I'm tired of people messaging me after blocking me to troll

If you're getting this a lot, maybe the problem is you.  Sure in PvP you get this occasionally, it comes from dealing with other people.  Rarely do I get this in Wvw.  In PvE, I almost never get this.  We're only getting one side of the story here, so I think maybe the OP needs to take a look at his/her behavior to see what may be causing this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

If you're getting this a lot, maybe the problem is you.  Sure in PvP you get this occasionally, it comes from dealing with other people.  Rarely do I get this in Wvw.  In PvE, I almost never get this.  We're only getting one side of the story here, so I think maybe the OP needs to take a look at his/her behavior to see what may be causing this.

Did you just victim blame the OP? :classic_wacko:

That is really not cool. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

If you have seen it, then why question if it might not occur more often to others? Could there be reasons? Sure but that could range from just daring to enter WvW all the to someone actually using hacks. Factor in servers that face off repeatedly, to differing server's behaviors/habits to people playing countering builds to others and then over to Roamers v Havocs v Warbands v Zergs and the number of reason people may or may not get more whispers could vary even more. So good to think about potentially the other side, but I also wouldn't try and paint the scene here based on the post.

• Confused 3

Well, the most common form of salt whisper in WvW is when you kill them, typically more so in small scale when they can pick you out more easily. So if you do that more, it's probably more likely to happen.

Also it's pretty rare to get whispers from your own side simply because it's unnecessary.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, yLoon.5289 said:

It happens anywhere in Gw2.
All sorts of people in the game, naive kids, raging teens, sobbing adults, etc.
Ignore it and you win.
Or not, just uninstall the game.

I think the OP was more implying the issue is in a sPvP or WvW situation and simplified the response, will leave it for them to provide more detail. I think part of the feedback is not to turn people away from the game modes though so will have to disagree there. It was more, is it functioning as expected when multiple sides clash. To put it another way, should there just be three way chat in WvW for all sides to just kitten chat each other? Would that increase or decrease activity in the game mode? Before you suggest just reducing our player base, mind providing more feedback on that where, what and who aspects? 

Really, no point continuing the game if it ruins your gaming experience till it damages your mental well-being,  the same goes for relationships or even work.
If he is able to find a few like-minded persons in the game, he stays, if can't, just leave.
Stating a fact is not reducing the player base. 
It raises Arena's awareness of their seriousness to tackle this problem.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2023 at 2:39 AM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Imagine that you would want to respond in private (which Whispher/Tell is doing) instead of in main map channel?

Not everybody needs to see when two person have a conversation while  other players are around and looking for what is going on during an event chain or map event (meta) in map channel or any other public channel. Don't forget that a Guild/Squad/Party also can be seen as a public channel as there are other players that isn't interesting what those two people are talking about. In game mail does also have limitation for how many in game emails you can send within a time frame, so that isn't a replacement for Whisper or Tell.

Chat where designed at a time where channels where used as a means to channel different types of communication (party channel for up to five players or in larger scale groups  like squads channel).

Then you can do what everyone else does on discord already and just ask to DM.  Boom, easy.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Kalli.4506 said:

That is really not cool.

You would be surprised to know that is a really normal behavior on those forums, especialy from people with hundred or thousands of posts.

Denying others opinions and even the people themselves is a national sport here.

Fortunatly, those people are just going around in circles here.

Devs doesn't read the forums since a long time and they are right.

• Confused 10

Do not worry OP. If someone blocks you just after saying something to you, it just mean they are a coward not worth bothering with. As others are saying, block and try to move on.

Only thing I wish was implemented is that ppls you blocked should not be able to join your groups/squads. It not happened to me personally but some leaders I joined were harrased by ppls joining our squad even tho we kicked them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Do not worry OP. If someone blocks you just after saying something to you, it just mean they are a coward not worth bothering with. As others are saying, block and try to move on.

Only thing I wish was implemented is that ppls you blocked should not be able to join your groups/squads. It not happened to me personally but some leaders I joined were harrased by ppls joining our squad even tho we kicked them.

Our social features in this game are kind of primitive. They could definitely be improved upon.

Like there could be an option for your friends to see and whisper you even when invisible/away, or as you mentioned to serve as a blacklist to not join your squad. At the very least you should be able to ban people from rejoining. Kick vs ban is a pretty standard multiplayer feature since the turn of the century.

But at least they removed block list stalking so we are going somewhere.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Our social features in this game are kind of primitive. They could definitely be improved upon.

Like there could be an option for your friends to see and whisper you even when invisible/away, or as you mentioned to serve as a blacklist to not join your squad. At the very least you should be able to ban people from rejoining. Kick vs ban is a pretty standard multiplayer feature since the turn of the century.

But at least they removed block list stalking so we are going somewhere.

So true. Still hold my hopes for both of this and some more to be implemented.

10 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

You would be surprised to know that is a really normal behavior on those forums, especialy from people with hundred or thousands of posts.

Denying others opinions and even the people themselves is a national sport here.

Fortunatly, those people are just going around in circles here.

Devs doesn't read the forums since a long time and they are right.

Im not surprised, it's a normal behavior irl, not only in these forums. Just wanted to call it out since it's a really toxic trait. I'm just happy I don't know that person irl. 

• Confused 1

On 8/9/2023 at 3:31 PM, Kalli.4506 said:

That is really not cool. 

No I did not blame the victim.  It has not been established who the victim is here.

I did not victim blame.  Have you heard from the people he's complaining about.  It's called a fair trial.  Apparently you   don't believe in fair trials.  It's just mob rule for you.  

You're the one that's not kool.  You are ready to convict and punish without any evidence.  That's evil.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I did not victim blame.  Have you heard from the people he's complaining about.  It's called a fair trial.  Apparemtly you   don't believe in fair trials.  It's just mob rule for you.  

You're the one that's not kool.  You are ready to convict and punish without any evidence.  That's evil.

Really? Then please tell me how this is not victim blaming. Are you implying that the OP forced them to send these toxic PMs, that it wasn't their own immature choice to do so? 

On 8/9/2023 at 10:17 PM, DarcShriek.5829 said:

This is pure form of victim blaming. You could google it if you are not aware of it. It might help you to get less toxic. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Kalli.4506 said:

Really? Then please tell me how this is not victim blaming. Are you implying that the OP forced them to send these toxic PMs, that it wasn't their own immature choice to do so? 

This is pure form of victim blaming. You could google it if you are not aware of it. It might help you to get less toxic. 

It's not been established that he's a victim.   You're making assumptions without knowing the facts.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2023 at 7:18 PM, Kalli.4506 said:

Anyone can make up a sob story and embellish toxicity towards themselves while diminishing their own toxicity to act like a victim. In this case, we only have one side of the story and we don't really have any context.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

On 8/12/2023 at 4:14 AM, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Anyone can make up a sob story and embellish toxicity towards themselves while diminishing their own toxicity to act like a victim. In this case, we only have one side of the story and we don't really have any context.

I'm pretty sure there are many players who can confirm that it's not uncommon that this happens unprovoked, especially in pvp. Some people can't handle a loss and start to rage and calling out (in a really toxic way) in team chat or whisper that other player in the team they think was the cause of the loss. I've experianced this a few times over the years. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

If you are driving down the interstate and one car is headed toward you then there is a good chance that they became confused and are traveling in the wrong direction.  If, however, you are driving down the interstate and you encounter ten cars traveling in the opposite direction then there is an excellent chance that you are the one who is confused and are traveling in the wrong direction.  While it is possible for ten people to all be confused simultaneously, it is probably a good idea to pull to the side of the road and observe and think for a bit.  There will be other clues, such as the orientation of the road signs.  Then again, it could be that a bridge has collapsed and no one is actually confused at all.  
Are they at fault?
Am I at fault?
It is important to look for evidence for both scenarios. 

Or, I suppose, one could simply assume that the other drivers are stupid, and then drive full speed off of a broken bridge.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

there is an excellent chance that you are the one who is confused and are traveling in the wrong direction.

Oh my favourite scene in Planes, Trains & Automobiles 🙂
 "He says we're going the wrong way!"
 "How does he know where we're going?"