Are daily login rewards going away?

21 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

Does anyone here think logging in on many accounts a day and sending mails to your main is fun?

I don't think anyone can honestly say so

This is not fun gameplay

The future of this system I guess all depends if Arena Net thinks they are making more money from people buying multiple accounts vs those people potentially buying gems instead

With what you guys are saying about the NVIDIA promo, sounds like to me that this is lost money for them

It seems likely they will want to change how it works

It is not about 'fun', it is effective and efficient. Am I a big fan of it? Definitely no. However, keep in mind that multiple accounts are the backbones of the T6 mats and MCs  in the game. Removing them in a whim WITHOUT any as efficient/fast replacement will completely destroy the economy at least for 6 months, with increased demand for crafting new legendaries and dropped supply with no T6s/MCs from the login rewards

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

27 minutes ago, Merloin.4816 said:

It is not about 'fun', it is effective and efficient. Am I a big fan of it? Definitely no. However, keep in mind that multiple accounts are the backbones of the T6 mats and MCs  in the game. Removing them in a whim WITHOUT any as efficient/fast replacement will completely destroy the economy at least for 6 months, with increased demand for crafting new legendaries and dropped supply with no T6s/MCs from the login rewards

If the foundation of the economy is build upon people logging in on on multiple accounts ... Something's wrong

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

If the foundation of the economy is build upon people logging in on on multiple accounts ... Something's wrong

Agreed. But simply removing the login rewards won't fix it.

Every account can currently get 20 mystic coins and 7 mystic clovers just by logging in every 28 days. That's 13/14 clovers towards your next legendary. Take those away without adjusting the ability to earn them through gameplay, and you are massively skewing the legendary grind and the economy that revolves around that. Upheaval that won't be good for the health of the game.

If they are going to remove them, they can't do it in a vacuum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

Every account can currently get 20 mystic coins and 7 mystic clovers just by logging in every 28 days. That's 13/14 clovers towards your next legendary. Take those away without adjusting the ability to earn them through gameplay, and you are massively skewing the legendary grind and the economy that revolves around that. Upheaval that won't be good for the health of the game.

If they are going to remove them, they can't do it in a vacuum.

If they were to change how the login and daily systems function, they would probably have some sort of plan for this stuff

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Merloin.4816 said:

Removing them in a whim WITHOUT any as efficient/fast replacement will completely destroy the economy at least for 6 months, with increased demand for crafting new legendaries and dropped supply with no T6s/MCs from the login rewards

Instead of "economy" it should be "multiboxers gold source".. multiboxers should honestly get the same treatment by anet as mystic coins duplication abusers got recently.. i mean those 2 things look pretty similar to me, except one method is illegal and other doesnt look like it was intended by anet to work like that, its just people abusing it for their own profit as long as it will last, thanks to them t6 prices is crap already, you are just ruining the profit for everyone who farms t6s intended way instead of multiboxing 

Just for fun got check the old t6s prices with the current ones ^^ how long anet will be waitting, are we gonna see eventualy t6s costing a few silvers in the future aswell? Since as long as multiboxing will exist prices will just keep dropping

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

If they were to change how the login and daily systems function, they would probably have some sort of plan for this stuff

Perhaps some little thing called the Wizard Vault. After all it was stated that you will be able to earn legendary mats from it as well.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Just for fun got check the old t6s prices with the current ones ^^ how long anet will be waitting, are we gonna see eventualy t6s costing a few silvers in the future aswell? Since as long as multiboxing will exist prices will just keep dropping

Like the bots existence in every area of the game.

It's great for the developers to lower the price of the T6 for less gold income and more gems purchases.

31 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

They never said they will remove it.

They just add some dailies, weeklies and monthlies Zaishens Challenge Quests with account bound Zaishen Coins to encourage people to rediscover some parts of the game and make it alive.

Nobody seriously need those rewards on multiple accounts, especially for the ones who are only dedicated to login rewards.

The Wizard's Vault reward the main accounts but, as the secondary accounts are a great source of profit, they won't touch the login rewards.

Multiboxing is one of the mains grey areas of the game like the bots and the wintrading in PvP. It's too grounded from a financial point of view to be changed.

Edited by Anvar.5673
  • Confused 4

30 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Like the bots existence in every area of the game.

It's great for the developers to lower the price of the T6 for less gold income and more gems purchases.

They never said they will remove it.

They just add some dailies, weeklies and monthlies Zaishens Challenge Quests with account bound Zaishen Coins to encourage people to rediscover some parts of the game and make it alive.

Nobody seriously need those rewards on multiple accounts, especially for the ones who are only dedicated to login rewards.

The Wizard's Vault reward the main accounts but, as the secondary accounts are a great source of profit, they won't touch the login rewards.

Multiboxing is one of the mains grey areas of the game like the bots and the wintrading in PvP. It's too grounded from a financial point of view to be changed.

I'm not even convinced it is that big financial boost for Arena Net anymore (selling alt accounts)

If it was, why on earth would they do these promo's where they give the base game away for free?

Obviously to attract new players to the game, but if the multiple account sales was as essential to their profit as you suggest, they would have found another way

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

I'm not even convinced it is that big financial boost to them anymore (multiple accounts)

If it was, why on earth would they do these promo's where they give the base game away for free?

Obviously to attract new players to the game, but if the multiple account sales was as essential to their profit as you suggest, they would have found another way

I literally know the guy who gives away hundreds of gold just to flex how rich he is meanwhile he had hundreds of thousands of gold and thanks to multiboxing from daily rewards, he even admitted himself it was the main gold source for him.. so yeah financial boost is pretty big for having ton of accounts to harvest.. i mean anet is literally losing money if he would decided to do some gold to gems conversion, meanwhile most of the accounts was from free giveaways with heroic editions .. and he is just one example of many other multiboxers 

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

I literally know the guy who gives away hundreds of gold just to flex how rich he is meanwhile he had hundreds of thousands of gold and thanks to multiboxing from daily rewards, he even admitted himself it was the main gold source for him.. so yeah financial boost is pretty big for having ton of accounts to harvest.. i mean anet is literally losing money if he would decided to do some gold to gems conversion, meanwhile most of the accounts was from free giveaways with heroic editions 

I said/meant, that I'm not convinced it's a big financial boost for Arena Net anymore 🙂

Sry for the confusion, edited my post

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Wow. That sounds like a huge chore and I can see why they'd burnout more often. Personally, I don't know anyone in game with multiple accounts (aside from "managing" their family member's accounts). I'd only seem examples of large amounts of accounts in videos on youtube.

I have 10 accounts (that I paid for, no freebies) that I log into daily. I log in, right click the daily chest and log out unless there's a daily mystic forger. I mostly want the mystic coins and the mats for crafting. The idea of actually doing ten sets of daily achievements sounds like hell to me.

I also buy gems all the time for my main account. I can't see ArenaNet actually removing login rewards their nature may change but they'd be truly foolish to remove them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

For someone with many many accounts who actually login every day on them all, there's not much reason to buy gems anymore, other than if they just want to support the company, and sure, some might do that ... I don't think it's exactly the majority though

It actually does not matter. The gems still get bought for real money - just by someone else. That's the ingenuity of the system Anet introduced - even those that buy gems for gold are still earning money for Anet, just not directly.

2 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

Oh, come on, this is Anet we're talking about. For them forgetting about key issue (or issues) that are related to a change would not be an exception - it would be a norm.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

Instead of "economy" it should be "multiboxers gold source".. multiboxers should honestly get the same treatment by anet as mystic coins duplication abusers got recently.. i mean those 2 things look pretty similar to me, except one method is illegal and other doesnt look like it was intended by anet to work like that, its just people abusing it for their own profit as long as it will last, thanks to them t6 prices is crap already, you are just ruining the profit for everyone who farms t6s intended way instead of multiboxing 

Feel free to call it whatever you fancy. The names or how it does work should not be the focus here. On the other hand, I am not saying it should not be removed. Personally don't find it healthy at all either, nor like it. But anet should be careful with the new systems they implement, so the efficiency of new ways of getting T6 mats, MCs and etc to be the same. Otherwise supply will not be able to satisfy the demand at all.

Additionally, multiboxers can get a lot of gold for free, hence why they can convert golds into gems more than most people, which helps to balance the gem conversion rates. Lower gem costs encourage people to buy gems and convert into gold. So, this side of the game also should be taken into account and balanced before totally removing the daily login rewards.

I am all in for them getting removed, but things are a bit more complicated to balance than it looks

Edited by Merloin.4816
  • Like 3

On 7/30/2023 at 7:25 AM, Merloin.4816 said:

Additionally, multiboxers can get a lot of gold for free...

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this as nothing is 'free'!

Apart from purchasing the extra accounts, setting up the email addresses, setting up the accounts themselves, setting up all the MFA requirements... you then have to login to each account every day.  Arenanet have also made this more tricky by adding a time delay for every account logged into from the same IP address.  By the time you get to 30 accounts you really need to be switching to a different IP.  If you switch on a VPN you'll get a new IP address and then have to deal with MFA requests on all your logins as well adding more delay...unless you run multiple internet connections with static IP addresses (at a cost).  So... there's a huge time investment both initially and ongoing for those that go this route.

If you then add in time to transfer all the login rewards every 28 days, for 30 accounts you'd be looking at an average of 30 minutes per day of effort (1 minute per account/day to load the screen, click the boxes, transfer the stuff etc) ... and you can't script this stuff...  This equates to 14 hours of effort every 28 days across 30 accounts, getting you a reward of 600 MCs plus around 300 of each T6 mat (if you go with heavy laurel bags).  Overall return on time investment is around 800g/month - for 14 hours effort each month.  Alternatively you could by 3500 Gems and convert them to slightly more gold for around $40 each month.  Having said all that though... either option is a better return than farming Drizzlewood for 20g/hr!

I guess the overall question is:  would you rather spend $40/month on gems or eat up 14 hours of time/month instead?  The option is yours but, I guess if you feel your time is worth more than $3/hour then buying gems is the way to go?

As for the rest of the post though... I agree... the supply/demand balance is very precarious and Anet need to be very cautious how they implement change... but I guess that's like trying to teach Grandma how to suck eggs 😉

Edited by Stygian Abyss.7203
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2023 at 4:49 AM, jokke.6239 said:

Does anyone here think logging in on many accounts a day and sending mails to your main is fun?

I don't think anyone can honestly say so

This is not fun gameplay

The future of this system I guess all depends if Arena Net thinks they are making more money from people buying multiple accounts vs those people potentially buying gems instead

With what you guys are saying about the NVIDIA promo, sounds like to me that this is lost money for them

It seems likely they will want to change how it works

Stick the loot in your guild bank once a week and collect afterwards. I do that on Monday after collecting the A.S.S. on each of my accounts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Wizard’s Vault replaces the existing daily login rewards and daily achievements—specifically the generic Daily category. Other categories (like Daily Fractals, Daily End of Dragons, etc.) will still be around in the achievements panel. You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

The Wizard’s Vault replaces the existing daily login rewards and daily achievements—specifically the generic Daily category. Other categories (like Daily Fractals, Daily End of Dragons, etc.) will still be around in the achievements panel. You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement.

Hang on, does that mean we're losing the PVP and WVW dailies? Those are both in the generic daily category.

I don't trust ANET to know this, or appreciate what getting rid of it means. Not based on their recent track record. And their record of forgetting about those game modes entirely.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

Hang on, does that mean we're losing the PVP and WVW dailies? Those are both in the generic daily category.

I don't trust ANET to know this, or appreciate what getting rid of it means. Not based on their recent track record. And their record of forgetting about those game modes entirely.

You can chose spvp, wvw or pve dailies in the new system or a mix of 2 or 3 if you like.

I think it will be similar to the guild mission thing.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

Well no reason for me to purchase this expansion. What Anet doesn't seem to grasp is that I, and I imagine others, are not fashionistas, nor are we greatly skilled players of GW2, in fact we're terrible as players due to real life circumstances that cant be changed such as disabilities. I play the game for fun but I progress no further than core game, because I can not play it above level 75ish without taking a dirtnap constantly and then GW@ is no fun. I saw the suggestions to jump ahead and get my glider quests done... and I got STOMPED HARD. Not trying that again... and on top of that I did not like the story narrative jumping ahead so much just so I could learn glider. I would rather wait until I get the story done to that point even if it means I never get that far.

And they are considering having us do all the expansions through until we can access this Wizards Vault to get back something similar to what we get now? I supported Anet and purchased HoT/PoF and EoD to show my appreciation for a game I truly enjoy, but do I see my characters ever getting to this Wizard's Vault? Not if I have to play the game through to get there, just like I do not believe I'll ever use a glider to use any other mount except the basic raptor. I appreciate the daily login gift and would like to see it remain in a way that someone like myself will still be able to access it. Cheers Anet, your game, your IP, do what you will I suppose.

Edited by Gardavil.1762
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Gardavil.1762 said:

Well no reason for me to purchase this expansion. What Anet doesn't seem to grasp is that I, and I imagine others, are not fashionistas, nor are we greatly skilled players of GW2, in fact we're terrible as players due to real life circumstances that cant be changed such as disabilities. I play the game for fun but I progress no further than core game, because I can not play it above level 75ish without taking a dirtnap constantly and then GW@ is no fun. I saw the suggestions to jump ahead and get my glider quests done... and I got STOMPED HARD. Not trying that again... and on top of that I did not like the story narrative jumping ahead so much just so I could learn glider. I would rather wait until I get the story done to that point even if it means I never get that far.

And they are considering having us do all the expansions through until we can access this Wizards Vault to get back something similar to what we get now? I supported Anet and purchased HoT/PoF and EoD to show my appreciation for a game I truly enjoy, but do I see my characters ever getting to this Wizard's Vault? Not if I have to play the game through to get there, just like I do not believe I'll ever use a glider to use any other mount except the basic raptor. Cheers Anet, your game, your IP, do what you will I suppose.

You will be able to access the Wizard's Vault whether or not you own expansions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

You will be able to access the Wizard's Vault whether or not you own expansions.

How can that be if a player can't get their character to the region that the expansion takes place in? I understood the Wizard's Vault is a place... not a window in the game. Perhaps I misunderstood.

• Confused 1