tiers, 3 sets of armor + sublimed version of the chest on the top of that. PvE raid armor have 3 sets of armor, don't have the sublime version of the chest + you have to craft legendary tier to unlock last set. WvW have all skins without the need to even bother with crafting legendary. Sooo... ???

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I usually don't care too much about skins since I play mainly Charrs and have given up on finding decent clothes for them, and I usually hide all those ugly skirts with outfits that look decent. But that being said, I just finished my first legendary armor set; and since I play mostly WvW, it was the heavy WvW set; and I had to re-skin every piece of armor because I couldn't stand the look of it on the rare occasions I see it when I'm in the hero menu 😞

Legendary Ugliness.

My usual outfit: https://i.postimg.cc/02CjC298/gw212.jpg

The legendary ...awesomeness: https://i.postimg.cc/Kvb4LgSq/gw211.jpg

The bearable reskinning: https://i.postimg.cc/RCKNNL8J/gw213.jpg

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's a bunk argument. You're saying that there's no need for a motivation to play SPvP and WvW, but there's a need for Raids - even though the development of raids is already cancelled, while WvW and SPvP are (officially, at least) still relevant? If anything, one would have thought it should be the exact opposite - supporting the still active modes and not one that has already been thrown into a dustbin.

Raids are still relevant, you can still play them, right? Canceled development doesn’t make them not relevant anymore. They are very much relevant if you want the unique skin. 
There is still a very active raiding community. I would say it is way more active than the PvP community. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I usually don't care too much about skins since I play mainly Charrs and have given up on finding decent clothes for them, and I usually re-skin all those ugly skirts with outfits that look decent. But that being said, I just finished my first legendary armor set; and since I play mostly WvW, it was the heavy WvW set; and I had to re-skin every piece of armor because I couldn't stand the look of it on the rare occasions I see it when I'm in the hero menu 😞

Legendary Ugliness.

My usual outfit: https://i.postimg.cc/02CjC298/gw212.jpg

The legendary ...awesomeness: https://i.postimg.cc/Kvb4LgSq/gw211.jpg

The bearable overskinning: https://i.postimg.cc/RCKNNL8J/gw213.jpg

I get you sister. I main charr as well. Leather tho. If I would be able to wear heavy I would probably always have racial t3 on. I love it. ^^

Anyways remember that even tho, we charrs have it hard, the gold will always shine more throu dung. xd ❤️

3 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Raids are still relevant, you can still play them, right? Canceled development doesn’t make them not relevant anymore. They are very much relevant if you want the unique skin. 

Actually, no. They got cancelled exactly because they weren't relevant enough. Even with the monopoly on legendary armor skin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1