Legendary Aqua-Breather when?

1 hour ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

There are two underwater events that are popular in sv and nkc. And a spear was added to the gemstore last year. Saying there is a lack of content and skins is disengenious. 

When were those underwater events added?

Adding one underwater spear in a year is not really adding content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

There are two underwater events that are popular in sv and nkc. And a spear was added to the gemstore last year. Saying there is a lack of content and skins is disengenious. 

"Lack" refers to the state of being without or not having enough of something.

There have been the two Leviathan events in EoD, a few exploratory nooks and one single measly skin in the last few years.

This objectively falls into the latter half of the definition of "lack".

Arenanet even took what should have been the Deep-Sea Dragon and put it on dry land, because they don't want to do proper wet content...

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

remove it. We have but 1 set of legendary weapons, no real underwater content beyond the core game and a lot of people dislikes underwater content anyways.

Yeah, but a lot of players dislike PvP too - should we remove that too? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Notice, that the most popular approach to those events (and the only one that seems to reliably work) is using skiff bombs, and then standard (land type) attacks from leviathan's back. That's how "underwater" they are.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice, that the most popular approach to those events (and the only one that seems to reliably work) is using skiff bombs, and then standard (land type) attacks from leviathan's back. That's how "underwater" they are.

To me, it's likely that the Leviathan events were put into the game to specifically give EoD a use for the Depth Charges mastery.

And then they put the Leviathan into the Turtle unlock chain, so people actually have a reason to do those events and use that mastery.

With the Leviathan events and without a reason to do those events, Depth Charges would look like a useless mastery only intended to extend  the time until all mastery are maxed out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

To me, it's likely that the Leviathan events were put into the game to specifically give EoD a use for the Depth Charges mastery.

And then they put the Leviathan into the Turtle unlock chain, so people actually have a reason to do those events and use that mastery.

With the Leviathan events and without a reason to do those events, Depth Charges would look like a useless mastery only intended to extend  the time until all mastery are maxed out.

Yes, seems like it to me as well. Especially since Depth Charges do pretty much nonexistent damage to normal mobs (and with its cooldown said mobs start to regenerate well before you can bomb them again). That mastery is only usable in the leviathan events, and the event is pretty much designed around it. The underwater part is just put in for show, as it is not really a valid strat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/11/2023 at 9:05 AM, Beleron.9347 said:

Perhaps when they finally give us a full-on underwater map?

That would be epic! And i thought since you know - Water dragon = water map meta - that would come in EoD, but Anet has abandoned water combat apparently since there hasn't been a balance update for water skills since forever, nor do they make the skins for water weapons anymore.

17 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Every time someone brings this up I always state I'm for a legendary breather.  If for no other reason than to stop the multitude of threads on this subject.  Really, it's getting crazy, doesn't the search function work anymore?

I don't think the problem lies with the search function...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

From what i can tell either anet devs poach ideas from this forum, or use sock puppet accounts to hype up or prepare the community for up coming things. 

For example right after ibs ended, there were skew of threads e begging for a ls version of the legendary amulet. And low and behold what came from the return to achievements.

Recently there has been calls to give scourge alac, even through scourge already had a very good unique role as a rez bot. And now look at the balance patch. 

This might example the increased presence of legendary aquabreather threads. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

Yeah, but a lot of players dislike PvP too - should we remove that too? 🤔

May aswell remove raids too because what less than 5% of the palyerbase actively does raids. infact just stop doing all raid content and do underwater content instead because more people in the palyerbase interact with underwater than raids. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shae.9147 said:

May aswell remove raids too because what less than 5% of the palyerbase actively does raids. infact just stop doing all raid content and do underwater content instead because more people in the palyerbase interact with underwater than raids. 

Raids and PvP are actually fun and engaging. Underwater combat is just a mess, half of the skills dont even work there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

From what i can tell either anet devs poach ideas from this forum, or use sock puppet accounts to hype up or prepare the community for up coming things. 

For example right after ibs ended, there were skew of threads e begging for a ls version of the legendary amulet. And low and behold what came from the return to achievements.

Recently there has been calls to give scourge alac, even through scourge already had a very good unique role as a rez bot. And now look at the balance patch. 

This might example the increased presence of legendary aquabreather threads. 

It was scourge quick was it not?