Weaponmaster Training Beta Feedback: Necromancer

Rubi Bayer.8493

• ArenaNet Staff

The Weaponmaster Training beta event for Secrets of the Obscure is open to all Guild Wars 2 players from June 29 until July 2! Try out the combat changes that are coming with SotO on August 22 and let us know what you think. You can leave your feedback for the necromancer in this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 2

Well why not do a beta weekend like this one for big balance patches? Players with hours of play yesterday discovered things that you didn't even discover in 2 months, including the practically immortal Herald.

And what did you do with the Necromancer/Scourge traits? Just ridiculous, even with people posting on feedback day after day and not 1 dev came to clarify and talk about the feedback.

What does this make us think? Y'all just don't read the feedback :)

Edited by VictorLeal.4102
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Please fellow necromancers, we already know that some adjustment are meant to be introduced for scourge in July. Just respect the fact that this thread isn't about the june 27 patch but about the weapons that will be introduced in the next x-pac.

I would have expected the devs to open this thread later thought. I might have missed something but, personally, I have yet to see any of the coming swords skills.

That said, I'll say that I'm not really thrilled by the choice of providing new weapons instead of elite specs. I might not be part of the majority but I've never considered e-specs weapons as the main selling point of the various e-specs. At best I saw them as (un)fortunate options (For example, I never liked the reaper's GS which is slow by design so I hope we aren't going to get something similarly out of my personal "fun window").

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10

6 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Please fellow necromancers, we already know that some adjustment are meant to be introduced for scourge in July. Just respect the fact that this thread isn't about the june 27 patch but about the weapons that will be introduced in the next x-pac.

I would have expected the devs to open this thread later thought. I might have missed something but, personally, I have yet to see any of the coming swords skills.

That said, I'll say that I'm not really thrilled by the choice of providing new weapons instead of elite specs. I might not be part of the majority but I've never considered e-specs weapons as the main selling point of the various e-specs. At best I saw them as (un)fortunate options (For example, I never liked the reaper's GS which is slow by design so I hope we aren't going to get something similarly out of my personal "fun window").

I don't think we're getting swords to play with this weekend.  Pretty sure we're just going to get to play with pistol, torch, and greatsword on different specs.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

I don't think we're getting swords to play with this weekend.  Pretty sure we're just going to get to play with pistol, torch, and greatsword on different specs.

I expected it to be easier for them to showcase new weapons for a weekend instead of temporarily breaking the current profession system. I might be wrong though.

Edit: I'll even add that giving feedback on things that we've already played with for many years isn't going to be really entrertaining.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 1

My reasoning is that we're not getting the new weapons right away with the expansion release, so they're probably just not ready. After all, these new weapons will bring with them 60 new skills in total (including ambush skills (from Thief, Mirage, and Untamed) and hybrid skills (from Thief and Weaver)).

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If you revert the Necromancer changes I might consider going along with this. You didn't listen to the feedback for the recent patch. You didn't even say you heard the feedback, never mind taking it into consideration. So what use is our feedback going to have if you're not even going to listen to it? Are you trying to make people forget about this by ignoring the "balancing" patch clown show of your own creation and try to divert our attention away from it? Hell, why would I even buy the expansion at this point? Maybe a good old fashioned boycott would do the trick. Money talks and kitten walks, after all...

• Like 25
  • Confused 3

You guys have shown zero interest in taking any feedback from the community so we have zero incentive to provide any further when we know full well that we’re all just screaming into the void.

I encourage everyone who felt ignored and unhappy with this recent balance patch to not pre-order or buy the next expansion. Maybe they’ll finally listen when money’s on the line.

• Like 28
  • Confused 5

If its just the weapons there isn't a lot to actually test from a PvE perspective.

Pistol becomes an automatic include on all scourge builds. Torch becomes an automatic include on all Harbinger builds. Its not all that interesting unfortunately.

Greatsword is more of the wild card, But I doubt it'll be enough for Power Harbinger to see use. Especially considering Power Reaper will likely remain superior. Power harbinger doesn't have the damage in shroud to make up the difference between the two specs. And Power Quickness harbinger just isn't going to be able to compete with Condition harbinger.

Without even playing with them, I know necromancer well enough to know how these weapons will be used and on what builds. Reaper MIGHT want to use pistol or torch, but I highly doubt that because of how bleed focus condi reaper is.

I'm not a big fan of this change personally because it makes the specs feel a bit more similar. Luckily necromancer's elite specs have very different play feels so its not too big of an issue, but for another profession I could see bigger issues.

Unless you have something hidden for us where we can customize the skills of the weapons, there isn't a lot we can really tell you.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The Weaponmaster Training beta event for Secrets of the Obscure is open to all Guild Wars 2 players from June 29 until July 2! Try out the combat changes that are coming with SotO on August 22 and let us know what you think. You can leave your feedback for the necromancer in this thread.

I know you aren't a dev, so this isn't directed at you (sorry you have to be the face):
I'm not in a very cooperative mood when my entire build was ripped out. I neither want to beta test or pay money to play the content in the least. It's absolutely audacious of management to expect us to act as such. And not in a good way.

• Like 19
  • Confused 2

This beta weekend has one purpose: To exite people to preorder the expansion with cheap new content, because it is technically aready coded. It's just a marketing event.

Ofc I will play the beta, because why not, it's for free, but I will not preorder the expansion with this mess that the necro class currently is.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

• Greatsword/Pistol/Torch are now usable across all Necro specializations
  • In WvW, a Soulbeast will now be able to use Longbow/Staff for high DPS + mobility at 1500 range
  • When a WvW Zerg pulls off from combat, unsupported Necros seems to always be near the tail, targeted/sniped by Rangers/Thieves
  • Unless the weapons for Necros have higher range, or allow longer teleport/leaps/mobility (Shadow Shroud/portals etc.), I wonder how any necro can win 1v1 in WvW against a Soulbeast or Deadeye, don't fight alone? 🙀
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Woop S.7851 said:
  • Greatsword/Pistol/Torch are now usable across all Necro specializations
  • In WvW, a Soulbeast will now be able to use Longbow/Staff for high DPS + mobility at 1500 range
  • When a WvW Zerg pulls off from combat, unsupported Necros seems to always be near the tail, targeted/sniped by Rangers/Thieves
  • Unless the weapons for Necros have higher range, or allow longer teleport/leaps/mobility (Shadow Shroud/portals etc.), I wonder how any necro can win 1v1 in WvW against a Soulbeast or Deadeye, don't fight alone? 🙀

When you are worried about staff soulbeast, then you haven't seen rifle daredevil yet.

• Confused 4