Vote for your preferred upcoming weapon per Adventure Profession.

VocalThought.9835

Vote for the upcoming weapon  

98 members have voted

1. 1. The upcoming Engineer weapon should be?

2. 2. The upcoming Thief weapon should be?

3. 3. The upcoming Ranger weapon should be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2023 at 04:00 AM

1 hour ago, Darth Pooh.5638 said:

2. I want to see surprising combinations. Let me see engi use a focus in a totally different way.

Tbh, I think engi fits well with focus. It can be something like a big "battery" which you can use to store and release incredible magic power. 

Warhorn and scepter should also fit.

• Like 4

I don't like that Engi has dual axe but Thief and Ranger don't have dual weapon options like mace/focus or axe/axe (axe/sword).

If I were to prioritize Engi based on need (OH) and overall "techiness" of a weapon, torch wins hands down (followed closely by WH which isn't in your options). But go ahead and throw it a MH axe too.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

My pick for Engineer was not on the pole… I vote Engineer should have been getting mainhand Scepter… my reasoning is simple. Despite it being a traditionally magical weapon, it doesn’t have to be. Also, the Engineer has access to technology that can appear magical to make it work. The idea is basically to use electric, sonic, and magnetic themed abilities.

I choose offhand Focus on thief. It would be a perfect complement weapon for the scepter. As things are, offhand choices on thief are terrible… I would have alternatively chosen Torch if it were there instead… but focus is my first choice here.

Ranger needs rifle… we’ve been asking for it since day 1…

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thief identity has always been a good match with piercing/finesse weapons. I do not understand why an axe can be considered a good fit when it is neither a piercing weapon nor a finesse one, with most of its weight being distributed at the tip, making it off-balanced. It is high time Thief gets an offhand sword.

• Like 1

Voted Engi Focus, though I'd like a more "magitech" approach to a scepter on it. Staff could fit the theme too, though.

Thief vote went to Focus too. I'd love for off-hand Sword, having the potential for an actual proper bruiser-type of setup (that S/D almost was, years ago) would be amazing. I don't much like having to run from most 1v1's in competitive modes once player skill levels get close.t

But I think a focus could tie in better towards the Shadow Magic aspect, which is currently lacking outside of scepter(/Specter).

Ranger Rifle seems a no-brainer. Sure it's a lovey-dovey protect nature type right now, but a wee bit of brutality can't hurt and in nature it's sometimes necessary to cull the population of certain creatures to benefit all.

• Like 2

Ranger's reasoning for not having guns is a muddled mess, "guns aren't natural" despite iron and gunpowder being either things found directly in nature, or a chemical mix of things found in nature. (Carbon and Saltpeter, which is also used as fertilizer oddly enough.) It might have something to do with industrialization, or being seen as a thing about hunting, but in real life, as humans have killed many natural predators, many prey animals cause chaos in the ecosystem. The reasons hunters have "seasons" is to fill this void and cull the overpopulated prey animals. I think this could be twisted as a lore reason for Rangers to use rifles, especially as "hunter snipers".  It's a clean quick kill, a painless death, where as if an arrow misses it's mark it's extremely painful and slowly bleeds the animal out while it runs away in pain. Of course, being Rangers, make them just as quick to turn their scope on poachers. Perhaps include solarpunk (technology and nature in harmony) into it some way.

If Anet is going to be stringent on "no guns", then Shield. LotRO has a "Warden Class" which is basically a dodgy ranger tank. Pair shield with greatsword and flavor it as a martial defender of the forest. Similarly, an argument is to be made for scepter, would be nice to get more nature magic. I still strongly recommend Rife however.

Thief is harder, it's my least played class. I'm going to go with what most of the community has asked for, either greatsword or offhand sword.

Engie shortbow could be neat, truthfully, especially if it's an alchemist lobbing elixers like how thief shortbow lobs bombs. I doubt it's going to be something like that though. Expecting a ranged power weapons with a very generic skillset based on a modern composite bow. Torch or Axe would be cool, seeing as they are tools. Rather engie get a main hand condi weapon or a pistol rework though.

• Like 1

since we are getting Shorbow this expansion for Engineer, My voite remains only Greatsword, Staff, and Focus now.

Greatsword is a good option for Tech swords which been one of many things used in fantasy theme games when it comes to engineering a sword using technology. Most maybe too young to remember Mana Khemia from the Atelier game series where a character named Flay Gunnar used a Tech sword that had multiple functions. It used the basic sword form for melee combat but it also had the ability to thrown a giant Ninja star as a Boomerang that was built into the blade, generate electricity to enhance the attacks, create a shockwave, and transform into a drill for drill attacks.

Staff is something I hope to see due to the old Technomancer theme.

Focus is something I see like GW2 version of a Tech Gauntlet. A lot of Sci-fi and Fantasy theme series that involve technology sometimes create tech gauntlets as a means to manipulate things. Omni tool from Mass Effect series is probably the more well known Tech Gauntlet due to how popular Mass Effect was.