CC kills this game

Think the op encountered the PoF map enemies... The veteran awakened candid the Anubis/anubite enemy can lock u down from underground and followup with another long knockdown and continue eating the healthbar away. And the forged cannon enemy can spam fear especially if multiple and the vanguard enemy who uses surfboard can knockdown too... But he mentioned he's playing tank .. if that's a firebrand, tome3 skill4 is a stunbreak and more aegis... Can't think any other tank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Think the op encountered the PoF map enemies... The veteran awakened candid the Anubis/anubite enemy can lock u down from underground and followup with another long knockdown and continue eating the healthbar away. And the forged cannon enemy can spam fear especially if multiple and the vanguard enemy who uses surfboard can knockdown too... But he mentioned he's playing tank .. if that's a firebrand, tome3 skill4 is a stunbreak and more aegis... Can't think any other tank

No you nailed it, Im just achieve grinding at this point waiting for new storyline but a lot fo the CC issue i've seen is in PoF. and Herald tank. Not "ideally" but its what im good at and love.  and can still out tank most group fights.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

I don't know about that chief. Most of OW is fine and in metas you have dozen of idiots soaking single target CC. But I'm pretty sure there are a couple of places and side events where you get absolutely hammered by single target CC, because Anet couldn't fathom you do anything in OW without your closest 10 friends.

Exactly. I dont get how people are so mind blown by this concept. It honestly makes me feel like half the people on these forums dont actually play the game xD At least all the ones making confused faces on these posts like they've never tried to play EoD or PoF solo or with what few people are on the maps. 

All anyone has to do is try the High Judge Ejele fight without making a group ahead of time. Basic fight. Basic event. its near impossible due to CC. Most the high judge fights are. At one point, they were fine. because 500 people were running around the map. Now, they are nightmares. There are many spots in the game like that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

Exactly. I dont get how people are so mind blown by this concept.

Well tbh we do understand it.

In PvE OW in particular most people build for balls to the walls dps and give kitten all about sustain, cleanses and stunbreaks, then they complain about the pathetic condi and stuns PvE mobs does compared to your average WvW meta build.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's the thing ... if the content you are doing was being played as intended (with a group), it wouldn't be out of control.

It would. Most of CC in PvE comes not from bosses, but from trash. Big group usually means more trash. And OP wearing toughness gear just makes it worse, because those trash mobs are far more likely to cc him and not anyone else.

On average, in such events players are fine because ccs from trash tend to be spread around across the whole squad, but occasionally mobs happen to "chain spike" someone. Whether as some function of their AI, or as a result of pure randomness, i can't say, but when it happens, it's definitely no fun. And the more mobs with cc abilities are around, the more likely is for something like this to happen.

Which brings us back to the original point - there's just way too many trash mobs with cc abilities on short cooldowns.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

There is this thing you do, when you have enough experience with games. You either adapt to how the game wants to be played, or you move on to another game that is more to your liking. Of course really good games let you play them how you want to play them, but they are rare.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

CC is more than fine, you get CCed sometimes but never for 10-12 seconds, you are clearly doing something wrong. You say you play tank build, that means you should have enough stab and stun breaks no? Also your argument that you get aggro and CC because you play the tank is completely wrong, there is not that many cases where enemies aggro someone with highest toughness, just so you know. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Which ones? Because, for example, in FF XIV i have never seen anything even close to what we have here.

try wow, maybe the most important mmo in the universe... then thank god you're playing gw2.

however, as suggested to you, you just have to learn how to play.

Edited by Wayne.6253
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

8 hours ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

The mechanics wrapped around using CC to break the blue bars is fine, other then it doesnt scale correctly in most big fights. On the maps that are more dead, it completely kills any chance of trying to do the map with small groups. That though, Is the small issue.

The big issue is... How does anet think that spending entire fights without the ability to do anything is okay? CC is totally out of control, and all anet does is... add MORE!!!! I know you all have been there with me, and I probably get it harder because I play a tank build so I get most the agro. but, you get hit with an ability that locks all your skills for 10-12 seconds. ( that should NEVER be allowed, utterly broken. That aside... ) then you get hit with a knock back. then an ability that throws you up in the sky, then knocked down again, sweet you get 2 seconds of fighting! then knock down, then 10-12 seconds of skills locked, que endless circle. How does arenanet look at this and say... yeah... this is good game play... 

NO!!!! It's NOT!!! Its the worst gameplay I've ever had in any game in my life of 29 years of gaming!!!!!!!!!
CC KILLS games, it does NOT make them fun, Please I beg ANYONE someone educate Anet. CC is out of control and they are doing NOTHING to get it under control.

This has to be a troll/joke post ... right?

Surely nobody sane has these kind of thoughts....? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

The solution is called Diminishing Return and it was suggested quite a couple of times by many and nothing improved ,devs even nerfed Stability so you now get stacks and not complete immunity for the duration of the ability.

You always have a stability or stun break ability equiped or a trait that's the only solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Which brings us back to the original point - there's just way too many trash mobs with cc abilities on short cooldowns.

It seems fine to me as a pure melee weaver (proximity actually does matter for aggro) with no on-demand stability or stunbreak.  If anyone should notice an issue with CC it's me!  As I said before, you can certainly find enemies or events with excessive CC, but this does not indicate a general issue with the gameplay. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It seems fine to me as a pure melee weaver (proximity actually does matter for aggro) with no on-demand stability or stunbreak.  If anyone should notice an issue with CC it's me!  As I said before, you can certainly find enemies or events with excessive CC, but this does not indicate a general issue with the gameplay. 

I have played mesmer, ele, thief, and necro through the POF story and done map completion and never had an issue that was memorable, and probably died maybe once. I don't know what people are doing that is causing them to have problems...but if they are clickers I would say that's a big handicap. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Just facts, my guy.  If you're looking at your skillbar to click your skills you can't also be looking at the enemy animations to see when you need to dodge.

First off, I am not your guy. To be more precise, I am not a guy at all but a woman who has played video games since around 1980.

I am doing all content, including endgame content, just fine and have no issues like to OP. Yes, guess what, there are clickers who see everything that is happening on their screen and react immediately. Just because you (and the OP, likely) can't do it doesn't mean others can't.

This kind of elitist prejudice disgusts me, and I am tired of reading nonsense claims like yours everytime someone doesn't have reflexes. "Oooh, must be a clicker!" 🤦‍♀️

P.S. "Clicker" also doesn't mean we don't have mouse and keyboard shortcuts for certain things like dodges etc. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

First off, I am not your guy. To be more precise, I am not a guy at all but a woman who has played video games since around 1980.

I am doing all content, including endgame content, just fine and have no issues like to OP. Yes, guess what, there are clickers who see everything that is happening on their screen and react immediately. Just because you (and the OP, likely) can't do it doesn't mean others can't.

This kind of elitist prejudice disgusts me, and I am tired of reading nonsense claims like yours everytime someone doesn't have reflexes. "Oooh, must be a clicker!" 🤦‍♀️

You may have been gaming since 1980, but unless your eyes work differently than a normal human, no amount of practice can allow you to focus in two places at once.  This is not about picking on people who click their skills.  Players who keybind or mousebind can still tunnel-vision the skillbar watching for cooldowns.  In either case the issue is the same:  If you're looking at your skillbar you can't also be watching for enemy animations and you'll be a little bit slower to react.  Where fractions of a second make the difference, that's going to result in getting hit by attacks that you would otherwise have been able to react to.

My thinking is that this could be a contributing factor for players who find the CC or combat in general overbearing (not suggesting that you are one of them).  In my experience, that is true.  And this is why my #1 piece of advice for all players (not just clickers) is not to tunnel-vision your skillbar.  

As it happens, my second piece of advice is to stay in motion.  This is true for all players as well, but as clickers tend to be less agile in their movements due to having their pointer on their skillbar where those who keybind or mousebind typically hold the mouse button for more precise control of movement, it could be a particular issue for them.  As an experienced gamer, I'm sure you're aware of how many attacks can miss if you just stay moving and use common tactics like constantly circling to flank melee enemies.

Again, that isn't picking on clickers.  Anyone can have poor movement and positioning.  If they do, they'll tend to get hit by attacks that could have been avoided or expend limited resources like evades where it isn't necessary to do so, also resulting in getting hit more often.  This could also contribute to the perception of "too much CC".

In any event, my point is not to take you to school.  I'm sure you're aware of all of this.  I'm just clarifying why I said what I did as you seem to think I'm picking on clickers specifically.  To be clear, these are not issues specific to those who click their skills.  However, there are some reasons why clickers will tend to experience these issues to a greater degree than those who keybind or mousebind.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2