Thank you for Macaw Wings Anet

4 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

Nothing is wrong with a F2P account. But GW2 is not a F2P game (but mainly: B2P) and the F2P accounts have many limitations because they are more like demo accounts.

You're not wrong, F2P players are definitely more limited than paid players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

To be honest. EoD is 25 bucks. That's nothing these days when 70 Dollars are the new 60 Dollars for Games and most of these games having like 20h of content. "looks at Nintendo games" 

To be honest, people have alts they don't necessarily needs expansions for.  I got two core accounts for my kids from when they were on sale a year after the game had come out and I use them for login rewards today.  Free skins are nice though.

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Stop thanking ArenaNet for profiting from you.

"Thank you for letting us buy your new gem store skin, ANet!"

"Thank you for giving us free Macaw, which you benefit from by appearing ethical and also incentivizing people to look at the gem store for potential other purchases!"

Yes those 0 gems really put a dent in my pocket, how will I survive.

• Like 11
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

"Thank you for giving us free Macaw, which you benefit from by appearing ethical and also incentivizing people to look at the gem store for potential other purchases!"

i'm not sure what you mean by appearing ethical. arenanet has a long history of supporting the community and has a good amount of gay, lesbian, transgender and nonbinary employees.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Its not even that, I randomly came upon a Wolf NPC in Alpine Borderlands one day, slightly just north of the North-most camp, and happened upon "Canis".
I looked it up on GW2 wiki, and realized this was a long time WvW player who passed away fighting terminal disease in 2021.
If Anet doesn't care about its playerbase, why wud they immortalize one of the members of the community, by explicitly adding something like this into the game?
What part of honoring 1 player brings them MASSIVE profit?

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Me:

I'm gonna thank ANet harder.

lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Playerbase:

Enjoying the weekend and game in peace.

Morti:

RANDOM BS GOOOO!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

I don't want to be entitled, but for those of us who have bought these wings way back in the past, we get nothing? Absolutely nothing? Another little option of wings we could pick from? Even if it would be a 1 out of 3 choice? Or the worth of the Glider in Gems?

I mean, as I said, of course I'm not entitled to that, but when you are excluded on an event that celebrates to include everybody it just feels....well....hmm...strange, I assume?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

I don't want to be entitled, but for those of us who have bought these wings way back in the past, we get nothing? Absolutely nothing? Another little option of wings we could pick from? Even if it would be a 1 out of 3 choice? Or the worth of the Glider in Gems?

I mean, as I said, of course I'm not entitled to that, but when you are excluded on an event that celebrates to include everybody it just feels....well....hmm...strange, I assume?

You have ANet's... uh.. gratitude for uh.. keeping the servers alive? 

😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I always love when free stuff brings this much drama lol. 🤣

Just enjoy the free skin.

I remember a thread saying this was being forced on the player. XD

Reading forums is a nice way to relax. 😄

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, knives.6345 said:

I remember a thread saying this was being forced on the player. XD

Reading forums is a nice way to relax. 😄

Yeah, i think i saw that thread. It's forced onto the player because you can't see the TP exclamation mark when the gift icon is shown, and there's no way to remove the gift icon. Also propaganda or something lol.

They should have never locked it lol, it was a nice *grabs popcorn* thread. 😛 But it's probably better that they did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

I you bought it recently you can ask Anet customer support for a refund. If it happened way back in the past  ... well you could use it already for a long time and the others could not. That's your added value of the item.

3 hours ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

You are not excluded from the event. Put your wings on like the others and celebrate with all the others.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

Because it's not really about "inclusivity", it just uses that as a buzzword that gets slapped on the box. Otherwise, everyone would be included right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

Because it's not really about "inclusivity", it just uses that as a buzzword that gets slapped on the box. Otherwise, everyone would be included right?

No one's gatekeeping the month, you can participate just fine. 😉

But i'll take the bait. Who's not included and in what exactly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

No one's gatekeeping the month, you can participate just fine. 😉

But i'll take the bait. Who's not included and in what exactly?

The socially conservative from the public square..  Gravitron is talking about the political connotations of the term "inclusivity" and not necessarily any in-game event.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

37 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The socially conservative from the public square..  Gravitron is talking about the political connotations of the term "inclusivity" and not necessarily any in-game event.  

Well, i was talking about the game event. This really isn't the forum to debate social politics so i won't.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 6/3/2023 at 12:11 AM, Essence Snow.3194 said:

So evidently paid core accounts don't get this one.

It's glider wings with a back piece. Paid core accounts can't use half of it. The glider wings were the main selling point, and as such, people would complain they couldn't use it.  Completely reasonable on Anet's part.

On 6/3/2023 at 1:02 AM, Gravitron.7982 said:

Are you saying that no one should be on a free account? Everyone should just pony up the money because it's nothing at all? Well what's wrong with a F2P account?

Nothing is wrong with a free account. Getting a set that includes a glider wing skin which you can't use shouldn't be expected though.  This is a set sold predominantly on the strenth of the glider wings. Why give something to someone for free if they can't use it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

If I don't like fashion contests and someone wants to stand near a fashion contest, it's a big world. Not much they can get there that they can't get elsewhere.   They're not being excluded by not liking something. They're being excluded by giving power to something they don't like. It's like saying there's a movie on a certain street I don't like, or a convention in a hotel I don't like, so I can't go to the street, or the bar in that hotel. You can. You're not being excluded.

You're choosing to exclude yourself from something you don't like. My  friends like horror movies, I don't. When they go, I'm not being excluded. I'm an adult. I can not go and still feel good for my friends. The fact that other people are enjoying something you're not into isn't exclusion. 

I'm not gay. I'm not trans. But I don't mind joining in any kind of party, because parties are fun. And if I didn't like the party, I'd just do something else, because you know, I can make my own choices. I don't have to watch horror movies if I don't want, but I won't stop anyone else from doing something they want. It's not illegal, and frankly, what consenting adults do is not anyone's business.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

If I don't like fashion contests and someone wants to stand near a fashion contest, it's a big world. Not much they can get there that they can't get elsewhere.   They're not being excluded by not liking something. They're being excluded by giving power to something they don't like. It's like saying there's a movie on a certain street I don't like, or a convention in a hotel I don't like, so I can't go to the street, or the bar in that hotel. You can. You're not being excluded.

You're choosing to exclude yourself from something you don't like. My  friends like horror movies, I don't. When they go, I'm not being excluded. I'm an adult. I can not go and still feel good for my friends. The fact that other people are enjoying something you're not into isn't exclusion. 

I'm not gay. I'm not trans. But I don't mind joining in any kind of party, because parties are fun. And if I didn't like the party, I'd just do something else, because you know, I can make my own choices. I don't have to watch horror movies if I don't want, but I won't stop anyone else from doing something they want. It's not illegal, and frankly, what consenting adults do is not anyone's business.

That's all a complete non-sequitur.  

• Confused 9