Special Ops collection proves anet doesn't learn from past mistakes or doesn't value player time (:

22 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

If nothing else, Season 1 at least had a couple of fun missions (Old Lion's Arch, the fight on the Breachmaker), something I cannot say about Gyala.

They didn't bring back the Southsun part though, which I looked forward to the most, so that was pretty lame. It had a cool boss fight that would probably not be so laggy nowadays.

I hadn't looked at the Gyala armor grind yet since it's not something I'd wear. Imagine Southsun beach armor collection tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Trying to compare this to the sigil of nullification fiasco doesn't really work at all. There, anet introduced a collection designed to highlight the new rune/sigil crafting system, then released the collection despite the fact that the rune/sigil crafting system wasn't yet ready for release. Then after the predictable player outrage anet ignored player concerns and just pretended the issue didn't exist for weeks until the actual crafting system was ready for release.

Here, the collection and items were released simultaneously and will just as predictably reach an equilibrium . . .

1 hour ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Some people talk about bad drop rate, did they nerfed it at some point? 

Because we did the meta a bit with some guildes and everyone got like 1-2 box per meta, on average. It was quite a good drop rate, actually. 

Yes, it was nerfed few weeks after map release.

20 hours ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

Yes, it was nerfed few weeks after map release.

"a few weeks after map release"? What do you mean? The actual meta and the completed map and the special ops collection this thread is about were released last tuesday.

22 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Because we did the meta a bit with some guildes and everyone got like 1-2 box per meta, on average. It was quite a good drop rate, actually. 

You were just lucky, because others don't. I did the complete meta more than 10 times since the release last tuesday and did not get a single box.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 10:55 AM, Zok.4956 said:

"a few weeks after map release"? What do you mean? The actual meta and the completed map and the special ops collection this thread is about were released last tuesday.

You were just lucky, because others don't. I did the complete meta more than 10 times since the release last tuesday and did not get a single box.

No, you're wrong, the map is already few months old, it's from the precedent content update, not the actual. 

The boxes already dropped before, and in good quantity, like 1-2 per meta, and it wasn't just me. 

There is a reason why those box were at like 3-4gold before the update. 

24 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

No, you're wrong, the map is already few months old, it's from the precedent content update, not the actual.

Sute, a part of the map was released in a previous content episode. But there is no error in "The actual meta and the completed map and the special ops collection this thread is about were released last tuesday" - because that's what I wrote.

27 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

The boxes already dropped before, and in good quantity, like 1-2 per meta, and it wasn't just me. 

Well, then maybe there would have been more clarity if it had been said from the start that your/the experience happened before the last episode/update of last tuesday. The special ops collection  did not exist before last tuesday and the low droprate for the special ops collection is the topic of this thread. So this thread is clearly not about the droprate of a precedent content update but about the actual droprate.

39 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

Well, then maybe there would have been more clarity if it had been said from the start that your/the experience happened before the last episode/update of last tuesday. The special ops collection  did not exist before last tuesday and the low droprate for the special ops collection is the topic of this thread. So this thread is clearly not about the droprate of a precedent content update but about the actual droprate

You should reread the original post, it's about the luxon weapon boxes, who were already there on the last update, so I'm not off topic 🙂

And to be fair, I asked if they changed the drop rate at some point, and some said "yes, a few week after last update", and you were the one saying this map and content (so, the luxon boxes, not the collection) didn't exist until Tuesday, which was legitimately wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/26/2023 at 9:49 AM, Doggie.3184 said:

Imagine Southsun beach armor collection tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Leave to to Anet to still find a way to make a collection for two "armor" pieces (bikini top and bikini bra....or for men....well, why not both for men as well?) as long as any six armor piece collection.....

5 hours ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

Leave to to Anet to still find a way to make a collection for two "armor" pieces (bikini top and bikini bra....or for men....well, why not both for men as well?) as long as any six armor piece collection.....

Aint top and bra the same piece?

Yout meant top/bra and bottom I assume.

• Thanks 1

I don't mind collections but I'm sure it'll randomly toss me bills for tons of gold, which is annoying, so I haven't put much time/thought into it atm. I'm so used to it being the structure of things that I didn't even lookup if that's the case. Has someone completed it and tally'd up the price?

Edited by Doggie.3184

I think it's quite funny that there's another thread slightly further down in the forum where people are saying how much they like the Special Ops skins and think the collection etc for gaining them is a good balance of effort for reward.

Just goes to show you can't please everyone... 🙂

• Like 3

On 5/26/2023 at 7:06 PM, Shuzuru.3651 said:

I did the Gyala meta twice and pretty much only opened the ancient boxes that you get at the end of the metas only. I was able to get 3 luxon weapons. Now is that better or worse than before I couldn't really say as my experience will most likely differ from another.

I'd say the bigger issue here is that a handful of the events that Arenanet wants players to do for this are completely bugged.

I think in theory this practice of having players go around the world doing less popular events is great for using and reusing older content and breathing life back into the maps.

This is not a good thing when Arenanet hasn't bothered to make sure that these events are working correctly. You could be blocked from doing a collection because the appropriate enemy refuses to spawn or dynamic event #2 is stuck in an endless loop until you can find a new map instance.