Simple request -- no new currencies, please

Of course I realize things are already done, but please oh please I hope there are no new currencies because I think there are too many already.  Let's see... I need 10K Volatile Magic for this gizmo... oops, my bad, it was Unbound Magic, and so on and so on.  Please go back to basic Tyrian currencies, and for the love of The Six, nothing even remotely resembling Research Notes!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I think there will be at least 1 new currency because Anet use them to stop people grinding gold and/or karma in advance and buying everything without playing the new stuff.

There's other ways to do it, but they all have their own draw-backs. Most games make those items random drops instead of things you can purchase, but then if you're unlucky you could be stuck grinding the same area until you're sick of it. (My other MMO is like that, although it's gotten a lot better, so often people's celebration that they got the drop they wanted was "now I never have to go into that dungeon ever again!") Some GW2 items require completing an achievment before you can buy them, but then it's more restrictive than doing whatever you prefer around the map (or a variety of things) to get the currency.

• Like 6

Y'all make good points.  So... can I ask for better loot then?  I don't understand why we get trash in loot boxes and bags.  Literal garbage.  Is that supposed to be fun?  Funny?

ETA:  Maybe they could combine some old currencies, like they did with all the various dungeon currencies into Tales of Dungeon Delving.

Edited by Witch of Doom.5739
  • Like 2