Arc Divider Rework

Evenaardez.7913

Please do not change arc divider, it was such a cool flavor skill. It truly makes you feel like a berserker recklessly swinging your greatsword around. I know there are positives and negatives functionally to changing it, but please do not overlook the flavor such a skill has. While I appreciate a lot of the recent changes, I feel the flavor of a lot of classes and skills is getting lost. It is a beautiful skill, and I personally really like it being slower and 3 strikes, if you change it, it effectively becomes identical to the non-berserker version, which is extremely lame.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

#3SPINSGANG

GANG GANG!!!

WE NEED MORE SPINS EVEN!! 3 is not enough! GS needs more spins somewhere, hundred blades seems to be the best place, I want a whirl wind Diablo barbarian build for berserker. The shame is that guardian gets to spin way more then warrior, the kittening paladins took away the ICONIC kitten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vancho.8750 said:

GANG GANG!!!

WE NEED MORE SPINS EVEN!! 3 is not enough! GS needs more spins somewhere, hundred blades seems to be the best place, I want a whirl wind Diablo barbarian build for berserker. The shame is that guardian gets to spin way more then warrior, the kittening paladins took away the ICONIC kitten.

Every bad weapon skill on war needs to become a spin attack that strikes multiple foes. Sword, mace, axes, GS, hammer etc. Spin to win IS OURS!

• Confused 1

On 6/14/2023 at 10:45 AM, Evenaardez.7913 said:

Please do not change arc divider, it was such a cool flavor skill. It truly makes you feel like a berserker recklessly swinging your greatsword around. I know there are positives and negatives functionally to changing it, but please do not overlook the flavor such a skill has. While I appreciate a lot of the recent changes, I feel the flavor of a lot of classes and skills is getting lost. It is a beautiful skill, and I personally really like it being slower and 3 strikes, if you change it, it effectively becomes identical to the non-berserker version, which is extremely lame.

In other words: Orange Slice

And the positives are essentially outweighed by the negatives since you only get one strike. Who cares how good that strike is? If it's only one strike, you would have to buff it by 300% just to reach the previous numbers. And then, you have an over-tuned skill. This is not just a nerf, it's fundamentally changing how the skill works.

And, guess what, here's the funny part: we already had one strike for Arc Divider in the past.

"(April 23, 2019) This skill has been reworked. It no longer deals bonus damage to low-health targets. Instead, it now spins and strikes 3 times. Each strike increases in radius" (Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arc_Divider )

GIVE me my dam likes...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

In other words: Orange Slice

And the positives are essentially outweighed by the negatives since you only get one strike. Who cares how good that strike is? If it's only one strike, you would have to buff it by 300% just to reach the previous numbers. And then, you have an over-tuned skill. This is not just a nerf, it's fundamentally changing how the skill works.

And, guess what, here's the funny part: we already had one strike for Arc Divider in the past.

"(April 23, 2019) This skill has been reworked. It no longer deals bonus damage to low-health targets. Instead, it now spins and strikes 3 times. Each strike increases in radius" (Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arc_Divider )

GIVE me my dam likes...

the rework is to differentiate core burst to primal burst, which is another design failure from warrior.

burst skills is balanced as part of weapon, so they can't really change anything and it will destroy balance.

look at spellbreaker, they simply just kept the core burst and added f2 and called it a day lol.

but either way, the reworked 3 hit arc divider has been pretty much trash in pvp.

there's a reason gs burst has been 1 hit.

every single weapon has the similar hit number and base function compared to core burst.

hard stuck in long channeling skill that's easily avoidable is no fun, specially for warrior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

the rework is to differentiate core burst to primal burst, which is another design failure from warrior.

burst skills is balanced as part of weapon, so they can't really change anything and it will destroy balance.

look at spellbreaker, they simply just kept the core burst and added f2 and called it a day lol.

but either way, the reworked 3 hit arc divider has been pretty much trash in pvp.

every single weapon has the similar hit number and base function compared to core burst.

hard stuck in long channeling skill that's easily avoidable is no fun, specially for warrior.

It was good enough at the start but it was working as intended  and did damage , people complained that all damage warrior without defenses killed them Anet nerfed the perfectly fine numbers and made the skill hit for kitten all and never changed it back. It wasn't amazing build , one dimensional do damage and nothing else but it was perfectly viable as a pick in pvp or wvw . 

The whole point of the rework then was to make it push more damage , but anet didn't let It in pvp and wvw , pretty stupid considering there were multiple build that could push the same damage and be able to defend themselves. 

The same kitten with Bladesworn they market it as hyper damage spec but in pvp it didn't do any, the kitten is wrong with Anet idk.

13 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

You're sacrificing 2 game modes for one, and one of the game modes you're sacrificing is the primary mode of play for the overwhelming majority of the population.

If they really need to switch it up that bad, make it that way in PVP only. Or simply make it nastier and keep the base mechanic. Add AOE weakness/cripple/extra vulnerability to lean into the class fantasy of cleaving through blocks, parries, and limbs. I would not want to be caught in that with my team while trying to cap a point.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, UncouthTRex.4098 said:

You're sacrificing 2 game modes for one, and one of the game modes you're sacrificing is the primary mode of play for the overwhelming majority of the population.

If they really need to switch it up that bad, make it that way in PVP only. Or simply make it nastier and keep the base mechanic. Add AOE weakness/cripple/extra vulnerability to lean into the class fantasy of cleaving through blocks, parries, and limbs. I would not want to be caught in that with my team while trying to cap a point.

sacrificing 2 game modes for one? what game mode.

in wvw it will be huge buff, you have minimum damage lose and you have 1 second reduced CD that's huge DPS increase.

those random zerglings literally have no idea what they talking about.

and it's not sacrifice in raid/fractal either, it's higher burst and less dps lost when moving or phase changing, and the dps lose is not intended and will be fixed.

the only sacrifice is for pocket raptor killers.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

sacrificing 2 game modes for one? what game mode.

in wvw it will be huge buff, you have minimum damage lose and you have 1 second reduced CD that's huge DPS increase.

those random zerglings literally have no idea what they talking about.

and it's not sacrifice in raid/fractal either, it's higher burst and less dps lost when moving or phase changing, and the dps lose is not intended and will be fixed.

the only sacrifice is for pocket raptor killers.

Yeah I main the dang weapon and I assure you I do more with it than kill pocket raptors and plink at zergs, your entire argument is based on a misunderstanding of the benefit of the current model and what its niche is.

My primary game modes are PVE Open World and WvW, and power greatsword berserker is my primary character which I play daily. Multiple hits are harder to negate than one, and we already have plenty of one-hit uber-burst skills under Axe and Bladesworn. Let the weapon retain its identity, for crying out loud.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, UncouthTRex.4098 said:

Yeah I main the dang weapon and I assure you I do more with it than kill pocket raptors and plink at zergs, your entire argument is based on a misunderstanding of the benefit of the current model and what its niche is.

My primary game modes are PVE Open World and WvW, and power greatsword berserker is my primary character which I play daily. Multiple hits are harder to negate than one, and we already have plenty of one-hit uber-burst skills under Axe and Bladesworn. Let the weapon retain its identity, for crying out loud.

You could make a case for it when Zerker only had F1 and no core bursts, but now we can use T3 Arcing Slice on Zerker so any "Arcing slice is better" arguments fall off instantly. You can use those instead lol.

• Like 1

Im okay with both Variants. How ever i like the "one big Hit" one more cause its eather you get full amount of dmg off or not. Said this ...... the new Version will be a bit struggle in PvE .... I simply Hope they will make it at least 3.0 dmg or more cause 2.5 is a bit too bad dmg wise and might be not able to compete with Decapitate.

Edited by Myror.7521

On 6/15/2023 at 4:29 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

Lol did they seriously change the one multihitter burst into another single hit? Who makes these decisions?

guys spitting bars

then made bladesworn stronger so now you have to hit aegis more.

Literally punishing reaction based playstyles and making bunker soup overpowered to handhold the people that don't want to learn anything.