Aurene just got put on a bus

SinisterSlay.6973

Jennah was never a major character.

Expansion shows Zojja's return.

People have been wanting Aurene to be put on the bus for a while now, esp. since EoD ends with her being super OP and an instant solve-all-solutions button. She NEEDS to be put on the bus to make future plots make sense without the existence of instant win button godmode.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Jennah was never a major character.

Expansion shows Zojja's return.

People have been wanting Aurene to be put on the bus for a while now, esp. since EoD ends with her being super OP and an instant solve-all-solutions button. She NEEDS to be put on the bus to make future plots make sense without the existence of instant win button godmode.

I wouldn't mind a total character refresh truthfully

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Jenna wasn't major. The others ... at least had some role somewhere and Canach still appeared. They can't just keep everyone important regularly (we'd have to deal with a ton of chars every mission then). I just find the new additions (Rama, Yao) boring.

Is Zojja really returning? Would be nice. For Aurene I think it is time. Found her boring - yeah, really too OP. Somethign more normal with humans involved and some detective work ... would be interesting.

I'd love to see Bangar again. More of Caith (though I guess she will be irrelevant now as well - already appared a lot less). And maybe E or the Mesmer collective. (They'd fit in with the new story and the wizard guys. Maybe - since the tower is in Kryta - E is some guy from there.)

Don’t think for one second Aurene won’t be back. Putting her in hibernation at least is consistent with how the dragon cycle worked 

Logan hasn’t been retired either. He is pact leader -I wouldn’t be surprised his airships turn up in the sky maps now we are back in Tyria 

Jennah is a minor character. Don’t forget the Tower is in kryta territory. She may yet play a role

Rox was prob the blandest character. Barely any personality. She just followed Braham around then retired to a better community

Zojja appears to be back

Nothing says Canach is gone. He has been in every expac and season including the final episode. If we ever return to Cantha, he can be part of that story. I think he deserves a break though!

Yea I cried admittedly during that scene....but it is the right thing to do as painful as it is.  It's consistent with the lore and there wouldn't be a threat that Aurene wouldn't just annihilate instantly unless she is out of the picture.

I do wish we could have had a cutscene or something, commemorating our (seemingly) final moment with our daughter. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

It was a very sad meeting with Aurene and Caithe. Sad to hear Aurene has to go to slumber but I guess it was time as an Elder Dragon and being tiring to filter all the magic all by herself.

A sad good-bye. But as Caithe said, we should except the unexpected the next time Aurene appears again.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Wait, what'd I miss with Jennah, how'd she get "put on the bus"?

She hasn't been active ever since the White Mantle fights after HoT... the last time we saw of Queen Jennah was Head of the Snake chapter with the White Mantle, I think.

And that was then Logan and Jennah said they can't continue their love intrest... which is sad.

But with Cantha reopened and all, I would kinda except Queen Jennah would appear with Empress Ihn.

Edited by TwistedAlga.4235
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

How many characters are on that bus now?

Zojja, Canach, Logan, Jenna, Rox

Other side characters I can think of other than the ones you said;

Boticca, she was a cool character but we haven't seen her for a while.

Jhavi and Larenthir from Vigil aswell.

Oh and Mia Kindleshot(?), the new Iron legion leader haven't been seen since core.

Zafirah and Spearmarshal Zaiem.

I'm so glad Zojja is FINALLY back!

• Confused 1

Aurene among all this makes sense. The Elder Dragons do go to sleep when the magic is in a balance again (is it? Who tells how the balance should be balanced?), that is a part of the cycle. Still, I can see why anet did that, it must be pretty tricky to write a story with a friendly nearly all powerful Elder Dragon. (An Elder Dragon without dragon minions, boo!)

Should I get to choose, I´d dig more into the Primordus background now, as he was left most unexplored compared to the other dragons. Sure he could be dead (I mean, as long as the devs say it), yet still,  the stronger Destroyer speciments remained, corrupted dwarves remained and who knows what else he was able to create in his long lifespan. And all this is somewhere in the Depths, still carrying his will as the Unchained carry the one of Zhaitan.

10 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Logan hasn’t been retired either. He is pact leader -I wouldn’t be surprised his airships turn up in the sky maps now we are back in Tyria 

Jennah is a minor character. Don’t forget the Tower is in kryta territory. She may yet play a role

Rox was prob the blandest character. Barely any personality. She just followed Braham around then retired to a better community

Zojja appears to be back

Nothing says Canach is gone. He has been in every expac and season including the final episode. If we ever return to Cantha, he can be part of that story. I think he deserves a break though!

That's commuting on a bus then.  Still on a bus.

Canach though, he appears to be at the bus stop waiting to catch it.

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Just pointing out, this might be our best change to truly make it the end of dragons!

I know, I know - the world will tilt into the void etc etc.. but the wizards are back and will save us now!

I expected that we would end up fighting Aurene to get rid of the last dragon.  And create a sort of FF6 style magic has left the world but the world continues finale.  Queue the sequel.

2 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

It was a very sad meeting with Aurene and Caithe. Sad to hear Aurene has to go to slumber but I guess it was time as an Elder Dragon and being tiring to filter all the magic all by herself.

A sad good-bye. But as Caithe said, we should except the unexpected the next time Aurene appears again.

I want to put Caithe on the bus.  Hated her since she made us chase her with the egg. Or maybe that story where you have to play as her.  One of those for sure cemented it.

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973

I loved the instance, though it made me sad. I really enjoyed Aurene's VA's performance too. She sounded tired and ready to nap.

I did find it jarring that there wasn't some big cutscene sending her off. She's been the centerpiece of the entire franchise, so if this is really the last time we'll see her before her slumber, it feels... incredibly insufficient. Perhaps the next expansion will open with something to that effect? Hard to imagine an instance without an actual ending is all the devs have to send her off with...

The sunset effect was also very pretty in the instance.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Zola.6197 said:

I loved the instance, though it made me sad. I really enjoyed Aurene's VA's performance too. She sounded tired and ready to nap.

I did find it jarring that there wasn't some big cutscene sending her off. She's been the centerpiece of the entire franchise, so if this is really the last time we'll see her before her slumber, it feels... incredibly insufficient. Perhaps the next expansion will open with something to that effect? Hard to imagine an instance without an actual ending is all the devs have to send her off with...

The sunset effect was also very pretty in the instance.

It was extremely beautiful sunset and place, and a sad meeting. I agree!!

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

I want to put Caithe on the bus.  Hated her since she made us chase her with the egg. Or maybe that story where you have to play as her.  One of those for sure cemented it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, since Aurene is going to slumber, Caithe is most likely getting on to that bus, she was saying she might return home to the Grove and to the Pale Tree, or do something for the remaning Crystal Bloom order, so we might not be seeing her for a while now.

I dont mind Caithe, I'm all for the original group from DE than our current one... I just still can't stand Braham, and Taimi, uuurgh.

I wish Taimi and Braham go on that bus.

And Taimi's sickness is nowhere heard of ever since PoF living world story, lol... 

I miss Eir, I hate Braham. But Im glad Zojja is finally returning again after so long.

Edited by TwistedAlga.4235
  • Confused 1

On 6/28/2023 at 9:08 AM, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

How many characters are on that bus now?

Zojja, Canach, Logan, Jenna, Rox

1 hour ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, since Aurene is going to slumber, Caithe is most likely getting on to that bus, she was saying she might return home to the Grove and to the Pale Tree, or do something for the remaning Crystal Bloom order, so we might not be seeing her for a while now.

I dont mind Caithe, I'm all for the original group from DE than our current one... I just still can't stand Braham, and Taimi, uuurgh.

I wish Taimi and Braham go on that bus.

And Taimi's sickness is nowhere heard of ever since PoF living world story, lol... 

I miss Eir, I hate Braham. But Im glad Zojja is finally returning again after so long.

ROFL I agree. 😂

• Haha 1