is the pop up that tells you to switch maps broken?

i was waiting on a meta to get going we had enough people to do it. however that pop up that tells you to switch or it will do it in 59min. i was thinking ok maybe there will be even more people there so i switched. i get there and the map is dead didnt have enough people that would be needed to finish the event. i was under the impression when that pops up you will be moved to a more populated location do i have that wrong?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It is broken at least some of the time. I've had it pop up in the middle of doing reset LLA.

In terms of sending you into an equally empty instance that part might be working as expected. The system has never accounted for actual activity.  It is not sending you into a more active instance just one with relativity more people but it also doesn't care how those people are spread around.

The popup should always be ignored if you are already in a group with enough people for whatever. Possibly one of the most counterintuitive thing that a player needs to learn in this game.

• Like 5

That feature is behaving as if to get players to empty instances to distribute players among all instances equally...  Example... If two instances of bjora marches map created during the drakkar event but players moved to one instance specifically by joining a tag in lfg, other instance would need players for the server to consider that the instance been utilised optimally.. so it generates the popup to distribute players equally (but with wrong wording)... But players always like to join the most populated instance anyway... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

as well as moving you from a not populated map it also moves people from populated maps. This is a big problem for DE meta because the map is often full.

I believe it is triggered by people adding to the map or leaving.

I wish that the xp booster would have a longer and more substantial effect for characters under lvl 80 so that moving maps could be a way to farm xp. That being said it could be abused to lvl ridiculously fast, but they added the journey guide so.

• Confused 1

It's not quite working well. I'm usually coming to the Lily of the Elon and it shows me the map switching is not working very well.

1. I can get a map switch popup only 10 seconds after I loaded. (The game should have loaded me in the proper instance right away)
  2. After clicking YES to switch, I can get another popup to switch AGAIN. (The game should not have put me in a map that is going to be emptied one minute later)
  3. Meta events like Dragonfall or Dragon's Stand are progressed in a map instance. Map switching here will do more bad than good. Hence the map switch popup should be disabled on meta maps.
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

This popup is even funnier in Divinity's Reach. It will ALWAYS pop up after some time whent he map is absolutely hopping and instead take you to a completely new/empty map. I once tested it with a friend where we decided to stay on the map anyway. Everyone switched to the new map and the two of us just stood by the statue. When the count down reached about 15 mins left, suddenly all of the people that had left 45 mins ago started popping back in, as they got the popup AGAIN on the new map they switched to.

So basically, at least in DR, the maps just hop back and forth forever. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1