WvW Mistwalker infusion x3 color change

Ali.1420

So, the mistwalker infusion does change color if you use three... but only in wvw. It is the color you are that week. I am disappointed that it does not show in pve as well. Why would the color change only be an option in that particular instance? 

My world is red currently so this is what the 3x looks like in rbl. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's the same with the Mistforged Obsidian Weapons, which was also look kind of bland in pve. Maybe they wanted to keep a neutral color in pve that goes with more stuff which I can appreciate but I'd rather have a drop down choice or something. 

At least the Obsidian Weapons and these Infusions look appropriate. Aside from a weird shape and not going well with anything else, the lighting tendrils on the Mistforged Chest piece is either super dark and muted or glaring white where the SPvP set is inspired art from head to toe. Aside from WvW stuff being shaped so oddly from the armor to the weapons, effects are always limited or poorly done. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

I'd rather have a drop down choice or something. 

Same... hope enough people will complain about it so that anet will take notice but probably not. 15k tickets 9k badges plus seems like it should be a bit more versatile. 15k tickets takes years to get. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

The PvE color is white. In PvE 3 infusions glow like 1 infusion. That's fine.

Half of your character not glowing cause ANet was lazy, is not fine.

Ya I'm not too mad about it looking like a hologram in pve, except some pieces look a little plastic without the red or blue over it, and I guess it can look legit with more stuff. Not effecting the back piece is a real let down for how much is going into getting three of these for people who haven't been able to build up WvW currency for a long time. 

• Like 1

Three of these take almost a year... 41 weeks at full tickets per week. I really like the color change depending on the team. I just wish we could have it during pve. Just because it is a wvw infusion should not stop it from showing in pve. Example, festive displays all of it's pve animations in wvw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Has anyone bought a 4th infusion yet to see if the colors become more enhanced? I'm considering it as I'm still sitting on a LOT of tickets and badges...but hoping maybe someone else out there has already decided to test this.

Saw this bigfoot this week glowing like a lightbulb, I don't know if it was a graphical glitch, if it was another infusion, or if it was the wvw one stacked. 🤷‍♂️

https://i.imgur.com/0k4CanF.jpg

P.S yes reapers is green this week.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2023 at 3:28 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Saw this bigfoot this week glowing like a lightbulb, I don't know if it was a graphical glitch, if it was another infusion, or if it was the wvw one stacked. 🤷‍♂️

https://i.imgur.com/0k4CanF.jpg

P.S yes reapers is green this week.

Unfortunately I have yet to be the green server since the infusion was added so I'm not entirely sure how the visual effect looks. I can't tell in your screenshot, but did the player appear naked? If so, that's actually a different visual bug that requires several steps to create the appearance (a guildmate figured it out).

The color with 3 of them  that changes depending on your wvw color of the week, does not show in Armistice. I am hoping this is a mistake but it probably isn't. 

Anet needs to offer better rewards like they do in raids and pvp. People would flood into WvW and it would become an important part of GW2. 

WvW is the only reason I still play this game. Well that and the infusions/fashion wars

On 6/16/2023 at 1:42 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

Has anyone bought a 4th infusion yet to see if the colors become more enhanced? I'm considering it as I'm still sitting on a LOT of tickets and badges...but hoping maybe someone else out there has already decided to test this.

I tried 4 of them and didn't see any change from the three.  I'll buy a few more (have enough for a dozen more, but don't really need them) and see if that makes a difference. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2023 at 12:50 AM, Ubi.4136 said:

Every cool infusion in the game can be equipped, unequipped and resold after removing...except the wvw one.

I get that we are the kitten game mode, but it's kind of annoying how they treat wvw players.

True only for older infusions.

The newer ones, even in pve, all follow the same formula: once you use it, it's bound to you.

If there is a non rng way to acquire them, they are immediately account bound.

16 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

True only for older infusions.

The newer ones, even in pve, all follow the same formula: once you use it, it's bound to you.

If there is a non rng way to acquire them, they are immediately account bound.

I haven't done much pve the last few years, so that's good to know.  I still find it an odd direction for the game to be moving, but thanks for the info.  Wonder what is driving the push to make them all account bound on use?

1 hour ago, Ubi.4136 said:

I haven't done much pve the last few years, so that's good to know.  I still find it an odd direction for the game to be moving, but thanks for the info.  Wonder what is driving the push to make them all account bound on use?

My guess, the developers are trying to establish and control infusions as a high end goal, while also offering alternative methods of acquisition.

1. Adding non rng methods for acquisition makes these rewards attainable for more players

2. Making infusion drops account bound after use removes them from the games economy and reduces their value as investment

3. Keeping some infusions rare keeps the rng and gamble element alive which drives many players to play specific content

Recent PvE examples would be the infusion available for purchase after completing all EoD CMs (especially HT CM as gate) and the dragon eye infusion from Dragonstorm. Both of which fetch a high price on the TP (and turn account bound once used) but are acquirable out side of a lucky drop (but start out account bound in that case).

The WvW infusion is similar in that regard. It goes for 6-7k gold on the TP last I checked, but also can be attained as a longterm reward for WvW players.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

On 6/22/2023 at 5:30 PM, Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

I tried 4 of them and didn't see any change from the three.  I'll buy a few more (have enough for a dozen more, but don't really need them) and see if that makes a difference. 

Thanks for the notice!!  Very much appreciated.