Pve Scourge Nerf

ether.3508

I feel like after the update drops I'll be retiring my scourge for good. Losing almost everything that makes it good just to get alac feels pointless when I could just play the other classes that also provide alac while supporting better. Not looking forward to patch day at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

We lose dps and a bunch of utility just to get an alac build that no one is gonna play anyway. Kinda worth noting that quick harbinger already has a similar benchmark and can outdps scourge on some fights, after the patch scourge is gonna fall even lower. At this point just rework it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Scourge pve nerf is more than brutal, it is actually spec destroying except as a replacement for HAM (which is not happening).
But even more concerning to me is that power quickness is now very hard to obtain, Qherald is probably dead, Qscrapper is probably dead as well.
I'm guessing Catalyst is going to be goto for power quickness because I don't see much PowerQ providers in the post patch landscape, and quickness-less GW2 is a nightmare.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

I knew it. People have been warned about this many times in the past. Getting more things on Scourge is going to have a cost. Just another example of people not understanding Anet's design philosophy. 

But, people got what they wanted so ... 🤷‍♂️have fun with that. 

Also, if you were a Scourge Rezz player ... you can kiss that playstyle good  bye as well. But ... Alacrity AMIRITE? You still think it's worth the price we paid?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

Okay, I'm seeing a bunch of people say manifest sand shade is getting a duration nerf, but I'm not seeing anything about it in the preview.  I'm also seeing nothing that will nerf PvE damage.  What am I missing?

The good: mainhand dagger changes, Serpent Siphon rework (extremely overdue), moving the outgoing healing modifier to a trait that actually does outgoing healing. Well of Blood getting Regeneration added*, Sandstorm Shroud granting more barrier instances, Abrasive Grit reversion, elixir cooldown reduction, getting alac in a method that is meaningful (would still need to see numbers)

The meh: Punishment cooldown reduction/Sadistic Searing (if you had one equipped, you usually had the trait anyway)

The bad: Gutting of Signets of Suffering (no more passives in shroud, apparently?), heavy handed on Ritual of Life (3 or 4% would be better), Vile Vials and Banshee's Wail have even less reason to consider them now and they were already never taken.  Removing boon strip from enfeebling blood and lesser enfeble.

*Unless they're removing the pulse healing and replacing it with Regeneration, then this is bad.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Okay, I'm seeing a bunch of people say manifest sand shade is getting a duration nerf, but I'm not seeing anything about it in the preview.  I'm also seeing nothing that will nerf PvE damage.  What am I missing?

CMC said it during the livestream. It is not in the written notes for some reason.

• Thanks 2

It's almost as if that was pointed out in threads about giving boon like al/q to scourge while it already has a bunch of utility that would obviously need to get nerfed. Attempting for every spec to suddenly do the same or at least trying to make them compete in the same areas was and still is a stupid idea for me. Kind of points for anet if they simply wanted to nerf the group rez ability of scourge anyways. Just not sure why now some people are so shocked with scourge getting nerfed for getting alac access.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There’s a difference between nerfing heal scourge in order to give it alacrity, but there’s no need for the byproduct to be the complete destruction of DPS scourge. Nobody who plays DPS scourge was like “Oh wow we really need quickness or alacrity on this class.” To make matters worse, last patch scourge got no damage buffs whatsoever despite the fact that harbinger and reaper did. Adding further insult to injury, boons can’t even be corrupted anymore, just stripped. 

Edited by SaffronCity.3402
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Of course, with the traits being shuffled around, Scourge effectively has no Master tier major trait for most encounters.  Feed From Corruption does nothing in the overwhelming majority of PvE, and you don't run punishments in most fights either, so that's Sadistic Searing being a waste.  Herald of Sorrow is a DPS loss, so only support scourge will consider it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's so bad that I'm posting here when I usually do not in the hopes that they listen to feedback and reverse these changes.

Playing Scourge already feels like you have to spam F1, and I can't imagine how terrible it's going to feel after they nerf Sand Shade uptime from 20 secs to 8 secs. It really just seems like they want us to only build concentration and sit there and press F1. That sounds awful.

Heal Scourge is something that I always thought was really neat, but incredibly niche. I don't think it's as broken as content creators hype it up to be, and I certainly don't see it played or asked for. The hit to that build just seems so unnecessary for where Scourge is at, and although it's not my cup of tea, I feel for people who do enjoy playing something like it.

They're also gutting Condi DPS Scourge which unlike HS is widely used and loved. So my build gets thrown out the window for some alacrity? I also have serious doubts that anybody would want the version of Scourge they're about to put out in their group anyways. I like my build as is, and if they have to take this much away to give the spec alacrity, then I don't want it.

I'm so disappointed in these changes and it sucks because I was excited when they made the announcement that they were looking into expanding certain elite specs because Scourge does fit the bill. However they're not giving us more options. They're deleting Scourge as we know it in order to turn it into an alacrity bot that's going to be outclassed by other options out there anyways.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

What sandshade duration nerf ?

Duration nerfed down to 8s from 20s. No more 100% shade uptime. -150 expertise and concentration, effectively a -10% damage nerf to condi scourge. 

Also -10% damage reduction from Blood as Sand, though it's not like that changes things much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I knew it. People have been warned about this many times in the past. Getting more things on Scourge is going to have a cost. Just another example of people not understanding Anet's design philosophy. 

But, people got what they wanted so ... 🤷‍♂️have fun with that. 

Also, if you were a Scourge Rezz player ... you can kiss that playstyle good  bye as well. But ... Alacrity AMIRITE? You still think it's worth the price we paid?

I don't often agree with you on things, but pretty much hitting the nail here. Necro's res greatness was one of the last things keeping me on the class. In the game in fact. Everything else is too samey, almost no niches for build creativity left.

Yay.

• Like 4

I hope they will not go through with these changes for the necro scourge. I’ve been playing a heal scourge main for a few years and I enjoy it allot. Just love to heal, res and help people. The heal scourge is already not meta (and allot of the time not welcome) so I don’t understand these changes. For only alacrity these changes are to much of a trade-off in my opinion. If the heal scourge would get a full boon strip like the mechanist then it’s a fair trade. The heal scourge would become a buffer with a little bit of better ressing and maybe increase the heal output a little more.

With the upcoming changes it seems like the heal scourge will not even be viable to bring along to anything anymore. It’s just sad and now I’m considering other classes to play. I just enjoy those less meh. 

@Anet Please don’t go through with heal scourge changes!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

My favorite part about being a necromancer in this game was being able to revive people quickly I loved the idea of a necromancer being a necromancer rasing people from the dead. I don't care if my necromancer makes peoples skills recharge fast that doesn't sound like a necromancer thing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6