18,2k dmg in one second - soulbeast needs (maybe) nerf.

zyra.7860

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

The really really funny part of your post is that @Trevor Boyer.6524 keeps brining up engi as being equivalent.  And at the bottom of your picture you see how the egis super powered grenade barrage stacks up to the 5 hits from the ranger 🙂

In the last MAT, Helios was on Scrapper and threw a single Grenade Barrage at me from stealth which landed 15k'ish and 1shot me.

That's not even considering the rest of its combo.

• Like 5
  • Confused 8

16 hours ago, veritech.1048 said:

I also main support guard and tempest, the current meta is totally garbage with too many builds pumping out 15-20k damage combos in a second or two. It makes me feel like I'm just spamming my abilities off CD instead of using them reactively and skillfully.

were you here before the megapatch that nerfed all damage? it was a total clown show

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

In the last MAT, Helios was on Scrapper and threw a single Grenade Barrage at me from stealth which landed 15k'ish and 1shot me.

Ahh the arms race mentality. His nukes are bigger than mine, so my nukes are ok yo use.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I have never seen those kinds of numbers... even in the hay day.  I throw barrage all the time and I'm landing 7-8k with fury up and a reasonable amount of might (7-15).   So you're saying against a medium armour class it hit 15K????

Had someone might stacked him maybe?  Did you have 15 stacks of vuln?  Had he done so many nade shots a short time before that he had explosive temper at 10 stacks... even then I'm not sure that's even theoretically possible.

I have never seen those kinds of numbers... even in the hay day.  I throw barrage all the time and I'm landing 7-8k with fury up and a reasonable amount of might (7-15).   So you're saying against a medium armour class it hit 15K????

Yup it's very questionable but it did happen. This is why I'm always talking about "how does no one else notice these guys doing stuff like this".

Had someone might stacked him maybe?  Did you have 15 stacks of vuln?

Nope, I was just standing there decapping the home node and he came out of stealth solo, no one was around to give him any might stacks that would have lasted long enough to go from mid to home like that, and then he popped me for a 15k Grenade Barrage. I was on Soulbeast at the time, berserker/eagle. Combat log said it was only Grenade Barrage. He was directly on top of me when it happened though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yup it's very questionable but it did happen. This is why I'm always talking about "how does no one else notice these guys doing stuff like this".

Nope, I was just standing there decapping the home node and he came out of stealth solo, no one was around to give him any might stacks that would have lasted long enough to go from mid to home like that, and then he popped me for a 15k Grenade Barrage. I was on Soulbeast at the time, berserker/eagle. Combat log said it was only Grenade Barrage. He was directly on top of me when it happened though.

Was it just Grenade Barrage, or was it also Lesser Grenade Barrage?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Was it just Grenade Barrage, or was it also Lesser Grenade Barrage?

That could have been what happened. He may have popped a heal utility for the lesser and thrown normal at me directly afterwards.

From stealth, that would look like a single grenade strike graphic explosion.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's like a bug.  I mean the math can't work out, especially if he hadn't been lobbing grenades to build up explosive temper.

13 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Ranger Profession is not a bad design Profession so; nerfing its damage is not the problem. The real problem that has plumbed Guild Wars 2 population, reputation and players retention is; Bad Design Professions. It is the Bad Design Profession who should be on Anet top list to resolve or  continue to allow it to massacre the game image, its reputation, players retention including its players experience.

Ranger Profession does not even come close  at the top of the pile of years and years of damage done by Bad Design Professions like; Thief Profession, Mesmer Profession, Engineer Profession, Guardian Profession-Willbender

Whereas, non-Bad Design Professions can be nerfed, Bad Design are immune to nerfs

Start focusing on reworking/redesigning Bad Design first, before starting anything else.

It's even more than that.  The fact that you can 14K unblockable out of stealth in one hit is fundamentally broken in a holistically balanced game.  Many things like that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chromodynamix.2495 said:

It's even more than that.  The fact that you can 14K unblockable out of stealth in one hit is fundamentally broken in a holistically balanced game.  Many things like that.

Ranger Profession is not the only Profession who can 1 shot out stealth. Have you forgotten Perma-Stealth Thief Profession having 12 years with Toxic stealth mechanic? Why blame the lesser than the worse?

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Ranger Profession is not the only Profession who can 1 shot out stealth. Have you forgotten Perma-Stealth Thief Profession having 12 years with Toxic stealth mechanic? Why blame the lesser of the worse?

Which is why I said it's beyond design.  There are too many latent synergies with damage and stealth such that it is warranted to apply a -90% condi / strike dmg nerf effect to people while in stealth

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 7:04 PM, veritech.1048 said:

I also main support guard and tempest, the current meta is totally garbage with too many builds pumping out 15-20k damage combos in a second or two. It makes me feel like I'm just spamming my abilities off CD instead of using them reactively and skillfully.

For real. You know it's bad when you have something like Willbender repeatedly bursting down entire healthbars with just 2-3 buttons in under 2 seconds, but nobody even brings it up because even ridiculous, massively overrepresented, brain dead bs like that seems "balanced" in this environment because at least it's not happening from complete invisibility.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

its ironic because everyone was convinced the game was absolutely over after the historical february nerfs. the statements that you just couldn't do damage anymore, and that doing damage was never going to be possible again. now we're back to the exact same meta, somehow.

i remember in 2013 a thief could backstab 100-0 someone out of stealth, and the community went wild because it took all the challenge out of pvp and made games lopsided when a single player could carry that hard. they demanded it be removed. fast forward to 2020+ and all players want is cheap kills, easy wins, and no challenge and to be able to carry the entire game solo for easy loot and points.

the same type of players who brought us these metas also probably spawn camp with a 250+ point lead, interrupt 1v1s and so on. around the turn of the decade we entered the era of "only winning matters", and now we all have to deal with it.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 10:50 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

Ranger Profession is not the only Profession who can 1 shot out stealth. Have you forgotten Perma-Stealth Thief Profession having 12 years with Toxic stealth mechanic? Why blame the lesser than the worse?

nah man thief never did 30+k dmg out of stealth with 3 spell and while being invuln

• Like 1