Cosmetic request for Mesmer.

Irastira.8643

Can we have a way to change the color of Mesmer Abilities please?

Its known as the Pretty Pink Sparkle Class.  Why should we just stop with Pink though?  Ideally, It would be even better if we could not only customize the color of the splash, but the color of the sparkels as well.  It would be much appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Irastira.8643 said:

Can we have a way to change the color of Mesmer Abilities please?

Its known as the Pretty Pink Sparkle Class.  Why should we just stop with Pink though?  Ideally, It would be even better if we could not only customize the color of the splash, but the color of the sparkels as well.  It would be much appreciated!

kitten noo. Pink class 4 lyfe

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

TL;DR: It's part of class identity it has.  

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to colour skills or that colours are a necessary aspect of class identity (arguably for most classes it isn't) but I'd say it's just as part of green disease/(yellow kitten for Scourge) aspect of Necro or azure fields of the Guardian, various palettes of Revenant for different legends.   

Most people either played long enough to stop caring, learned to love it, or care more about solutions for the class' awkward drawbacks in gameplay or spec strengths.  

• Thanks 2

On 6/17/2023 at 12:37 AM, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

kitten noo. Pink class 4 lyfe

I am not asking to change the Pink. I am just asking for more color variety.  No one is upset we have 400+ Dyes in GW2.  They make QoL changes to classes all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/17/2023 at 1:59 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Nah, pink4lyfe!

Don't tell me the color bothers you lol?

Besides. I'm sure they have more important things to fix on Mesmers instead of messing with the color of the effects, don't you think?

For starters, I don't appreciate back handed comments like that.  "GW2 has the best community."  Not really. You just made a vague aqusation of me being sexist or something.

The color itself is not the problem.  The problem is I have OCD.  Having my character be a Shiny Golden God only to have Pink explosions of particle effects causes me so much anxiety that I have never really been able to play the Mesmer profession.

It also makes it really hard to find a unique look. Between the META, and most of the stuff that fits the asthetic Most of the Weapons you're going to find that match the Mesmer Asthetic are going to be designed for Asurans. Which is fine, but only if you are playing an Asuran. The remaining stuff is pretty much Sylvari and you're going to run into a similar problem.  If you discount all of that stuff, then you're looking at the same weapons as every other Mesmer that feels forced into the Neon Pink color scheme.

If Arena.Net was going to fix any of that, they would have done so a long time ago.  Mesmers are consistently the best class in the game.  "ERRMAHHGerrD ded gaem. Cn't fze thru atk indfntly nymre"  Warriors were relegated to Banner Support for like the first 7 years of GW2's existence. Half their abilities do not work properly.  You have the Luxery of being the best tank in the game, an above average DPS, the ability to one shot players on like a 7 second CD in PvP.   Oh yeah, Mesmers are so miss treated.  Meanwhile the only value Thiefs have in PvP is Decap+1.

• Like 1
  • Confused 14

15 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

The professions and especs are color coded for easy legibility. I think it is on the whole brilliant design. I'm not for any color changing.

What Legibility?  Issues with Ledgeibility is more so due to an over saturation of Particle effects.  As some one who mains a Scourge Necro, I have never had any one tell me "Manifest sand shade is causeing me to struggle to see the boss."  Its no worse then being stealth one shot in  PvP Which happens literally all the time. What lacks more clarity then that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, Irastira.8643 said:

You just made a vague aqusation of me being sexist or something.

I just asked if the color is bothering you, you did the sexism yourself lol.

The problem is I have OCD.

Cool, me too! There's this thing called dealing with your stuff and therapy, you should try it - it works! It's a whole lot better than demanding everyone around you comform to your issues. Or did you miss the memo where it says the whole world doesn't revolve around you?

It also makes it really hard to find a unique look.

Now that's just a creativity problem...

If Arena.Net was going to fix any of that, they would have done so a long time ago.  Mesmers are consistently the best class in the game.  "ERRMAHHGerrD ded gaem. Cn't fze thru atk indfntly nymre"  Warriors were relegated to Banner Support for like the first 7 years of GW2's existence. Half their abilities do not work properly.  You have the Luxery of being the best tank in the game, an above average DPS, the ability to one shot players on like a 7 second CD in PvP.   Oh yeah, Mesmers are so miss treated.  Meanwhile the only value Thiefs have in PvP is Decap+1.

Oh right, the "mesmer OP unga bunga" speech, spare me...

Your problems are your own, don't force them on others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Irastira.8643 said:

For starters, I don't appreciate back handed comments like that.  "GW2 has the best community."  Not really. You just made a vague aqusation of me being sexist or something.

The color itself is not the problem.  The problem is I have OCD.  Having my character be a Shiny Golden God only to have Pink explosions of particle effects causes me so much anxiety that I have never really been able to play the Mesmer profession.

It also makes it really hard to find a unique look. Between the META, and most of the stuff that fits the asthetic Most of the Weapons you're going to find that match the Mesmer Asthetic are going to be designed for Asurans. Which is fine, but only if you are playing an Asuran. The remaining stuff is pretty much Sylvari and you're going to run into a similar problem.  If you discount all of that stuff, then you're looking at the same weapons as every other Mesmer that feels forced into the Neon Pink color scheme.

Oh my god... everything with this post is just so wrong in every single way... from the whole speech about ocd (I have ocd myself, please stop using it like it's a joke, it's insulting), to you writing a bunch of nonsense about mesmers being OP in this game.

Just stop... you're wasting your own time. Gw2 is designed in this way, every class has it's own identity, and the style and colors to their spells is a big part of that identity. It's a way for people to see what they are facing aswell, which is also called UX. It would just confuse the players if everybody could just change the style/color of their spells.

If you dont like the style of mesmers spells, play another class... 🤦‍♂️

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

On 6/24/2023 at 3:16 AM, Irastira.8643 said:

I am genuinely curious, what other mmorpg out there let you customise class skill effects? 

Though technically not a mmorpg, warframe is the only game comes to mind.

Edit: typo.

Edited by Varis.5467
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Varis.5467 said:

I am genuinely curious, what other mmorpg out there let you customise class skill effects? 

Though technically not a mmorpg, warframe is the only game comes to mind.

Edit: typo.

Though defunct, City of Heroes let you color all of your skill effects.  If you wanted purple fire, red lightning, or black lasers it let you pick.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Honestly it would never happen, but in general it’d be cool if ANet redesigned their particle effects pipeline so that ANY class could adjust their “main” thematic ability color like dyes.

If this were the case,  my Mesmer would a red-ish magenta, my Guardian would be golden, and my Engi’s mech would be shy blue. 

To reiterate, that’ll never happen lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 3:16 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

I just asked if the color is bothering you, you did the sexism yourself lol.

Cool, me too! There's this thing called dealing with your stuff and therapy, you should try it - it works! It's a whole lot better than demanding everyone around you comform to your issues. Or did you miss the memo where it says the whole world doesn't revolve around you?

Now that's just a creativity problem...

Oh right, the "mesmer OP unga bunga" speech, spare me...

Your problems are your own, don't force them on others.

Not really, What else could you be implying by "What, Do you not like the color pink?"  If you can't answer that, It was read as intended.

I never demanded any one conform to anything.  What I said was "Hey, It would be nice if we could get more customization." never in my life have I heard any one say "Customization is bad!" We have over 400 dyes, Like 1,000 different outfits, like 200 uniforms. What a terible demand to ask for the ability to color your ablilities. I never once made  a demand.

Its not a creativity problem, Its a limitation bubble problem.  Try to make a Clothie Warrior.  You're pretty much limited to Path of Fire stuff.  I guess that would also just be a creativity problem.

Nah, you want to be rude, so here is the truth.  Mesmers do not have it that bad.  Crying because you lost like 20 seconds worth of Back-to-back invul. I guess you're just not good  enough at the game yet.  Sounds like a skil problem to me.

I am not forcing anything on any one.  But, since you seem adamant that I am making demands and forcing things, Please do tell me where I said "You WILL give me what I want."  I suspect you can't do that though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love some color variation for the classes, ideally through some kind of in game activity. Make them collections or something, to go and gradually build up a repertoire of colors that affect some of your skills.

Mostly trails and effects. 

Blood Red death shroud,

Blue butterfly explosions.

Non-green jade mech

I like the sound of that. 

But it should be done in game with collections. I don't want to see an endless release of new options. 

Or they tie it to the dye system. Which would probably be the absolute coolest looking. But I'd still want players to have to earn color pallets or something of that nature. Unlock red, blue, etc. 

• Like 1