Daily "Put Arc Divider Back" post until CmC notices or I get a suspension any% speedrun [Merged]

17 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 actually true the only thing that is abit stupid is..... Arc Divider is actually worse than Arcing slice (Core Burst) cause it does not gain Fury and Warrior highly relies on crit Chance ^^

Well you can still use a tier 1 arcing slice as berserker to get some fury. Also arc divider does as much damage as arcing slice to targets below 50% hp. It also has double the radius. So they’re definitely distinct enough, imo.

• 1 month later...

I still don't understand the why behind this change. Was it because you could "strip" aegis of 15 (well theoretically 30 with Blood Reckoning) peepos once in a blue moon when you could land the 3 hit and somehow those 3 hit didn't hit the same targets more than once, and somehow you didn't get cced or just obliterated in that timeframe while plowing through an ennemy zerg ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeshGros.9043 said:

I still don't understand the why behind this change. Was it because you could "strip" aegis of 15 (well theoretically 30 with Blood Reckoning) peepos once in a blue moon when you could land the 3 hit and somehow those 3 hit didn't hit the same targets more than once, and somehow you didn't get cced or just obliterated in that timeframe while plowing through an ennemy zerg ?

I would honestly like the balance team to spend a month or more playing Warrior only. Just so they collectively get a bit of a clue as to how it just feels to play this class in competitive modes.

Warrior can win fights, for sure, but it feels absolutely awful while trying to do so.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, WeshGros.9043 said:

My best guess is that some Anet developer got their kitten rocked by facetanking a berserker while in a wvw blob. Pretty sure @Azure The Heartless.3261 was involved in that to some degree, but its just a hunch.

It truely feels like a vandetta against warriors as a profession. It cant be indifference at this point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2023 at 11:29 PM, Mantello.4190 said:

I have used warrior as pve main with greatsword since day 1 and accumulated 9600+ hours on it, but with every day found it increasingly harder to be wanted in fractal/raid/strike groups, who usually would prefer boon dpsers and other classes that bring extra support/synergy buffs to the group. Doing bosses you constantly have to move away from them in order to do certain mechanics and just a sitting duck doing nothing for half of the time. At this point the only viable option of using warrior was playing open world, but since you get punished everywhere for being a melee class, only okish dps was balancing it. But now there's absolutely not a single reason to be playing it. If you took a look, you'd realize that 90%+ of players are ranged classes. This said, melee in pve already was garbage due to many reasons that doesn't let you effectively deal constant dmg, so I personally switched to an mesmer last year and don't even regret it. Best choice I ever made in this game. It will obliterate everything on your screen with perm condi spam, especially if you learn to properly choose your targets (usually mobs that are way further) for that massive aoe dmg. Also it's super easy to play and it feels that my efficiency improved nearly double due to several abilities that lets you do much more for your team and actually being able to carry in many instances. GG anet for killing warrior just as you did support guard in wvw on which I got to 6k rank and never touched since that nerf. Keep it up!

Amen.

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Daily "Put Arc Divider Back" post until CmC notices or I get a suspension any% speedrun [Merged]

Sorry to strongly disagree with you all, but you guys don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. I’m top 20 in EU PvP with new arc divider (not a boast, just saying from the perspective of someone with decent mechanical ability), the previous version was too easily reacted upon, so prior to this change, I didn’t even run greatsword.

CMC, the change was a success, the skill is far superior now. I’m very happy to be making excellent use of my legendary greatsword skin. 8^) ❤️

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Sorry to strongly disagree with you all, but you guys don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. I’m top 20 in EU PvP with new arc divider (not a boast, just saying from the perspective of someone with decent mechanical ability), the previous version was too easily reacted upon, so prior to this change, I didn’t even run greatsword.

CMC, the change was a success, the skill is far superior now. I’m very happy to be making excellent use of my legendary greatsword skin. 8^) ❤️

Saying from the perspective of someone else "with decent mechanical ability" (#notaboast), I really don't care wether the skill became more viable in PvP, my beef is that many in the #3spins crowd just felt incredibly cool in PvE or wherever going absolutely ham with their huge sword, swinging like a maniac like someone who's actually going kitten berserk.

Bright idea: make a trait for PvPers that changes  the Chad3spin to the superefficient-bookwurm-1spin, for the PvP gods that want that. 

Also, maybe don't tell a community they don't know what they're talking about when you don't have any idea why they're saying what they're saying, or what is important for them to enjoy the game ❤️

Edited by Eclipse.2543
My previous word for "huge" didn't pass the kittenfilter 😹
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1