How does maul double hit? (not the obvious #5 combo or quickdraw trait)

Nothing.8564

The only class thats been bursting me down lately is ranger so I've been looking at my combat log vs them more and noticed in my last fight Maul double hit me instantly.

This was a 1v1 fight and combat log shows two instant 5,046 hits of maul from the same player. He was a soulbeast, so I read over their traits and whatnot and do not see anything that stands out to make this possible.

My build has perma regeneration which ticks every 1 second, the double maul hit me instantly within this 1 second window, not even quickness + alac paired with #5 combo or quickdraw trait could pull that off so I'm probably missing something that makes this possible. Thanks in advance for the info to whoever knows.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Nothing.8564 said:

The only class thats been bursting me down lately is ranger so I've been looking at my combat log vs them more and noticed in my last fight Maul double hit me instantly.

This was a 1v1 fight and combat log shows two instant 5,046 hits of maul from the same player. He was a soulbeast, so I read over their traits and whatnot and do not see anything that stands out to make this possible.

My build has perma regeneration which ticks every 1 second, the double maul hit me instantly within this 1 second window, not even quickness + alac paired with #5 combo or quickdraw trait could pull that off so I'm probably missing something that makes this possible. Thanks in advance for the info to whoever knows.

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of that SB build now.   It's really effective at wiping  more balanced classes that have to trade off defence for damage.   Have a look at streams of Engal showing it... and not only does it do stupid damage, but comes with an immob and daze out of invis.   SB is a beast right now.  I wonder if it can burst and beat a good BS?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of that SB build now.   It's really effective at wiping  more balanced classes that have to trade off defence for damage.   Have a look at streams of Engal showing it... and not only does it do stupid damage, but comes with an immob and daze out of invis.   SB is a beast right now.  I wonder if it can burst and beat a good BS?

It can 100-0 a bladesworn, but if it doesn’t then they just heal back to full up. 

Soulbeast in general needs a toning down. Probably OWP being 1/2s and pig maul getting a 25% damage nerf. I’d also make griffon stance 30s with 1.5s superspeed.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

It can 100-0 a bladesworn, but if it doesn’t then they just heal back to full up. 

Soulbeast in general needs a toning down. Probably OWP being 1/2s and pig maul getting a 25% damage nerf. I’d also make griffon stance 30s with 1.5s superspeed.

I honestly think if they just remove immobilize from boar and tone down the maul ability it’ll be fine.

this is a build that has existed and is only good generally if the meta allows it to.

tiny nerf and it’ll go back to ehh territory 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I honestly think if they just remove immobilize from boar and tone down the maul ability it’ll be fine.

this is a build that has existed and is only good generally if the meta allows it to.

tiny nerf and it’ll go back to ehh territory 

If it can only exist because of its broken damage then it shouldn’t exist. The warhorn 4 and OWP interaction is not healthy. Any ability that hits for over 10k without any might is probably not okay either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

If it can only exist because of its broken damage then it shouldn’t exist. The warhorn 4 and OWP interaction is not healthy. Any ability that hits for over 10k without any might is probably not okay either.

Things can do damage but still exist, i.e, power chrono -- they technically burst much quicker. The key word is "broken damage". To be fair I feel the damage on SB is fine... but what's annoying is the CC, stealth and blocks a SB can have.

As a burst WB I can usually melt them or at the very least pressure them away... but good players on Soulbeasts seem to never die. I don't like chasing a class for 10 seconds trying to get in a single hit...