GS2 is a joke

iminxi.8514

This is very well established in this forum. Hundred blades out-damages the auto attack by 4%. 2% if you factor in the vulnerability on auto attack. This all comes at one of the highest costs paid for any damage-only skill (full root, back loaded damage on a 3s cast).

So how can it be fixed? Well there’s a few ways;

First is the easiest; lower it’s cast time to, iirc, 2.25s to make its coefficient/cast within line with other channeled damage-first skills.

Second; unroot it. I’m not a fan of this one, as it’s still quite a lackluster skill if you unroot it. I’d prefer a skill that gives adequate reward for the cost it imposes and has a larger impact because of the root than a skill that performs mediocre with less costs imposed. Just my opinion though.

Third; a full rework. There’s a lot of ways this could be done; make it a 360 area of effect 240 range with increased damage, make it a chain attack (like daredevil elite) that goes 3 strikes .5s cast, 4 strikes .5s cast, then a final strike that is a 600 range leap. Those are just random ideas, theres a million more out there. A full rework is costly and absolutely unnecessary for hundred blades imo. While there’s a bunch of fun ideas, hundred blades works very well with warrior’s kit mechanically. There’s other places on Warrior that actually need full reworks. Hundred blades is not one of those. It just needs its numbers fixed. 

So how does hundred blades get better? Just drop its cast time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Third; a full rework. There’s a lot of ways this could be done; make it a 360 area of effect 240 range with increased damage, make it a chain attack (like daredevil elite) that goes 3 strikes .5s cast, 4 strikes .5s cast, then a final strike that is a 600 range leap. Those are just random ideas, theres a million more out there. A full rework is costly and absolutely unnecessary for hundred blades imo. While there’s a bunch of fun ideas, hundred blades works very well with warrior’s kit mechanically. There’s other places on Warrior that actually need full reworks. Hundred blades is not one of those. It just needs its numbers fixed.

We could replace it with the good old 3 hit arc divider that everyone love? 🤪 (it's a joke... maybe)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

This is very well established in this forum. Hundred blades out-damages the auto attack by 4%. 2% if you factor in the vulnerability on auto attack. This all comes at one of the highest costs paid for any damage-only skill (full root, back loaded damage on a 3s cast).

So how can it be fixed? Well there’s a few ways;

First is the easiest; lower it’s cast time to, iirc, 2.25s to make its coefficient/cast within line with other channeled damage-first skills.

Second; unroot it. I’m not a fan of this one, as it’s still quite a lackluster skill if you unroot it. I’d prefer a skill that gives adequate reward for the cost it imposes and has a larger impact because of the root than a skill that performs mediocre with less costs imposed. Just my opinion though.

So how does hundred blades get better? Just drop its cast time.

All points are valid options, imo. Great post!

As for me personally, unrooting it seems to yield the most viability in both pve and pvp scenarios, perhaps instead it would make you move slower, a self slow so to speak. It would have some good harmony with other abilities that inflict slows/cripples and would allow it to be more reliable in pve.

Edited by demonbeetle.2387

24 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If it were a 2 to 2.5s cast time skill then it would be better, mostly due to quickness. It may not need to be mobile after that, but I'd rather do a couple of buffs at a time rather than massively OP it only to get nerfed to a worse overall state later on.

Or if it gave you a second of superspeed if the cast is fully completed. Would be cool, some sort of battle fever 

• Like 1

They should make it track like Dragon Tooth on Elementalist 😄

Jokes aside, I think they keep it around because it's a multihit that generates Might with the GS trait. I'd love to remove the root at least though. Make us a beyblade like Reaper.

Edited by Vinny.7260
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Your title is wrong. GS2 is not the joke. GS in its entirety is the joke.

Hundred Blades is still being rooted. Whirlwind has too little range (it should be at least 600). Bladetrail is too slow (it should be 1/2 seconds, not 3/4). Rush also is too slow (it should be 1 second or at most 1,5 seconds) and often fails too connect with the enemy (at least in my experience).

Warrior's Greatsword is just a clunky mess and my least favourite Greatsword in the game. As with most of Warrior's kit, it feels like it got left behind in 2012.

And as if that wasn't already enough, Arc Divider got neutered in the last patch.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 9

19 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

feels like it got left behind in 2012.

fyi 2012 version of warrior's greatsword was way stronger, having 2012 version of warrior's greatsword today, with its damage intact, would be a huge buff. 🤣

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

58 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

fyi 2012 version of warrior's greatsword was way stronger, having 2012 version of warrior's greatsword today, with its damage intact, would be a huge buff. 🤣

I purposely left out the damage numbers and focussed on the parts that impact my fun the most: the weapon abilities simply feeling too terrible to me on a mechanical level.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I purposely left out the damage numbers and focussed on the parts that impact my fun the most: the weapon abilities simply feeling too terrible to me on a mechanical level.

I like the gs3 and 5 tbh, 4 and 5 feel clunky but 4 is kinda cool with the immob on slow combo. 

Make every hit stun your opponent for a quarter of a second. 

🤣 Could you imagine though

Reasonable suggestion: Have it recharge GS sword skills by a full (or 3/4ths, or half) second every time it hits something. 

Now when you hit GS 2 you get cds back on your burst, your evades, and rush. instead of trying to create situations where the whole skill will hit in PVP, you have more mobility to play around with. And in PVE, where your entire skill will likely hit - hey, you just recharged- *retch* - arc divider, you can spin again now. 

And it's thematic! hundred blades - > Gives you more blade skills. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Make every hit stun your opponent for a quarter of a second. 

🤣 Could you imagine though

Reasonable suggestion: Have it recharge GS sword skills by a full (or 3/4ths, or half) second every time it hits something. 

Now when you hit GS 2 you get cds back on your burst, your evades, and rush. instead of trying to create situations where the whole skill will hit in PVP, you have more mobility to play around with. And in PVE, where your entire skill will likely hit - hey, you just recharged- *retch* - arc divider, you can spin again now. 

And it's thematic! hundred blades - > Gives you more blade skills. 

Woah there, easy tiger. Sounding like Virtuoso with all this blade talk...

Also GS Sword. Smh my head.

I'd add a conditional statement to the skill where if you land more than 4 hits on that skill, get 25 might and quickness to mow down the new person who totally ate it.

• Haha 3