suggestion : provide account names for forum reactions when hovering above them

1 hour ago, Anvar.5673 said:

I would really like to validate that and be able to see who use some reactions could help that.

The problem is that today I'm convinced that if those 10 people weren't on the forums for a few days, half of negative reactions would magically disaspear.

Another interesting thing could be to not show the negative reactions in the first hours to encourage the debate instead of nip it in the bud. Today a lot of people are afraid to freely speak up.

The Youtube's approach of hiding dislikes forever is interesting too (and I don't speak about some gimmicks with adblockers to hide them).

Why would it need to be validated?  Further, why does it even matter?  I've had all kinds of reactions to posts here, and none of them particularly stand out, because at the end of the day they have no bearing on what I said, nor on what I think.  I don't allow other people to define me, and so, when they react, it's for them, and has no effect on me.  I don't care if my opinions are "popular" or not, I'm not big on being a people pleaser, and so I don't need others to validate me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 1:47 AM, Nate Anabe.6091 said:

I blocked the emojis within the first 2 or 3 months of them being added. I consider them to by unnecessary screen clutter that does not add anything relevant to what ever post that they are being applied to.

As for attaching names to them, what happens when you have 30 to 40 sad and confused emojis to go through to ask them why?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Every confused vote is mine. Problem solved. 

Actually, I don't have a horse in this race. I wouldn't mind if people knew I was behind the confused votes I do, and I do use it much like a downvote most of the time. There used to be a downvote on this forum and I liked it better.  But the community is using it as a what the kitten are you talking about button, and I'm falling in with that. I think it makes sense. There aren't enough posts that legitmately confuse me for an emote of that to be necessary and for the ones that exist, it's simple enough to ask for clarification. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I guess I was right about anything but keep your head in the sand I guess.

I always agree about providing account names for forum reactions when hovering above them.

There are too much cowards here.

Or just don't care about them, good or bad I guess if that is what confused means.  That's the easier way to deal with it.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Nine Inch Snails.7963 said:

Or just don't care about them, good or bad I guess if that is what confused means.  That's the easier way to deal with it.

I honestly agree but sometimes there is so much bad faith and bad intentions behind this that it can be difficult and very hurting for some people

I sincerely think that just removing thoses reactions will help the community to debate in a more healthy way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

I honestly agree but sometimes there is so much bad faith and bad intentions behind this that it can be difficult and very hurting for some people

I sincerely think that just removing thoses reactions will help the community to debate in a more healthy way.

I've seen plenty of healthy discussions and debates here that never even mention silly emojis.  So I doubt a little picture some people apply to a post is hindering that.  But whatever.  I give you a  👎.     😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Snails.7963 said:

I've seen plenty of healthy discussions and debates here that never even mention silly emojis.  So I doubt a little picture some people apply to a post is hindering that.  But whatever.  I give you a  👎.     😀

You just give me right 🤡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

If a person is hurt by a forum emoji, then there are probably other factors involved there.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

If a person is hurt by a forum emoji, then there are probably other factors involved there.

Everyone is different.

Getting 30 notifications in a few seconds because one guy don't like you is not very healthy too, and any form of harassment should be avoided.

Conduct an experimentation for some months would be interesting.

Edited by Anvar.5673
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Everyone is different. Getting 30 notifications in a few seconds because one guy don't like you is not very healthy too. Conduct an experimentation for some months would be interesting.

Such an experiment would be highly subjective.  30 notifs of confused emoji would not affect me in the least.  Heck, I even have notifs turned off.  And I know that I have my own fan base here, but I don't let it bother me.

Yes, everyone is different which is why Anet cannot cater to each and every person, snowflake or no.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yes, everyone is different which is why Anet cannot cater to each and every person, snowflake or no.

That's not wrong too (even if I disagree to call people "snowflakes") but I think removing tendencious emojis would fit more with the openness philosophy of the studio.

That's why I sincerely request the team and the @Forum Moderator.3419 to conduct real tests.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo, formatting
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Forum Moderator already posted that emoji reactions were here to stay. 

I guess everyone can change, especially when there are real harassment issues and that doesn't really fit with the philosophy of the studio.

There is a new team in charge of Guild Wars 2, with a new Game Director, after all. Maybe they will have a different opinion.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Unlikely.

It was 2 years ago.

If the developers have another opinion about that form of harassment and doesn't agree with the calling harassed people "snowflakes", it will prevail.

Some reactions lead to nothing but only generate trolling and harassment.

We will see but at least I would have tried to make things better.

Edited by Anvar.5673
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

I guess everyone can change, especially when there are real harassment issues and that doesn't really fit with the philosophy of the studio.

What studio philosophy?  Would you care to share your insights on that and how it pertains to the topic of this thread?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

To my mind the reason people want to see the names behind emojis is so that they know who to harass next.  Some people want to emotionally abuse others, but they also want some excuse to justify it.  Displaying the names behind the emojis provides such a person with a hit list.  It works with positive emojis as well.  A belligerent player can decide to harass every player who gave a heart or a thanks to a post that they personally disagree with. 

Shouting "coward" at an anonymous reaction? Why? Because you want to know who they are. Why else taunt them so that they reveal themselves to you? Because you want to punish them.

So no, I don't believe that emojis should display names.  Humans are entirely too spiteful and vindictive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

There are too much cowards here.

You are hiding behind a pseudonym, anonymous, while calling other people names....and they are cowards?

Sure.

PS: confused emoji #8 is from me.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Hace 4 horas, Anvar.5673 dijo:

Fue hace 2 años.

Si los desarrolladores tienen otra opinión sobre esa forma de acoso y no están de acuerdo con llamar a las personas acosadas "copos de nieve", prevalecerá.

Algunas reacciones no llevan a nada sino que solo generan trolling y acoso.

Veremos, pero al menos habría intentado hacer las cosas mejor.

go as far as your opinion has come with that some faces hurt hahaha, I think I should turn off the internet and go out and live life? Suppose that at least they will take your idea to eliminate emoticons and also the surveys because of what you mentioned? If we now think that going to vote for a candidate and yours loses is a hate crime?🥲

Edited by Derktarlms.6213
totalitarianism
  • Like 3

Absolutely not.  I completely disagree with putting id tags on emojis.  I'm sure it's the same few people putting the confused emojis on people's posts.  Who cares.   

Edited by Tere.4759
Because confused is not really negative
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1