WvW Legendary Armor Appearance(s)

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Actually, no. They got cancelled exactly because they weren't relevant enough. Even with the monopoly on legendary armor skin.

Still, the lfg is full with groups, there are many raid training groups and statics. The raid section in lfg is the most active, at least on EU. You have absolutely no issues finding a group. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Still, the lfg is full with groups, there are many raid training groups and statics. The raid section in lfg is the most active, at least on EU. You have absolutely no issues finding a group. 

Let me put it in context. A single map meta, or a single mid to high tier WvW server has enough players active to match the raid LFG section at any single moment, except maybe for raid reset day, in which case you'd need 2-3 metas, 2-3 mid tier WvW servers or 1-2 T1 ones. It may seem active to you, but it is still a very, very small pond in a very, very big world.

Which is irrelevant to the issue at hand, btw. The real question is: do you think that WvW and/or SPvP do not deserve to have their players be "motivated with legendary armor skin"? That only raids do? If so, why?

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Let me put it in context. A single map meta, or a single mid to high tier WvW server has enough players active to match the raid LFG section at any single moment, except maybe for raid reset day, in which case you'd need 2-3 metas, 2-3 mid tier WvW servers or 1-2 T1 ones. It may seem active to you, but it is still a very, very small pond in a very, very big world.

To the LFG section you have to count the static and training groups who don’t use the LFG. My group for example never uses LFG. I am not saying that the raiding community is the biggest in the game but it is very far from being dead even though raids are not developed any longer. 
But all that is still no reason to change the WvW and PvP legendary armor skins. And thankfully it is very unlikely that they are going to do that. There really are more important issues in the game. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

But all that is still no reason to change the WvW and PvP legendary armor skins. And thankfully it is very unlikely that they are going to do that. There really are more important issues in the game. 

This! 

I mean both modes have 3 sets. Plus WvW have additional chest skin, Sublime one. PLUS, WvW do not have to craft legendary to get all this skins if someone cares only about the skin.

So I too think there are way more important things to do with the game. And if they really want WvW and PvE armors to be equal than let anet make tier 3 of the triumphant armor unlock only after crafting the actual lege tier.

Imaginr this sweet squeal on the forums than. xDDDD

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

So, you do think SPvP and WvW do not deserve their own legendary skin.

This is not about what I think what WvW and PvP deserve. But yes, I do think that and I got one legendary armor set in PvP and two in WvW and a second heavy armor set in PvE. In WvW you can basically just flip camps, in PvP you can lose every game, you still get the armor. 
I think it’s good that both game modes have their legendary armor sets but it’s fair that the PvE armor is the only one with a unique skin. 
And Anet seems to think that as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

So, you do think SPvP and WvW do not deserve their own legendary skin.

Both modes have the same amount of sets and as you said it yourself, you do not even need to craft actual lege to get WvW skin. (Which is somehow a bad thing for you). Also you said... 

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Again, it's not about one set being animated when another is not. 

Both armor have glowing bits, and aestheticly it comes to the player which one someone likes more. 

So what is it that you want? Even more armor sets for WvW lege path? Will we get another set into PvE lege path than?

I am fine with anet adding full armor skins to obtain, but I would like to get them throu new content, like incomming living world, or some new exciting WvW achivments. Not getting to the old stuff.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

This is not about what I think what WvW and PvP deserve. But yes, I do think that and I got one legendary armor set in PvP and two in WvW and a second heavy armor set in PvE. In WvW you can basically just flip camps, in PvP you can lose every game, you still get the armor. 
I think it’s good that both game modes have their legendary armor sets but it’s fair that the PvE armor is the only one with a unique skin. 
And Anet seems to think that as well. 

Can't you get the pve armor with emboldened mode now though? Sure it will take a while, but so will the spvp one if you are only losing and the wvw armor will anyway take a long while.

Not trying to participate in the discussion, just wondering at the logic of this. Maybe it was true before (though the statement implies raiding will be difficult, while all the raiders are going "just make your own group, its easy") but now?

• Confused 3

On 5/13/2023 at 8:07 PM, Mardomus.6984 said:

The WvW Legendary Armor Appearance and the Mistforged appearance are very lack luster compared to the raid one(s).I haven't seen anyone write about this, or maybe I've glossed over it, but I would like for the Devs/Artist to take a look at the WvW Legendary Armor Appearance, and give it the same treatment as the PvE raid one. Unless, the WvW Legendary Armor look is supposed to look like that due to it being PvP focused? I hope that isn't the case, since the WvW Trinket and Backpiece looks amazing as a Legendary.  For those who've already received the Legendary WvW Armor, can get it from the Skirmish Supervisor (Skirmish Merchant) for free in a different tab.  

raids as always is most loved game mode and gets the best gear. they should have balanced this and gave each mode unique gear, but prolly after the first child they could care less about making new things for other ones. they should just duped raid gear for pvp and wvw. instead pvp and wvw look like pooh comparably.

I only bothered to make legendary chest for wvw since the rest looks like pooh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

On 5/13/2023 at 8:25 PM, Einsof.1457 said:

I have a solution to your problem. You should raid if you want the raid set. 

i dont only want the raid set. i want all sets to be unique so i can collect all 3 - just like leg back packs!!!

eidt: worthy enough to collect because they are purdy and not poohey

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

On 5/13/2023 at 9:33 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The Devs stated they would not be creating any more 'animated' Legendary Armors.  The PvE set took more than 2 years, and was nothing more than a headache. 

then they should have duped the set for pvp and wvw. problem solved. easy mode for anet.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 7

On 5/14/2023 at 12:05 AM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

when they first released the legendary (PvE) armor (which was supposed to be the only legendary armor), the self-entitled raid crowd did nothing but complain (because of how it looked or because it didn't match their fanfiction) and even bashed the people who worked on it, so in a move out of sheer spite, the developers released the legendary WvW and PvP armor as revenge, stripping the raid crow of their privilege of being the only ones with a legendary armor.
however, to avoid the same problem, they took the suggestion of some players and created the legendary version but without changing the appearance (the PvP armor kinda looks better but still the same armor).

I do agree that the WvW skin isn't the prettiest, but most people will transmute it eventually, even if the design was the most impressive ever, so why bother?

all i want are effects really. let us transmute leg gear but opt to keep their effects! like glowyness, swooshyness. lol

• Confused 7

i started on making leg armor then realized its easier to switch out non leg armor quickly then take time to reset all the runes and sigils. so i havent bothered  making a full set. prolly never will. really need more template things, but aint wasting money on that.

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Both armor have glowing bits, and aestheticly it comes to the player which one someone likes more. 

Why not switch the set aquizition with each expansion  ?

Imagine if the next expanion  in WvW you could spent "new currency-points" to unlock the Raid one from the vendor or transform it to the "old tickets" system to unlock the old WvW set (because people would whine about wanted that set).

Spoiler

Then the PvP will get the option in the 2nd expanion (this is most likely the the OW will prefer to join Raid (to gain the Raid or PvP set) , rather than  forced to diactivate the "pvp chat"

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

So what is it that you want? Even more armor sets for WvW lege path? Will we get another set into PvE lege path than?

I am fine with anet adding full armor skins to obtain, but I would like to get them throu new content, like incomming living world, or some new exciting WvW achivments. Not getting to the old stuff.

I wouldnt say no to an n OW Legendary Armor

Spoiler

(anything really that will hurt raid sellers , i am with you . They where taught the tricks and now they are kinda out of control , so we can have "nice things" to progress the game...and they will keep teaching the next generation...further devolving and in the endand electing President Camacho  )

Spoiler

If further gear progression is needed , then sets that are too grindy , but offer a free random gemstore item with the start of the next expanion (every 1,5 -2 years) , could be an option

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

On the contrary. Originally, vanity was the only purpose of legendary gear.

How does it matter "what it was originally" when not only changes had to be made to the whole tier -repeatedly- in order to make it worth acquiring, but also not a single part of legendary armor was in the game before legendary items stopped being "what they originally were"?

As for the legendary skin, it depends how you look at it. Consider the possibility of it going the other way, which would be downgrading the ascended visuals and leaving the current one as legendaries. That would make you feel those sets have legendary skins now because it wouldn't be possbile to acquire them easier by purchasing lower tier armor?

1 hour ago, Kelly.7019 said:

i dont only want the raid set. i want all sets to be unique so i can collect all 3 - just like leg back packs!!!

then they should have duped the set for pvp and wvw. problem solved. easy mode for anet.

"I want 3 unique skin sets like backpacks, but they should have just copy-pasted that one set appearance into the other ones!"

Yup... totally checks out. It gets even better when in yet another post you write this:

so i havent bothered  making a full set. prolly never will.

You're saying you probably never will make a set (single set) 2 posts after you claimed you'd want to go for 9 sets for the skins? 🤨 At this point, you're just saying stuff.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Why not switch the set aquizition with each expansion  ?

Imagine if the next expanion  in WvW you could spent "new currency-points" to unlock the Raid one from the vendor or transform it to the "old tickets" system to unlock the old WvW set (because people would whine about wanted that set).

Reveal hidden contents

Then the PvP will get the option in the 2nd expanion (this is most likely the the OW will prefer to join Raid (to gain the Raid or PvP set) , rather than  forced to diactivate the "pvp chat"

I wouldnt say no to an n OW Legendary Armor

Reveal hidden contents

(anything really that will hurt raid sellers , i am with you . They where taught the tricks and now they are kinda out of control , so we can have "nice things" to progress the game...and they will keep teaching the next generation...further devolving and in the endand electing President Camacho  )

Reveal hidden contents

If further gear progression is needed , then sets that are too grindy , but offer a free random gemstore item with the start of the next expanion (every 1,5 -2 years) , could be an option

#1  Becouse to unlock legendary skind for PvP and WvW you only need to buy ascended pieces, for PvE one you have to craft whole legendary. Apart from that there is a matter that this skins were created to lure players to the certain game mode. WvW sublime skin lured me into WvW and I fell in love with this mode, so I really doubt Anet would make a mistake to allow this armor to be acquired anywhere else than WvW.

#2 OW armor, won't happen becouse it already exist as PvE armor which require both OW and Raids, you can play your broken record as much as you want, (watch what I wrote you about Auto-LFG, same thing applies here), but I really doubt Anet will create another legendary armor, and even if they would plan it, it would probably be created for some more demanding content than OW. Also you can acquire 90% of the skins, stuff, leges playing OW anyways, so there is no need to add even more lure there just becouse you wish for lege armor easy access. xd

#3 Raid sellers are annoying, I know that, but thats not related to the topic of this discussion. Play this broken record elswhere.

#4 Gem Store items, are the way for Anet to make money. Every time you wish to get freebies from it, you wish to harm the game, imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well people wants differently looks for their WvW set , but the usual people  (raiders) say the usual "no".

Corrected for you 😛

What diffrent looks for WvW set? From PvE lege? No one is saying no, if you want it, than go for it. Get Raid set and reskin your WvW one, (as pointless as it would be). The only one who is saying "no" is You dear. And you say it to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Biziut.3594 said:

#2 OW armor, won't happen becouse it already exist as PvE armor which require both OW and Raids, you can play your broken record as much as you want, (watch what I wrote you about Auto-LFG, same thing applies here), but I really doubt Anet will create another legendary armor, and even if they would plan it, it would probably be created for some more demanding content than OW. Also you can acquire 90% of the skins, stuff, leges playing OW anyways, so there is no need to add even more lure there just becouse you wish for lege armor easy access. xd

Ah because you said that you prefer he company to create new Sets for the next Living story , rather that give a more good looking WvW sets .

So no new visual look for the WvW set or new for the Living story then , mister Raider :P

• Confused 7

Great, you can read my post, too bad you haven't read it whole. Becouse I said I would like to see new armor skins not only for living world but for WvW also. But not as legendaries, as normal skins hidden behind some nice and engaging quests/achivs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Great, you can read my post, too bad you haven't read it whole. Becouse I said I would like to see new armor skins not only for living world but for WvW also. But not as legendaries, as normal skins hidden behind some nice and engaging quests/achivs.

Ah when  Astra ask you why the WvW set is not animated , you told im that you prefer they release more armor skins for living stories.. (trying for the OW people to like you)

But they are skins , not Legendaries (double hookshot, so The WvW gear don't get animated and the OW dont get legendary  :P)

Sorry for the dirsturb , mister raider . We will catch up , later . We have 5 more years

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

On 5/13/2023 at 7:07 PM, Mardomus.6984 said:

The WvW Legendary Armor Appearance and the Mistforged appearance are very lack luster compared to the raid one(s).I haven't seen anyone write about this, or maybe I've glossed over it, but I would like for the Devs/Artist to take a look at the WvW Legendary Armor Appearance, and give it the same treatment as the PvE raid one. Unless, the WvW Legendary Armor look is supposed to look like that due to it being PvP focused? I hope that isn't the case, since the WvW Trinket and Backpiece looks amazing as a Legendary.  For those who've already received the Legendary WvW Armor, can get it from the Skirmish Supervisor (Skirmish Merchant) for free in a different tab.  

Its been a topic many times in various forms. I think the WvW mistforged is some of the nicest armor skins in the game and it has a version without the tentacles for those who want to hide them. That said, everyone is aware they dont take many dye colors very well which is on a list at anet of things that could use attention. Its just not a high priority.

The other, perhaps bigger issue which you seemed to touch on in your last sentence is that you can buy Mistforged armor skins without ever crafting legendary armor and when you upgrade wvw armor to legendary the skin doesnt change and you gain nothing beyond the ability to change stats and use it via the armory across the account. Meanwhile, if I do some raids and complete Envoy 1 and 2  collections I end up with 2 full sets of ascended armor 1 of which is a precursor set (upgradable) to make perfected envoy armor which when crafted provides the same benefit of stat swap + armory use, BUT ALSO gives you a new exclusive legendary skin set. Technically, the WvW armor doesn't have an exclusive legendary skin set. The only problem I have with this is that WvW mistforged skins have a purchase path that raid armor doesnt have which is inconsistent. Since it was all done before the armory its understandable, however, it continues to be an issue and IMO the 3 types of legendary armor and related procurement merchants should be normalized between them all. Either by providing a merchant to unlock perfected envoy skins once requirements are met that requires the same type of materials, etc OR by adding another skin set to the wvw and pvp sets that is exclusively available from upgrading ONLY like the perfected envoy skins presentltly are.

Mind you this response will probably get a bunch of neg. feedback or confused because the forum has some VERY active people who love to bash anything related to this topic. (I think its because they dont play much just post here and like to slow others progressions best they can *shrug* Im done w legendaries and dont play much now)

TY for posting I agree it could use some attention.

Here this was 2021-2022 (then locked by mod) the topic has had other very long threads.

On 5/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, Einsof.1457 said:

I have a solution to your problem. You should raid if you want the raid set. 

Agreed in that if People want the raid armor skins they should be required to do raids and complete all the collections, get the LI, prov tokens, etc.

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yep, that's exactly the level of "discussion" i was alluding to in my previous post. In the whole thread so far there was not even one serious argument against unique WvW/SPvP look yet. Only appeals to status quo, "go raiding", "lolnope" and pure ridicule. Those are some heavy arguments. No wonder Anet keeps listening to them.

Best community, by the way.

Well said *gave me a good chuckle cause what else can u do*

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 7

11 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's a bunk argument. You're saying that there's no need for a motivation to play SPvP and WvW, but there's a need for Raids - even though the development of raids is already cancelled, while WvW and SPvP are (officially, at least) still relevant? If anything, one would have thought it should be the exact opposite - supporting the still active modes and not one that has already been thrown into a dustbin.

Also, don't be disingenious. Noone is trying to take Envoy armor away from raids. What we're talking is giving WvW and SPvP their own unique looks. And we're not even talking about that unique look having to necessarily be animated. Just unique, with legendary-tier auras and effects attached. Surely, that's not too much to ask? Unless you have something against those two modes and think they do not deserve to be supported by Anet? Not worthy (for some reason) of having their own legendary looks?

You absolutely hit the nail on the head. Quite a large majority of PvE players dispise the PvP type of player. It's not a problem that's just focused on this game. Rather on MMO's as a whole. Infact if you look at SWTOR the PvE players were so toxic that they all but destroyed the PvP scene for that game, even though you had to actually create a character on an anything goes server or actually show up to illum.

I understand that PvP players get a stigma of bullies attached to them, but honestly PvP players are some of the most understanding and helpful people you will meet in games. We hardly ever gear check and if we do. We actually take the time to help gear up newer folks. PvE players are so toxic to new players that new players are always afraid to dip their toes into fractals or god forbid raids.....

So ya, that's 100% why you'll never drum up support for all 3 major modes having the same armors or even our own unique set of actual legendary looking armor.

Edited by patton the great.7126
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, patton the great.7126 said:

I understand that PvP players get a stigma of bullies attached to them, but honestly PvP players are some of the most understanding and helpful people you will meet in games. We hardly ever gear check and if we do. We actually take the time to help gear up newer folks. PvE players are so toxic to new players that new players are always afraid to dip their toes into fractals or god forbid raids.....

Welcome to reality.

Feel free to find a hundred more videos like this on youtube.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Thanks 2