Char dies after rallying

I have a Char Berserker and every time I rally after a fight-to-survive, I am enveloped in a yellow haze (I call it poison) that kills me within 15 seconds, unless I kill an opponent (although that doesn't always work). Did I choose the wrong trait? Can I get rid of it? Does anyone else have this problem? It makes playing by myself frustrating as I either have to use up all my orbs or return to a waypoint. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 5

When you are downed, you have a varierty of skills to use - these are your downstate skills. Warrior gets one which gets them back into battle for 15 seconds. If they kill something, the 15 second penalty has a chance of being removed. If they don't, then they die.

When someone says mashing buttons, they indicate you might be hitting skills at random without understanding what they actually do.

Either way, that's what the skill does. It's one to use usually just before the downstate health bar runs out as a second wind

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Stop mashing buttons and accidentally pushing downstate skill 3 as warrior.

Well, in any fast rotation it is hard not to accidentally press some downed skills if you were fighting with your normal skills on low health.

I'm playing elementalist and I often find myself in vapour form because my last bit of health was lost while pressing skills. For an elly this is no issue but for a warr it is a bit more tricky.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Well, in any fast rotation it is hard not to accidentally press some downed skills if you were fighting with your normal skills on low health.

I'm playing elementalist and I often find myself in vapour form because my last bit of health was lost while pressing skills. For an elly this is no issue but for a warr it is a bit more tricky.

Technically true, but pretty sure vapor form on ele has no initial cooldown, while vengeance does have one, which should make the "standing" rotation not really relevant to its activation, which points at OP "just pressing random keys" while in downstate. 😉

@AdriFebles.4907 while ingame, press H, go to second tab ("build") on the left side of the window, then press on the sword icon ("weapon skills") at the top of the window. Scroll down and check your skills in the "downed skills" section.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Rally happens when an enemy you tagged dies while youre in downstate. This will immediatelly revive you. This works on all classes. 

Warrior has an unique downstate 3 ability which will revive you for 15 sec. After 15 sec you will immediately die, no downstate. If you kill an enemy in those 15 sec you have a chance to survive. This can be guaranteed with a trait. 

You want to use this downstate 3 ability when youre sure noone will revive you or you wont rally off enemy you tagged dying. But it has quite a long cast time so dont wait to long. 

In pvp and wvw there are some additional restrictions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:46 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

Rally happens when an enemy you tagged dies while youre in downstate. This will immediatelly revive you. This works on all classes. 

Warrior has an unique downstate 3 ability which will revive you for 15 sec. After 15 sec you will immediately die, no downstate. If you kill an enemy in those 15 sec you have a chance to survive. This can be guaranteed with a trait. 

You want to use this downstate 3 ability when youre sure noone will revive you or you wont rally off enemy you tagged dying. But it has quite a long cast time so dont wait to long. 

To complement this: if you kill a foe in the  time window you have a 25% chance of surviving. There's a trait that grants you 100% chance of surviving if you kill a foe in the time window, BUT usually is a bad business to make plans for "if I go downstate" instead of just  trying to avoid being in downstate.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2023 at 10:29 PM, AdriFebles.4907 said:

I have a Char Berserker and every time I rally after a fight-to-survive, I am enveloped in a yellow haze (I call it poison) that kills me within 15 seconds, unless I kill an opponent (although that doesn't always work). Did I choose the wrong trait? Can I get rid of it? Does anyone else have this problem? It makes playing by myself frustrating as I either have to use up all my orbs or return to a waypoint. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You don't really need to use up the Revive Orbs while in the overworld when simply returning to a waypoint is a lot better. Those things usually just get sent to a bank slot or my storage alt.

On 6/17/2023 at 7:25 AM, Buran.3796 said:

To complement this: if you kill a foe in the  time window you have a 25% chance of surviving. There's a trait that grants you 100% chance of surviving if you kill a foe in the time window, BUT usually is a bad business to make plans for "if I go downstate" instead of just  trying to avoid being in downstate.

Definitely Vengeful Return. Its definitely wiser to think about avoiding getting into those types of situations that get you downed easily. Berserkers may be powerful, but they are glass cannons. 

• Like 2

Apart from warrior no other class has this 25% (100%) chance (as far as i know).
I just die.

If you have End of Dragons, then play that, get yourself a jade bot and level its masteries to get yourself the revive skill from the bot (additional to a personal waypoint). That works for every class.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/15/2023 at 12:46 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

If you're around others when you get up, and can't kill something easy/quick, try to run to where you can be seen and easily rezed (not in a hot spot).
Sometimes I still struggle with this, it's a good plan...but being in a berzerk frenzy, while gasping your last breaths, isn't really conducive to thinkin' about things.

• Haha 1